Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridley talks Prometheus Sequel

Source

What made you want to tackle sci-fi again?
I hadn’t done sci-fi for so long and I enjoyed doing it. Plus, when it comes to the Alien world, no one else had addressed the origin question and I thought that was interesting to tackle. Prometheus evolved into a whole other universe. You’ve got a person [Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw] with a head in a bag [ Michael Fassbender’s David] that functions and has an IQ of 350. It can explain to her how to put the head back on the body and she’s gonna think about that long and hard because, once the head is back on his body, he’s dangerous.

So that’s the sequel?
[Laughs] I wish it was that easy. They’re going off to paradise but it could be the most savage, horrible place. Who are the Engineers?

Yeah, same here. But I do like Aliens' for one scene. The scene with Ripley and her finding out the fate of her daughter. You don't really need that, but I think it makes the end more powerful.

I can do without the other stuff.

Unlike Devil I agree, I think it shows why she automatically adopts Newt as one of her own, and it made the bond between them even stronger for me.

75649_10151527118994465_664267344_n.jpg

Unlike Devil I agree, I think it shows why she automatically adopts Newt as one of her own, and it made the bond between them even stronger for me.

Same. I mean the whole Newt thing - that was the follow-through on the SE scenes about the daughter.

Personally I prefer the Aliens SE over the theatrical. Likewise the SE of Alien 3. The DC of the first film.....hmmm, I may prefer the theatrical.

I give not a **** for Alien Resurrection. Its not an Alien film as far as I'm concerned, all versions are crap.

I agree that the scene with Ripley finding out her daughter died makes her connection with Newt more meaningful. No dispute there.

My problem with it is, the complete omission of anything else regarding it AFTER that scene. Put it like this: can you point to any scene after Ripley wakes up on the space station (where she finds out the news) that looks even remotely like she lost her daughter? Because I can't. Because it doesn't exist. It's basically glazed over and jumps to her working in the docks as a loader and having nightmares about the Alien. And then going with the space marines to LV-426.

Back