Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

I'm content waiting for the post that'll be made on NECA's site when things are official, Figures.com seems like a reliable source but their info is confusing and any other reporter could also provide mixed information. The only clear information would be the offical release info NECA will share once they're ready. The guy at the show may not know what they're talking about either, if he's a general NECA rep, he may have no clue about the various T-1000 looks and might confuse what he shares. Odds are the people at the show are ones NECA can afford to send away to represent them while the company continues with it's work.

Re: NECA 12inch Final Battle T800

I have the first wo, getting the Temple of the Serpent version soon. They rock! A must for any Schwarzenegger fan.

I believe there is five Conan figures out from Neca currently.

I forbid this thread to drop to page 2 of this forum again! This is my most eagerly anticipated line of 2010 alongside HT's equivalents.

Ah I understand what you're saying. The 'Frozen' body you refer to would be the same basic sculpt as the Biker cop figure but with a rougher iced texture in a walking pose. It would be this wave's Liquid metal variant of the basic police officer figure. Yeah I'd buy that. And as long as the split body (another favourite choice of mine as McFarlane didn't do this one) had the lower legs accurate to the steel mill scenes it'd be perfect because this set of legs could be interchanged with the first T-1000 wave's police officer version so as to create a non-battledamaged Steel Mill T-1000 aswell.

We'd pretty much be sorted for everything. McFarlane covered the exploded T-1000 and the donut headsculpt which, while not completely accurate due to the BD body and hook arm, is still acceptable to me.

Unfortunately though thats all speculation and another T-1000 wave may not happen. We aren't even completely certain that the current set of figures will be released as they are shown.

Exactly... we're on the same page there. I don't need another donut head, because the rest of that body is normal(though I'd be pleased if the normal figure came with a swapable donut head). Along with the 3 we've seen pictured at Toy Fair, the 3 I listed would complete my T-1000 quota... except maybe for an interchangeable spear-finger hand for the normal figure.

On the other hand, you may also be sadly correct about this all being speculation... but I just hope NECA knows what we want.

Re: NECA 12inch Final Battle T800

In all the Toyfair excitement I forgot to post that I received this. I'm very happy with it, not a HT calibre paintjob but no obvious errors. I'd love to chrome the endo parts.

I'm going to take photos of my 2 12" NECAs alongside Hot Toys stuff to let people see how they compare scalewise etc.

Would love to see it.
Will you wait ´til you can compare to the actual T-800 and BD T-800?

From Randy Falk's Twitter:

# T-1000 (Liquid Metal) variant will be an exclusive for SDCC or retailer TBA later

# Both T-1000 allow for heads, arms & hands to be swapped out so you can mix/match pcs. They include extra hands & an additional head nt shown

# T2 series 3 includes, T-800 Battle Across Time & T-800 Steel Mill along w T-1000 (reg cop) & T-1000 (battle damg w/hook hands)

I'd say Donuthead is the second head.

Last edited:

Gotta say, i'm impressed with Maulfan, A-dev and whoever else called out that "Battle Across Time" Arnie figure. Great shout.

i wonder if the battle across time figure will be sold esclusivley at the t2 3d gift shop

isnt that "battle across time" arnie also the desert scenes arnie as well? he had the grey tshirt on in those scenes i believe but no sunglasses, which is ok if you have a spare arnie head.

as for the all-silver variant being an exclusive, that really sucks!! and what happened to that motorcycle T-1000? guess that was just a rumour.

No, dessert T-800 is basically the Pescadero figure with a glasses-less head. Battle Accorss time figure is the Cyberdyne figure with a glasses head.

Id doubt it. It seems they would want to make as much money off of it as possible.

I would think that, it strikes me as being made to make more money with little work, but I can't help wonder, why make the metal T-1000 an Exclusive, I would think it'd sell as well as any other T-1000 figure.

No, dessert T-800 is basically the Pescadero figure with a glasses-less head. Battle Accorss time figure is the Cyberdyne figure with a glasses head.
Arnie wears the grey t-shirt in the desert, big dawg!

From Randy Falk's Twitter:

# T-1000 (Liquid Metal) variant will be an exclusive for SDCC or retailer TBA later

# Both T-1000 allow for heads, arms & hands to be swapped out so you can mix/match pcs. They include extra hands & an additional head nt shown

# T2 series 3 includes, T-800 Battle Across Time & T-800 Steel Mill along w T-1000 (reg cop) & T-1000 (battle damg w/hook hands)

I'd say Donuthead is the second head.

OK then.

T2 Series 3:

T-800 Battle Across Time - not needed but I'll buy one

T-800 Steel Mill - kinda bummed that I already made this figure, but will buy one if the eyes are painted differently as shown

T-1000 regular police officer version - Thrilled to see this. Will buy 5 or more.

T-1000 Pescadero Battle-damaged version - will buy one for the particular scene it depicts and additionals for cross customising with the regular cop version.

T-1000 liquid metal version - would like 2 or maybe 3 if I could get them

What I'd really love to know is if there will be a series 4 with T-1000 figures representing his appearances in the latter part of the film - the actual motorcycle cop, the steel mill version or any BD states of the steel mill figure. If I knew for certain that no more T-1000s would be made then I would increase my purchases of the current set and just accept the compromise that its not completely accurate.

For me to really want to go out and buy the Steel Mill Arnie he would have to have a different arm holding the pistol. Doesn't look right when he can't bend it all the way back like the way he does in the film. You're right though a-dev, it would be ace if his eyes were repainted like what we saw in the toy fair shots. Another plus point to make the figure more desirable for me.

Getting all the T-100's, with the possible exception of the liquid metal version, for obvious reasons. Will be great to display them with the Arnie's!

a-dev, out of curiousity, why would you get multiples of the full chrome one? I get the customizing with the other figures, but I don't see any way to make variations with the full chrome figure.

Of characters/figures that are really important to me I like to have more than 1 simply by default for the 'just in case' scenarios. Bit of an OCD thing there maybe!

I would use one chrome T-1000 in battle with the T-800 in the steel mill and another one freestanding 'walking out of the flames' from the aquaduct truck explosion perhaps. If I got a 3rd it'd be for a possible custom, perhaps to create my own 'forming from the ground up' T-1000.

For me to really want to go out and buy the Steel Mill Arnie he would have to have a different arm holding the pistol. Doesn't look right when he can't bend it all the way back like the way he does in the film. You're right though a-dev, it would be ace if his eyes were repainted like what we saw in the toy fair shots. Another plus point to make the figure more desirable for me.

Getting all the T-100's, with the possible exception of the liquid metal version, for obvious reasons. Will be great to display them with the Arnie's!

The liquid metal version will hopefully be available for order online. I'll be very disappointed if it isn't.

The draw of the Steel Mill T-800 for you need not necessarily be that particular pose - remember you have the McFarlane figure for that. Just put the new head with the sideways looking eyes on the McFarlane body. But you could get the new figure as more of a neutral posed T-800 from the steel mill, or in hand-to-hand combat with the T-1000 before he gets his arm caught in the giant gears.

I just hope it comes out close to as reflective as the prototype, if it does that'll look really cool. That's my vote for a 12" if any, Hot Toys will never do that so it'd be the only way to have it at 12" scale.

Yeah good point. I think it'd need some sort of extra incentive in the package though. Maybe a base and a backdrop from either the canal or the steel mill.

Back