Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the deleted scenes without commentary last night. I felt that the majority of them should have remained i the movie.

It also felt that the "Engineer" at the beginning of the movie sacrificed himself against his will. As if he was a criminal and this was his punishment/death sentence by the will of the other "Engineered".

Once the cup was given to him but another, he nodded/excepted and went to kill himself.

I rented this ONDemand. I'm taking back a video game I bought to BB today. If they have a copy in a few minutes I will pick it up. This movie is a buy for me. I had to see it first though because of the feedback. The visuals alone are worth the price. This movie was beautiful.

But I digress, what I wouldn't give to........well I'm married. :rotfl

They had a bunch. So I picked it up and will check it out tonight. I should have just bought it in the first place.

Watched the deleted scenes without commentary last night. I felt that the majority of them should have remained i the movie.

It also felt that the "Engineer" at the beginning of the movie sacrificed himself against his will. As if he was a criminal and this was his punishment/death sentence by the will of the other "Engineered".

Once the cup was given to him but another, he nodded/excepted and went to kill himself.

Another element of the film that fuels the fires of haters. There's a lot of unsolved mystery in this film which is why I like it. And do you mean accepted instead of excepted?

Another element of the film that fuels the fires of haters. There's a lot of unsolved mystery in this film which is why I like it. And do you mean accepted instead of excepted?

Accepted...sorry.

I enjoyed the movie and am not a hater. Tonight I am going to watch the deleted scenes with commentary to see why they were decided to be removed.

Scenes like "First Lifeform" made sense as why the character was so friendly to the "cobra" alien.

Loved the extended ending. Reminded me of the original Alien. We saw more of the Engineer and his design.

Got through most of the movie last night, watched it with the commentary. Some of the elements of the original script that was just an alien prequel sounded very cool.

The movie is beautiful in HD, so clean and the visual effects and design are amazing.

At least they finally explained why Guy Pearse was playing an old guy. I like the whole "entering cryo dreams" thing, but it would have been very weird I think had it made the final movie. That "Fury" doc is one of the best I've seen, its bloody epic. But it's a testament to the bad decisions made along the line. The screen test between Shaw and David's head makes the entire movie make a bit more sense, very stupid to change it IMO.

Agreed. It's interesting to see why, but I don't agree with some.

Still cool to see that they did film PG-13 versions. That was cool.

Also, the original ending was great. Shaw stayed perfectly in character. I liked the end, but I did find it off she would be willing to be nice to David. Regardless.

Funnily enough I actually think the HISHE 'ending' would have been pretty good if it was intended to be a prequel. Skip past the usual rubbish at the start.:lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/JLbcZggwVCw[/ame]

hm4SP.jpg

Alot of the deleted scenes were "meh", but after watching the alternate meeting with the Jockey in stasis it makes me wonder how in the hell did they pick the theatrical version? it makes it all the more ludicrous after seeing this one.

Yeah, same here. But I do like Aliens' for one scene. The scene with Ripley and her finding out the fate of her daughter. You don't really need that, but I think it makes the end more powerful.

I can do without the other stuff.

Yeah, same here. But I do like Aliens' for one scene. The scene with Ripley and her finding out the fate of her daughter. You don't really need that, but I think it makes the end more powerful.

I can do without the other stuff.

that scene NEEDED to be in the movie, it completely changes everything :slap

that scene NEEDED to be in the movie, it completely changes everything :slap

Nah.. it had no point. If you're going to set up an emotional element for a character (like the loss of a child) you need to follow through which Aliens doesn't do. She finds out her daughter died and theeeeeennnn.. she's working and going on a mission to LV-426 to kill some Aliens. No grieving period. No signs of that tragedy effecting her in any way. No mention of it ever again. That = pointless.

Not to mention it f's up the pace of the film (like all the other deleted scenes).

They were cool as extras though.

Nah.. it had no point. If you're going to set up an emotional element for a character (like the loss of a child) you need to follow through which Aliens doesn't do. She finds out her daughter died and theeeeeennnn.. she's working and going on a mission to LV-426 to kill some Aliens. No grieving period. No signs of that tragedy effecting her in any way. No mention of it ever again. That = pointless.

It does shine a different light on Ripley's relationship with Newt later in the movie, though. I'd say Cameron followed through with it, but in subtle ways. And even in Alien 3, Clemens asks Ripley if she was her daughter and she hesitates before admitting she wasn't. That scene feels a little more powerful knowing she did have a child at one point.

Not saying the movie wasn't fine without it, the deleted scenes in the extended cut simply added more interesting layers to an already solid film.

Back