Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

I think there comes a point where there's such thing as too casual. I'm basing my guesses off the types of teens I see buying this sort of stuff and that the shops selling NECA seem to cater too, and in those cases, it seems like the more bizarre a figure, the more appealing.

As far as the cloaked Predators, I was the same, I didn't really dig it either, but I just felt it was a poor execution and idea. You can't mimic the invisiability effect from the movie in a 3D figure, the end result looks more like a ghost from Star Wars. The chrome T-1000, if it came out of production like the proto, would perfectly render the look from the movie.

Just have to wait and see, I'm really not expecting any T-1000s in 12" form from NECA, they're not even going all out with the 7" like the T-800.

Re: 【NECA T2 2nd wave in store pics】

Busts are more noble and what is not meant to be "playing" with them.^^
They are in the cabinet, are simply higher quality than normal Figures (better paintjob and finish) and can have very dynamic poses.
But the idea of busts is not contrary to make new figures(final Battle T-1000).
Through the production of busts you could make the Figures one would not have made otherwise.
Because you would have funded it with the busts, or would use the same Sculpts.

A series of busts would not be a big problem for Neca, they simply bring the Figure Sculpts into a dynamic, iconic pose, make a cool base and to bring then as better painted and better finished 1: 6 Resin bust out.
Some Figures like Arnold could therefore revise the sculpt something( use this newer Sculpt for a 18" T-800 Arnold).

Busts are more noble and what is not meant to be "playing" with them.^^
They are in the cabinet, are simply higher quality than normal Figures (better paintjob and finish) and can have very dynamic poses.
But the idea of busts is not contrary to make new figures(final Battle T-1000).
Through the production of busts you could make the Figures one would not have made otherwise.
Because you would have funded it with the busts, or would use the same Sculpts.

A series of busts would not be a big problem for Neca, they simply bring the Figure Sculpts into a dynamic, iconic pose, make a cool base and to bring then as better painted and better finished 1: 6 Resin bust out.
Some Figures like Arnold could therefore revise the sculpt something( use this newer Sculpt for a 18" T-800 Arnold).

:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

What is, you sleepyhead ? ^^
Have you no imagination for more great products?

What is, you sleepyhead ? ^^
Have you no imagination for more great products?
i think the idea of collecting big paper weights made him sleepy.

*yaaaaaaawn* yep, it's getting to me too.

Hmm. I suppose thats not a bad point. Only problem is any time I've used chrome paint on figures it never dries. I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Metallic paints seem trick, and who knows, for mass production, NECA might use a vac foil instead of paint.

Well at least I'm not the only one. Never been able to get a nice chrome endoskeleton like others here because of this. It doesn't dry, rubs off on anything it touches (haha,almost a line from T2), attracts dust and hairs....really annoying.

The T-1000 is a nice Figure.
Im hoping the final Figure looks so god as the Prototype.
The Chrome Effeckt und the liquid metal ist very cool.

Back when in-hand pics were first shown of the T-800s I wasn't happy at all with the paint on the faces. Especially the eyes - I just got used to them, they're not as good paintwise as figures from a few years ago. But some of my T-800s are better than others and the bad ones to me don't look as bad in person as they do when I try to photograph them. I can accept it.

The T-1000 might suffer more though. I dunno, the T-1000's eyes are an important part of him being him, that upturned gaze - I hope they don't turn out messy and/or cartoony.

Yes, that is with the face or the eyes of T-800 really sad.

I hope that this does not happen with the T-1000.
This is the final figure will be better and the liquid metal chrome color is also.

NECA's updated their site, confirmed that Series 3 is:

-Galleria T-1000
-Pescadero T-1000
-T2:3D T-800
-Steel Mill T-800

Release May 2010

So, my guess is the Liquid Metal T-1000 will be a Comic Con Exclusive in July.

Yes, the Pescadero has fully split and partially split heads included with it.

T1000Pescadero.jpg

Full details here.

https://www.necaonline.com/article/detail/291

Excellent. So I shall be preordering my lot shortly. I hope BBTS lists them individually rather than just as cases. I want 1 of each T-800 but quite a few of each T-1000 so ordering by the case won't work for me.

T-1000s head definitely looks a bit elongated. I hope it shrinks a bit proportionate to itself like the 7" T-800 seems to when compared to the 12" version. Of course that could just be an imagined phenomenon. Anyway, sleep.

Back