Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how you get pirate and chipmunk from this....

Fiefield_creature.jpg

....and I think the more alien version actually resembles a zombie just as much as what we got. Except with the version we got, we know the scarring on his face is from acid burns.

Reminds me a little like Jason Voorhees. Except Jason is scarier. :panic:

I don't know how you get pirate and chipmunk from this....

Fiefield_creature.jpg

....and I think the more alien version actually resembles a zombie just as much as what we got. Except with the version we got, we know the scarring on his face is from acid burns.

cheezus, the acid barely scrapped his beard. :lol

Its a double edged sword for me. I want to see more, but I don't want Lindelof writing it. SO, I want it to be successful enough to keep going, but not successful enough to keep Lindelhof on board. :dunno

Plus, in one of his interviews, he said he was going to really veer off from what people expect in the sequel, and coming from him, thats just scary.

Many franchises are they who make the huge mistake of thinking that ticking off the very fans they want to appeal to is a successful/interesting/fun thing to do. "Let's screw around with them just to watch their heads explode! All right, cool idea!"

*big sigh*

Have to agree with you there, Niltusk. I might take a look-see at a sequel if Lindelof is NOT writing this. But we all know they are going to try to induce interest by doubling down on the very things that have people upset with this film. As it is, I think I will be avoiding the franchise until he is gone. As a fan of the Alien franchise for literally decades, it makes me very sad.

Hadn't seen this before, had some interesting bits in it (courtesy of MTV):

To: Josh Horowitz
Sent June 11, 2012, 2:53 a.m.

Joshua,

My answers are below, in bold. So that you can tell the difference.

Damon, you have been extremely patient with me this weekend so I'm going to let you finally go on your way. But before you redirect my e-mail address to your spam folder I'm going to throw a few final questions at you in the hopes that I've worn you down to the point of revealing all. Rapid-fire style.
Is this like a rap battle? AWESOME.

Why did David poison Charlie? Was he hoping he'd impregnate Elizabeth or was that just a nice bonus?
In the scene preceding said "poisoning" (but WAS it?), David was chatting with someone in cryo-sleep via headset that we can safely assume is Weyland. If I were a betting man, I'd say something happened in that conversation that very specifically directed David to spike Holloway's champagne. And yes, it was a safe bet that Holloway would have sex with Shaw soon after. Which is why in space, you should always wear a condom!

Did you and Ridley and Jon discuss who created the Engineers?
Yes. But the more fascinating question is this: Do the Engineers KNOW who created them?

Have you guys worked out the answer to Elizabeth Shaw's burning question, i.e. why did our creators turn on us?
Golly, I'm all for ambiguity, but if we didn't know the answer to THAT one, the audience would have every right to string us up. Yes. There is an answer. One that is hinted at within the goalposts of "Prometheus." I'll bet if I asked you to take a guess you wouldn't be far off.

What the hell does that final shot in "Inception" mean?
It means that Leonardo DiCaprio can make a top spin for a really, really long time. Is there ANYTHING that guy can't do?

It's Khan, right? It has to be Khan.
Would you believe me if I told you that Cumberbatch was playing Cumberbatch just so we could have a credit in the movie that read, "And Benedict Cumberbatch as himself?" You wouldn't? Well then SCREW YOU! I'M GOING TO YELL NOW AS A WAY OF NOT ANSWERING THIS QUESTION!

Congrats again. You are a gentleman.
I am no such thing.

Josh

Damon

Lindelof has said that essentially all he did was take Ridley's ideas and put them on paper.

Yeah, its still Lindelof's story though. Ridley told him that Janek was going to be Southern instead of English (Per Elba), but Lindelof "rewrote" the character, not Ridley. I think the best thing I heard Lindelof say was that he hopes Cameron takes over if Ridely decides hes too busy to continue this and they get a fresh writer to continue what he built.

Oh, and my theory of Theron also being an android went bust. Lindelof said in one interview that not only is Vickers human, but David was supposed to look like her male counterpart as a further slap in the face for her being born female. :horror

Last edited:
Just watched the extended edition of Aliens for the first time in quite a few years last night. It's clear to me that if Aliens were released today and was the same movie but with today's special effects half the audience would write it off as just a bunch of idiots making bad decisions like the crew of the Prometheus.

"Crack" soldiers walking around touching alien secreted resins with their bare hands, parking a dropship with an open ramp a dozen yards away from an infested complex, a badass soldier unable to withstand the pain of a little girl's bite when her life and possibly his team could be in jeopardy, Newt's parents exploring an alien ship without any precautions, considering a complex "secure" just because some soldiers didn't detect any movement in about a five minute search, the list just goes on.

Good thing that that movie came out before the internet.

What do you mean "The Queen used the elevator"? How could it use an elevator, man? It's an animal!

Stop raping my childhood.

I am fine with Ripley being able to hang onto the ladder rung with her elbow with a 1000 lb Alien hanging from her foot and the vaccuum of space sucking everything out of the cargo bay hold...
Just watched the extended edition of Aliens for the first time in quite a few years last night. It's clear to me that if Aliens were released today and was the same movie but with today's special effects half the audience would write it off as just a bunch of idiots making bad decisions like the crew of the Prometheus.

"Crack" soldiers walking around touching alien secreted resins with their bare hands, parking a dropship with an open ramp a dozen yards away from an infested complex, a badass soldier unable to withstand the pain of a little girl's bite when her life and possibly his team could be in jeopardy, Newt's parents exploring an alien ship without any precautions, considering a complex "secure" just because some soldiers didn't detect any movement in about a five minute search, the list just goes on.

Good thing that that movie came out before the internet.

Back