Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

Im just gald neca is finally taken advantage of their T2 lisence. Didnt they release T2 bobble heads a while back?

I need to go back and look at those 2 new T-800's now there is word that they are getting released.

I can kind of see the point of the re-worked battle damaged version as it is 100% film accurate. I didn't expect it to be released but it's cool that it is. The only issue I have with it is that his right arm, holding the pistol, should be shaped more like the McFarlane one, for obvious reasons. Maybe a better joint that allows his arm to bend back further would improve him.

The 'Battle across time' version just seems like a waste of time to me. At this point, I don't think he'll be gracing my shelves, although the new hands do sound good. I didn't notice them in the toy fair pics, will go and check it out now. Maybe I'll use him to kitbash a Cyberdine version minus the mini gun.

I guess i'm kind of really taken back by new T-800 figures, I really wasn''t expecting any new ones, I figured they'd pretty much used up his main 4 or 5 looks and weren't going to release anymore. Surely it means that he sold quite a lot, that they're releasing more of him? Pretty good stuff!

As for the T-1000, i'm not as clued up about his changing looks and different stages of damage throughout the film. Not as much as I was on the T-800, anyways. I'm pretty much buzzing with what we've seen at toy fair. I'll leave all the customising options to maulfan and a-dev! :lol

I reckon its because they weren't confident enough in being able to sell quite as many T-1000s so they're putting out more T-800s alongside him. Its also probably why theres only 2 T-1000 sculpts and one repaint.

It would never have occured to me to want a T2 3D T-800 but I'll probably take him. If I'd had a say in it any further T-800s would have come atop a Harley Davison or as newly-posed figures in elaborate diorama box sets.

But the main thing is we're getting a non-bd Police officer T-1000. Thats essentially what he looked like for most of the film so it seems the most important to me.

Im just gald neca is finally taken advantage of their T2 lisence. Didnt they release T2 bobble heads a while back?

Indeed, it's turning into an awesome line. Someone was commenting in the Predator thread about how the Endo coming out early on in NECA's history and now all these as the license being handled poorly but to me it's being handled properly, they're just rolling with it, no real delays, just lots of figures covering things. Other than doing more T-1000s and wanting to see at least 1 Saraha and John, I don't really have any gripes with this line, it's been fantastic and there's hardly and representations you could want that NECA hasn't delivered.

I can kind of see the point of the re-worked battle damaged version as it is 100% film accurate. I didn't expect it to be released but it's cool that it is. The only issue I have with it is that his right arm, holding the pistol, should be shaped more like the McFarlane one, for obvious reasons. Maybe a better joint that allows his arm to bend back further would improve him.

The 'Battle across time' version just seems like a waste of time to me. At this point, I don't think he'll be gracing my shelves, although the new hands do sound good. I didn't notice them in the toy fair pics, will go and check it out now. Maybe I'll use him to kitbash a Cyberdine version minus the mini gun.

With the BD figure, it's going to end up the way it is because it will be mostly, if not all, recycled parts it's not a whole new figure.

Which, leads to the T2:3D figure, it's 100% kitbash of of existing pieces. It's an easy way to put out something that can bring them more money without any new tooling or anything like that. I'm sure they're not counting on it to be a big seller, but if you can more money of a figure that requires little effor to produce, why not.

But the main thing is we're getting a non-bd Police officer T-1000. Thats essentially what he looked like for most of the film so it seems the most important to me.

I'm most excited about him as I was about Pescadero T-800. I personally love the clean, pristine versions of what characters are meant to look like the most. I can enjoy battle damage and even like collecting it in addition, but I'm not a fan of when it's all I can have, like I have the P2 BD figure from Hot Toys and not the regular, so my P2 has the blood effect painted on him, still like the figure, but it's not my ideal. It's why i'm glad the Hot Toys T-800 has no bullet holes in him, sure it wasn't long before he got them, but I still love that sharp look that represents when he first came on screen. Same with the clean T-1000 from NECA, there he is as he was first introduced to us.

I reckon its because they weren't confident enough in being able to sell quite as many T-1000s so they're putting out more T-800s alongside him. Its also probably why theres only 2 T-1000 sculpts and one repaint.
Yeah you're probably right mate. I realise these new T-800's are just existing parts used together to make new figures, any dumbo can figure that out! ha ha. I still think the new Battle damage version should come with a different right arm, though. There's time yet, hopefully he will!

It would never have occured to me to want a T2 3D T-800 but I'll probably take him. If I'd had a say in it any further T-800s would have come atop a Harley Davison or as newly-posed figures in elaborate diorama box sets.
Yeah I agree there, i've always thought an Arnold on the Harley would be ace. The perfect companion to the existing figures. Not to be though, I guess :(

Agreed there as well! Icing on the cake if we get a police biker uniform version.

We'll see, the same source for that also says the T-1000 with split head is a biker :lol

Even with different hands, it's still essentially be a kitbash, which is the only reason I can conceive of putting out a figure from an attraction that I'm sure a number of people haven't seen. If anything, I'd make that an exclusive to sell in the store outside the attraction. The one thing I liked about the theme parks in Florida, if there was a ride for something you really liked, there was a kickass store full of goodies you can't find just anywhere right outside it, T2 store and Star Wars stores were my favorites.

As much as Exclusive would suck, not having a metallic finish like that would suck more, so of the options, I'll take exclusive and looking right to readily available and not looking good.

I wish we could confirm either way what the story is with the ''motorcycle cop'' figure they talk about. And indeed if there'll be more figures. I can't really know how many of each I'm buying until we do. The man himself isn't active in this thread as he was in the Predator thread.

Maybe Kyle didn't sculpt these. From the way he posts about the Predator, even if he did the T-1000, he seems to have poured a great deal into the Predator and is getting active in there. Also, that thread's been around since before Toy Fair with him commenting in it, so he might have it book marked and hasn't even seen this one.

I've been thinking, the first 2 series of Neca's T2 each had 3 T-800 figures. Granted one in each was an endoskeleton, and not Arnold, this still gives me an idea. If there might be 2 more series, 3 figures each, the 4th series could (and I think should) have the Biker Cop, Split Body, and Frozen Body.

I forbid this thread to drop to page 2 of this forum again! This is my most eagerly anticipated line of 2010 alongside HT's equivalents.

I've been thinking, the first 2 series of Neca's T2 each had 3 T-800 figures. Granted one in each was an endoskeleton, and not Arnold, this still gives me an idea. If there might be 2 more series, 3 figures each, the 4th series could (and I think should) have the Biker Cop, Split Body, and Frozen Body.

Ah I understand what you're saying. The 'Frozen' body you refer to would be the same basic sculpt as the Biker cop figure but with a rougher iced texture in a walking pose. It would be this wave's Liquid metal variant of the basic police officer figure. Yeah I'd buy that. And as long as the split body (another favourite choice of mine as McFarlane didn't do this one) had the lower legs accurate to the steel mill scenes it'd be perfect because this set of legs could be interchanged with the first T-1000 wave's police officer version so as to create a non-battledamaged Steel Mill T-1000 aswell.

We'd pretty much be sorted for everything. McFarlane covered the exploded T-1000 and the donut headsculpt which, while not completely accurate due to the BD body and hook arm, is still acceptable to me.

Unfortunately though thats all speculation and another T-1000 wave may not happen. We aren't even completely certain that the current set of figures will be released as they are shown.

Nope, until NECA's official announcement, we're a bit in the dark as to just what we'll be offered.

I shall keep an eye on that then. Like you Johnny I don't think I'll be signing up to Twitter but thanks for that PM.

Re: NECA 12inch Final Battle T800

In all the Toyfair excitement I forgot to post that I received this. I'm very happy with it, not a HT calibre paintjob but no obvious errors. I'd love to chrome the endo parts.

I'm going to take photos of my 2 12" NECAs alongside Hot Toys stuff to let people see how they compare scalewise etc.

Back