Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And how exactly are you generating this "general consensus?" The three nitpickers in this thread, only two of which who have actually seen the movie?

General, non-freak consensus. Most reviews for this film, both positive and negative, say the various flaws kept this from being a great film, which the first two were.

76% blu-ray market share compared to 72% for the opening week of THE AVENGERS. Looks like the world isn't filled with nitpickers after all. ;)

It is full of impulse buyers though. :lecture

:slap

The general consensus doesn't speak on my behalf. Just stick to the Naked Gun movies L'il Frankie.

Ok!

attachment.php

General, non-freak consensus. Most reviews for this film, both positive and negative, say the various flaws kept this from being a great film, which the first two were.

It is full of impulse buyers though. :lecture

Ok!

attachment.php

:rotfl Love it! :rotfl

Saw it on a dodgy copy when it came out and hated it.
Just saw it on a better download with the extra footage, woo hoo really worth it (joking).
Hate it more so now, it was a waste of time and had no relevance to the alien universe, but just used the franchise to make a mockery of the original.
Cast were terrible, story was riddiculous, it had no original ideas, just raped old ones.
Sorry to people that like it, but I cannot find anything I like in this film, wish I could as it could have been good.

Cleaning doesn't help at all when you have someone "trolling" a thread just to play victim. Anyone who has seen her in action in other threads knows exactly what I mean.

I'm sorry, but to have a couple dozen posts in a thread about a movie you can't stand, claim will never be canon, etc... is like the fat man going to the same restaurant and writing out a complaint card every day for lunch. The foods not changing, we get it, you don't like the menu, go spend time in threads /restaurants that you like.

No ones arguing with people with negative opinions on the movie, this thread is full of them, the arguments arise from the same self important trolls returning repeatedly and regurgitating the same crap. Again! If its so bad, why do you waste your life r-e-p-e-a-t-e-d-l-y commenting on it. You'll notice 95% of the community (who aren't trolls trying to get internet attention) will say their peace if they dislike a movie/ figure/pf/etc.. and move on. You have a small majority that stick around just to get some attention.

^ Totally agree.

But it definitely has more than a couple dozen posts in this thread. :lol

I think a quick, permanent banning would solve the problem all together instead of mods having to constantly come in here and clean up it's posts.

^ Totally agree.

But it definitely has more than a couple dozen posts in this thread. :lol

I think a quick, permanent banning would solve the problem all together instead of mods having to constantly come in here and clean up it's posts.

I was guesstimating, I was largely gone from the thread awhile until the video became conversational again.

Again! If its so bad, why do you waste your life r-e-p-e-a-t-e-d-l-y commenting on it.

And it was me who got the infraction for breaking the language rules (which I'm sorry for), but yeah, what Lar'ja said.:lecture

You got an infraction? You? Greygoose? Possibly the kindest person on this board? While this big ****** is allowed to troll endlessly?

Funny.

And it was me who got the infraction for breaking the language rules (which I'm sorry for), but yeah, what Lar'ja said.:lecture

A few months ago I got an infraction for posting a gif of something funny that Celtic said. No one was arguing, it was just all in fun. A mod gave Celtic and me both infractions, because my gif had the F- word in it and since it was a gif the word "circumvented" the filters. Celtic's word had been filtered and he got an infraction as well, somehow due to my gif??? :slap

Made me feel like a jerk.

But, then you've got mods who work tirelessly to keep the peace from AdoptedScot to Khev(especially Khev should get a HUGE shoutout cause I've seen him c lean up **** storms that you think there should be ban hammers all around and he still retains his cool :lol ) and sometimes its easy to forget that they are there making **** look good and usually don't even get a thanks for their troubles. But, I really do appreciate those that go the extra mile to keep things clean and issue a reminder when things get heated, rather than just slamming the hammer down.

So, yeah, I definitely see it from both sides, we want moderation when we are frustrated, but we also want heated adult discussion and the mods are stuck in the middle.

Last edited:
Back