Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

I'm a little worried there was no info on the silver T-1000 there. Maybe it will be an exclusive/chase variant afterall :(

I do like the sound of all of the interchangable parts though!

Whoa, that's such a fantastic likeness... for such a weird sculpt. Hmm...
Would it kill 'em to make ball-jointed elbows, though? And preferably a swivel joint right at the belt. The main attractions are his arms, so we should get to choose their pose!

As I suspected so far BBTS only has these available for order as cases. Was hoping to be able to get my orders in straight away but I'll have to wait. FP.com has them individually but I'm sure they'd take longer than BBTS and it'd kill me.

I'm really impressed with how the closing back up head captures that pissed off look he had because as he was reforming he looked very angry that the blew his head apart.

yeah, that look is spot on. neca's got some great artists, and they don't get enough credit, imo.

this incarnation of the t1000 always reminds me of john carpenter's the thing. which is intentional, i'm sure.

NECA's humans would get much more credit if the sculpts didn't have the rough texture that they do, they all end up looking like they were made from chiselling away at stone and for a lot of people, even to me, that carries a feeling of unfinished work. You get so used to smoothed out, cleaned up sculpts that something like a NECA feels like it wasn't finished up. They do capture nice likenesses and expressions though. I wish they'd made a 12" Hannibal Lecter, I'd find some way to make an articulated figure with it because it's a really nice head, definitely better than Medicom's effort.

OK I changed my mind and ordered 1 case from BBTS since I do want at least one of each figure, but since I have no desire for multiples of either T-800 I'll leave it at 1 case. Later they'll be available individually and I'll go nuts then.

Man, they'd better have a case deal for when the Preds come out... then again, I'd probably end up getting one of each character. P1's gonna have three different heads, so I'll pick my fave. I just hope they don't swap accessories throughout the variants to motivate me into buying 'em all... hate it when they do that.

When are the 12inch T-1000's and Predators for Neca supposed to start coming??? I see that the T-1000's 6inch figures are up for pre order already...

There's been no word if 12" versions of the T-1000 or Predators will even be made, only the 7" figures are confirmed at the moment.

Now that it seems the liquid metal version will be an exclusive varriant of the Galleria figure, I wonder if it will come with a whopping five interchangeable liquid metal hands and swappable heads to allow the same interchangeability as the other two figures, or if it will be one solid figure. NECA has a wonderful opportunity to make this a GREAT figure.

I expect it'll just be a straight repaint of the Galleria figure, perhaps even without any of the extra hands that figure may have. I don't think this would bother me too much since neither of those BD heads would suit being totally chromed.

Yea, I guess you're right. I was going on the idea that they have written "to create your own unique T-1000" at the end of those paragraphs. Still, if that is not done, I'm not worried, I'm still holding out hope for a 4th series with Steel Mill Split Body T-1000 and Biker Cop T-1000 with a Frozen Biker Cop T-1000 varriant/exclusive to make my T-1000 collection more complete.

Those are exactly the final few T-1000s I would love NECA to make. If you take McFarlane and NECAs collections together those are the key T-1000 gaps. And any others (like non-BD Steel mill version) could be put made through buying multiples of certain figures and part-swapping.

I hope there will be a series 4 to get at least those figures out there. I have doubts though.

No, don't doubt it! We need to stay positive about it. Keep one key fact in mind(and yes, it happens to be another quote from NECA's T-1000 page)
"Keep it tuned to necaonline.com for more info on Terminator 2 and other lines from your favorite games and movies."
They have to have more of our smiles up their sleeves, like uh... maybe a grand finale: Two large box sets with T-800 and T-1000 both on their separate motorcycles.

While I'd like more out of NECA, given how the T-1000's being handled, I'm not hopeful of anything more that is unique from them. They're basically only releasing 2 T-1000 figures and 1 variant as an exclusive, non-mass released figure. If they were going to do more with T-1000, I would think they would have done more than 2 mass market figures this go around. Maybe they'll surprise us with a couple Biker costume based figures. As for a box set, it wouldn't surprise me to see a Pescadero T-800 and Galleria T-1000 or Pescadero T-1000 2 pack, to continue making money off those sculpts.

Back