Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

It wouldn't be a disaster to me if they didn't make the full motorcycle gear T-1000. I only say that because there is little film-based interraction between the T-1000 and the T-800 while he is 'wearing' that outfit - only when the T-800 climbs on the bonnet of the tanker and riddles him with bullets and in the hasta la vista scene but those would suit more for preposed dioramas including environment pieces. A normal articulated figure would sorta be a standalone figure with not much use other than to look good on a shelf for completists sake. I'd certainly take it if made but I won't be too upset if it isn't.

I just can't wait to get a proper T-1000 after so long with the McFarlane figure, which while good, is not accurate to any one scene in the film with its combination of hook arm, shotgun hit body and donut head each representing different scenes. And I never really liked the stance. However the exploded torso figure is great and still useful. It seems NECA aren't looking to repeat the versions that McFarlane made...which suits me just fine.

I care mainly about the Biker to have the eye shot out head, to me that was as visually significant as the split head was.

need a 12 inch t-1000 to pose w/ my 12 inch last battle t-800 arnie.i'm sure they will do at least 2 12 inche t-1000's.

I'm not sure we'll see any 12" T-1000s, I think Hot Toys diving head on into Terminator 2 12" and NECA's usual focus on 7" favors them just doing 7" T-1000s, but cool if they do make em. If they do, I'd like them to make the full metal one, Hot Toys won't do a figure like that, really couldn't, it would capitalize on what NECA can do that Hot Toys can't.

I like the one with the split head the best. That was always one of my favorite scenes from T2.

Some information on the T2 lineup at Toy Fair from Figures.com

* T-800 (Battle Across Time) Figure will feature different hands and a phase plasma rifle.
* T-800 (Steel Mill) Figure will feature new deco and battle damage.
* T-1000 (Liquid Metal) This may possibly be an exclusive later in the year.
* T-1000 (Police Officer) This figure is based on the 1st police officer form the T-1000 takes and will include a pistol and additional hand with pointed metal finger.
* T-1000 (Motorcycle Officer) This figure will feature interchangeable mettalic hook hands and a split in half in addition to another head which was not shown

That'd stink of the silver one were an exclusive to hunt down.

As for this T-1000

IMG_7817.JPG

The report makes it seem like that'll be the biker figure, but to even be accurrate to the steel mill, it'd still need a different lower body, but then that's not accurrate to the hooks and split head which was at Pescadero. This figure should ship as depicted for the hooks and head and then do 1 or 2 other figures for the motorcycle look.

Wasn't that just the police officer outfit with the boots from the biker outfit brought over?

It's a combination of both looks. From the waist up it was the standard police costume from the start of the film, and from the waist down it was the biker pants which have a stripe down the sides and the knee boots instead of shoes.

T-1000 had 3 different core looks in T2.

Yeah that write-up is confusing. To me 'motorcycle officer' describes the helmeted version not any of the figures shown at Toyfair. What are they calling the 'split head' figure?

They're calling the split head figure the motorcyle cop one, which is why I'm saying, that's just wrong, the motor look and those weapons and damage don't belong together. With NECA doing the variants and not mixing different parts from various scenes that don't belong together, it wouldn't make sense to do it with the T-1000. McFarlane did and it's wrong.

t1000.1.jpg

But any figure labelled motor cop should at minimum have the knee boots and striped pants like the McFarlane.

It's a combination of both looks. From the waist up it was the standard police costume from the start of the film, and from the waist down it was the biker pants which have a stripe down the sides and the knee boots instead of shoes.

T-1000 had 3 different core looks in T2.

Ah I thought it was just the boots. Were these actual coloured stripes or just like a seam? Because the McFarlane figure doesn't have what I would call stripes running down the pantlegs.

They're calling the split head figure the motorcyle cop one, which is why I'm saying, that's just wrong, the motor look and those weapons and damage don't belong together. With NECA doing the variants and not mixing different parts from various scenes that don't belong together, it wouldn't make sense to do it with the T-1000. McFarlane did and it's wrong.

t1000.1.jpg

But any figure labelled motor cop should at minimum have the knee boots and striped pants like the McFarlane.

Yeah the split head figure would more accurately be described as a 'Pescadero battle damage' T-1000. He didn't turn into the motorcycle cop till after that. Whats going on there? I don't like this uncertaintly.

Oh wait, just checked, it does appear to have a 'stripe' as shown in the picture you posted. Its not coloured though so I never really noticed it.

This figure should ship as depicted for the hooks and head and then do 1 or 2 other figures for the motorcycle look.

I very much agree, I don't want another McFarlane-esque 'blend' of different looks. I'd like the split head figure as is, can't stress that enough.

I can't remember off the top of my head what it looks like in the movie, I just remember back when the Sideshow figure shipped and it looked like there wouldn't be anymore figures, there was a lot of talk at this site about what it would take to accurrately customize a biker T-1000 and that's how I came to realize that his pants and boots in the steel mill weren't the same as earlier in the movie when he wore the shirt, I never noticed but once it was pointd out I saw it. So, you've got:

Cop (pointy finger, hook arms, split head, bullet hits, sword arms)

Biker Cop (4 arms for helicopter pilot, nitrogen damage)

Cop/Biker Cop Hybrid (blown out eye, pointy finger, bullet hits, split torso)

I very much agree, I don't want another McFarlane-esque 'blend' of different looks. I'd like the split head figure as is, can't stress that enough.

And I can't understand why they would mix, the T-800s are all proper, distinct representations, the only thing out of place was the pistol with Man or Machine.

I know they like to recycle, but why go through all the work for nice accurrate figures and cheap out on something as blatant as the entire lowere torso. You could do at least 2 biker figures to get use out of parts, sure the upper bodies and heads would differ but you could at least use the legs twice and one upper body and head could be from the figures shown at TF so that'd get recycled too.

So officially its really only 2 T-1000 figures - the other being a variant which might be an exclusive. Thats the one disappointment about this. I was really hoping for 4 T-1000 figures total to match the T-800 waves (as you said they could still do a lot of recycling there) while having chrome liquid metal versions replacing the endoskeletons we got with the T-800s. The execution is great from what we've seen but 2 more figures would be really nice so that no unwanted compromises have to made in making one figure mix up different looks from different parts of the film...granted we don't yet know that this will be the case. I hope not. I hope these figures get released as is and in the best case scenario that others are coming.

Well don't forget, Toy Fair is a show for saying, here's some of what we've got line up for the coming year, often products are unfinished or not even on display.

I'm iffy on the motor cop part, but I trust the accessories list for these figures and as you see, those pieces weren't at the show. Tankman himself has commented that the Predator 2 Elder isn't completed but it's on display there.

There's still a chance for more T-1000s. Until an official announcement from NECA of a wave of figures, we'll just have to wait and see.

Wave 1 was Endo, Pescadero and Man or Machine
Wave 2 was Cyberdyne and BD

You've got 2 kitbash T-800s coming plus all new T-1000s, there could be even more beyond that.

Actually just had a thought - if they did indeed replace the split head figure's legs with the biker cop legs thus making it innaccurate to either Pescadero or steel mill scenes - you could buy an extra Police Officer T-1000 and do a leg swap - easily done as I discovered with the T-800s.

You could then have a non-bd Steel mill T-1000 if you wished and a fully accurate Pescadero Battle damaged version. So actually if that scenario arose I'd love it!

Holy shiz, so those 2 arnold's are getting released? :lol

Yep. And it seems we were right about the Battle Across Time T-800. The other one has me slightly miffed since I bought extra figures to create that already.

Back