Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was black in the movie? I thought it was a bone color. That's why I haven't purchased the NECA figure.

Or gray-blue. See for yourself...

prometheus6.jpg

It's a shiney black. The artbook shows this clearly. It's just incredibly reflective, and they used a lot of lighting.

Finally watched the deleted scenes last night. Like the extended LOTR and Aliens, the "best" version of Prometheus would have included some of the extra scenes, but not all.

The scene with Milburn having a nice encounter with a little slug would have pre-empted complaints about him approaching the cobra so that should have probably left in though it would have been a bit strange to see him so giddy about finding the "first alien" when there are clearly much more advanced aliens (Engineers) about.

I liked the extended conversation between Weyland and Vickers and Shaw's little "F U" moment with David's head at the end.

My wife thought the Engineer speaking should have been left in the movie to cater to laymen like her but I'm not convinced its better. I'm glad they cut out the cat and mouse between Shaw and the Engineer in the lifeboat. Made him much less impressive that she could elude him and hack him up a bit. I liked how in the theatrical cut that when he showed up her ONLY option was to get a bigger alien to help.

Still just an all around awesome movie. Definitely destined to be a classic (as mentioned before the whining is nothing new, Cameron's Aliens certainly endured it for many years) and I'm inclined to say that it's my favorite of the year so far even moreso than the mighty Avengers.

It's a shiney black. The artbook shows this clearly. It's just incredibly reflective, and they used a lot of lighting.
There was a "shiny black" suit in the art book, but I don't think we ever saw that in the movie.

This, from the art book, looks to be the same color as the one the engineer hopped in:

concept037.jpg

Loved seeing this in the Weyland files section.

2012-10-13112943.jpg

Sent from my little pocket-machine using Tapatalk

I found this... It helps explain some of the questions people have with this movie

[ame]https://youtu.be/GpEx7pdp2-Q[/ame]

I'll give that Prometheus explained vid a watch later on perhaps.

Don't expect much.. it's pure crap. It's just more speculation and theory from some asshats that think THEY know the answers. At least they were somewhat honest from the beginning by stating they're merely doing what they're criticizing others for: pretending to have the answers.

Don't expect much.. it's pure crap. It's just more speculation and theory from some asshats that think THEY know the answers. At least they were somewhat honest from the beginning by stating they're merely doing what they're criticizing others for: pretending to have the answers.

You seen it yet mate?

Back