Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly.

Like I said, there are problems with the flick, but not that one. His character stayed consistent since the beginning.

Well consistent enough till he died. His presence was a bit short lived. :lol

I liked his drunken stupor on Shaw. And everyone's jab at Shaw for wearing her crucifix after they discovering the engineers (why you wearing that still). These deleted scenes had too many religious attacks.

Crap, even the engineer sacrificing himself; it's LIKE they were saying he was Christ. He died, so we can live.

:lol

The alternate ending is awesome.

Shaw has this great "**** you" attitude to David. It's great.

"Does it matter why?"

"Yes. Yes it dies. "

"I don't understand?"

"That's because i'm a human being, and you're a ****ing robot."

Then she throws his head into the bag. :lol

"Does it matter why?"

"Yes. Yes it dies. "

"I don't understand?"

Yeah, I liked that a lot and the extended fight scene between the engineer and Shaw.

Well, I know that my complaint was taken care of. Thank goodness the Engineer got one sentence in.

"Why are you here?"

Freaking deep! And then Mum-Ra Weyland says they've got alot in common and that they're like "gods" too. Whoa, it's almost as if he wanted his autograph!

Now it all makes sense that the Engineers are die hard atheists! They also apparently don't care for imported electronics!

Still one-dimensional and undercooked. But whatevs, let's see if the sequel salvages the wasted opportunity here.

"Does it matter why?"

"Yes. Yes it dies. "

"I don't understand?"

Yow! I want to see that now! :rock

Yeah, I liked that a lot and the extended fight scene between the engineer and Shaw.

Which is one deleted scene I definitely need to watch! I'll be picking up the DVD this Friday.

I mean, i'd say the same thing for Sucker Punch, so it isn't a full on defense statement.

Sucker Punch is a film that failed in every way, but yet, it was made with passion. So I gotta give it for that.

No, if it was, it would've been a safe movie, in every way.

Which it wasn't. Diet Nam.

UcrJU.gif

Last edited:
Looking back mabey i SHOULD of gotten the 3D Blu Ray set for the 3 hour docu but i was tight on cash today, they should of included it on the regular set. Mabey one day ill see it.

Enjoyed all the Deleted scenes, theres like a whole chunk of the movie missing, like 30 minutes! None of its really fluff id say, some slow parts but some cool stuff also.

I would of liked if they added in more of the Engineer scenes, the producers say it took away from the 'mystery' of them but the whole first hour of the movie is a mystery, hell the last 20 years have been!! Its not like Ridley made 2 movies at the same time and all the payoff is coming in a few months, we have no clue when a prometheus sequel will be.

I did not know Shaw kicks the baby alien's butt
[ame]https://youtu.be/rCFBrP5nmQc[/ame]

i thought the expletive was somewhat unnecc and wasn't really consistent w Shaw's character.

what i wanted was more dialogue, can't believe i want more talking in a action flick but in this case some important bits were left out.

Back