Official PREDATOR thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for you Predator vets: In what order are the (Hot Toys) Predators ranked in rareness?

Also- What are the numbers made on each of them? (/500, etc)

Thanks guys-

I hate waiting. Another day, no mail. :mad:

I'm still waiting on my helmets and skulls, two full size bio helmets, and an Omnibus.

GRRRRRRR.

when are you getting your ASia Ex?

PITU!!!!!! badassness new vid.. Got it on ebay the other day so prolly gonna be awhile.. :(

Haven't even gotten it yet and already want another one! Hey your gamer tag is pituvision right? All I play is H3.. See ya there-

Scar and the Asia Ex are probably the most rare id say

Celtic right behind those two also

Thanks man! When you say Asia Ex, do you mean the Ancient AVP (Asia) Pred? (Sorry not sure if there are other Asian Preds)

Scar and the Asia Ex are probably the most rare id say

Celtic right behind those two also

The Sideshow exclusive AvP Ancient might actually be rarer than the Asia exclusive, since you basically could only get them directly from SSC. The Asia "exclusive" seems to have been available everywhere. I'm not sure why they called it that in the first place. Scar and Celtic went pretty fast, being the first two releases. By the time Chopper and Elder came out, those two were basically gone already.

Just my guess, but Battle Damaged Scar may be the rarest of all, at least it seems to fetch the highest prices. Does anyone happen to know what the exact edition size was for that figure? Was it 200 or 500? I seem to recall the Ancient Asia edition was 500 total, but not sure about that.

Last edited:
The Sideshow exclusive AvP Ancient might actually be rarer than the Asia exclusive, since you basically could only get them directly from SSC. The Asia "exclusive" seems to have been available everywhere. I'm not sure why they called it that in the first place. Scar and Celtic went pretty fast, being the first two releases. By the time Chopper and Elder came out, those two were basically gone already.

Just my guess, but Battle Damaged Scar may be the rarest of all, at least it seems to fetch the highest prices. Does anyone happen to know what the exact edition size was for that figure? Was it 200 or 500? I seem to recall the Ancient Asia edition was 500 total, but not sure about that.

Good stuff man, thank you.

No problem. Here's a clear pic of my Asia exclusive for reference. Sorry, I don't happen to have one of the SSC exclusive handy, but the only difference between the two is the bio-mask. Other than that they are identical.

P1010104.jpg

No problem. Here's a clear pic of my Asia exclusive for reference. Sorry, I don't happen to have one of the SSC exclusive handy, but the only difference between the two is the bio-mask. Other than that they are identical.

P1010104.jpg

God I love the Asian variant. I grabbed one from ebay a few days back (most likely overpaid, *$343 shipped from Hong Kong* but had to have it.) That is an awesome pic. I might have to pose mine like that when I get it, then have him stepping on the Alien head ala P!TU style...

If the only difference is the mask, which one is film-accurate?

I prefer the Asia one...much better looking...

If the only difference is the mask, which one is film-accurate?

I prefer the Asia one...much better looking...

From what I can see from the AVP flashback scenes, the Asia Ex. Ancient is the most screen accurate. He was the first Pred seen in the flashback scene, and the main Pred on the top of the temple who sets off his thermal detonator.

The only thing is, the HT Asia Pred does not come with a detonator gauntlet just a regular one that attaches to the really long blades.

God I love the Asian variant. I grabbed one from ebay a few days back (most likely overpaid, *$343 shipped from Hong Kong* but had to have it.) That is an awesome pic. I might have to pose mine like that when I get it, then have him stepping on the Alien head ala P!TU style...

Wow thats alot for any Hot Toy man..

Wow thats alot for any Hot Toy man..

No doubt. But from my understanding this guy is tough to come across and the ebay completed listings agreed with me. Looks like I'll be paying that and then some for the Scar that is up as well. These guys are too cool to pass up. Oh well ya only live once, just too bad I couldn't have found out about these when they first came out...

No doubt. But from my understanding this guy is tough to come across and the ebay completed listings agreed with me. Looks like I'll be paying that and then some for the Scar that is up as well. These guys are too cool to pass up. Oh well ya only live once, just too bad I couldn't have found out about these when they first came out...

You woulda saved alot of change if you bought them back then. I guess because they are the first Predators HT released and all, show us some pics when you assemble him

Holy crap, that's quite a jump in price since I last heard what they were going for! Kinda makes me extra thankful I got mine when they were still around $150 shipped from Sideshow... I don't think I could afford to buy one now!

Glad you liked the pic, I was using it as my avatar up until a month ago. I posted a bunch of other pics of the Asia Ex last Spring, but you'd probably have to sift through quite a few pages to find them. If nobody minds my reposting these, here are a couple more you might enjoy...

P1010117.jpg

P1010123.jpg

P1010363.jpg

Can you please post up your collection Mud, id like to see it bro :)

Me on the other hand you have to wait till i get a cabinet to display my stuff in

Can you please post up your collection Mud, id like to see it bro :)

Me on the other hand you have to wait till i get a cabinet to display my stuff in

It would be a pleasure, but I'm afraid it'll have to be a little at a time. I moved last summer and a lot of my collection is still packed up. I have some older pics, but I want to take new ones, and for that, I still have to set up a new place to shoot some decent pics. When that happens, I'll probably be making a new thread to show some of my stuff. I'll let you know when it's up. :D

I'd really like to see your collection, too. Any idea when you might be getting that display cabinet?

Sounds good bro!

But with mine im still waiting for my 3 ADI Alien Dios, my 1:1 Wolf Helmet, Wolf & P2 BD. im actually thinking of picking up the Shoulder Cannon/Pistol also.

Im in the market for a nice cabinet thats not too big so i can display my stuff. Hopefully soon ill get one

Back