Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
page 666 and it's october....oooooooooouuuuu.....

wb5ee8.gif

funny-gif-scared-Panda-mom-check.gif

ahhhh.gif

Someone be postin some Tate up in here. I can't stand her annoying ass. Make her go away from the Office. Ugh.

Source

Ridley Scott turned down the opportunity to make a director's cut of Prometheus.

DVD and Blu-ray producer Charles de Lauzirika, who directed the epic 220-minute Making Of documentary The Furious Gods, confirmed to Digital Spy that Fox offered Scott the chance to re-cut the film for its home entertainment release

"It was discussed quite a bit, the idea of an extended cut," de Lauzirika said. "But the theatrical cut is Ridley's director's cut."

"Fox very kindly offered him the opportunity to create a new cut of the film, and he said 'No, this is my cut, and I'll give you thirty-something minutes of deleted scenes on the side'.

"It was that simple, there was really no debate and no argument."

De Lauzirika went on to discuss the making of The Furious Gods, which he began collecting footage for more than a year before shooting on Prometheus began.

"It's very comprehensive and meaningful, and not just fluff," he commented, promising a "candid" look at the film's production.

"I've tried to be candid, to go into the problems and how they're overcome, and the creative clashes and how those are resolved. I find that to be the most fascinating part of filmmaking.

"These are very talented, headstrong, passionate people, everyone having their own particular vision for the film, all having to serve Ridley's vision.

"Fox didn't have me cut anything out. I was expecting this thing to be gutted, not because it's Fox or the material, but we do get into some honest topics. Right out of the gate, I think we have a very serious and candid documentary."

Stange about the directors cut. Thought Ridley loved doing them.:dunno

That doesn't mean there won't be an alternate cut. Just that Ridley doesn't want to make a directors cut. We'll see. He did say there will be an alternate cut, on video. So...I dunno.

I don't really care either way. It's whatever.

i remember someone in this thread at one time suggested the engineer at the beginning might have been some kind of rebel or refugee, and he started life on earth without permission. which is why the engineers want to destroy it.

The Greek Prometheus myth centers around Prometheus's punishment for his theft of fire from the Gods which he gave to mankind (he was also said to have created mankind from clay). I'd say the parallels between the primordial Engineer's death and the mythical Prometheus's punishment are fairly explicit.

This film (like Blade Runner or 2001: A Space Odyssey) doesn't draw a roadmap for its audience and remains elliptical. All three films in certain ways defy interpretation.
But the average moviegoer demands instant gratification and crystal clear exposition. To have to actually think about something is usually too much work (which might explain why the Bayformer movies have made billions of dollars).:wink1:

Your post is so uneducated and illiterate, I couldn't be bothered answering you. I presume you have access to google and your hands have opposable thumbs.

Translation: I have nothing cogent to say so I'll go for the crude insult at this person's intelligence, since I'm so insecure about my own. :clap

Great non-answer! You actually revealed a lot! :yess:

And yes, I live in the US around 6-7 months of the year and hold citizenship.

So you're a tourist...figures :rolleyes:

___

Has anyone had issues viewing the Prometheus BR?
Yes, I updated my firmware, but I've had two copies now that have issues with the picture breaking up and/or appearing blocky...gonna try for a third copy tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered any issues with this disc...

UltraViolet can be synced up with Android stuff.

But you can still download iTunes to watch it. Not a huge deal. You don't need an apple product to have it.

I have iTunes, but I'd like to transfer the movie to my Sony .mp3 player. For that I'd need the raw video file, which other digital copies usually provide. Meh. Just a minor gripe.

I will always hate this movie because we did not get AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS because of this Horse Turd, this dog S__t of a movie,
Mountains of madness would have been amazing, yet we will never see it

And your opinion.

Like Jay said, "In a world of Jack and Jill's and What's Your Number, if this movie really bothers you that much, then maybe you should stop watching movies.".

Back