Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Negative, its not a planet, just a moon where an engineer vessel had crashed in the original Alien. Thats why they refer to them as "planetoids".

Yes, and the crashed vessel let's say escaped 223 during the outbreak.

Sent from my 10.1

Yes, and the crashed vessel let's say escaped 223 during the outbreak.

Sent from my 10.1

I've seen people argue about this on other boards, but I think regardless of which direction they take it, that makes alot of sense.

Bring on the sequel guys.:rock

tumblr_m85aynT6zw1qm6wolo1_500.jpg

tumblr_matxj74i1E1r9vxsdo1_250.gif

I'd love to see what Ridley could do in creating their home planet. I'd like to see the various Engineers (like in the deleted opening scene) too.

So you think 2000 years went by and no engineers went back to 223?

Sent from my 10.1

I noticed in the documentaries that it was determined that Engineers live about 100,000 years, so the one they woke up after 2,000 years would have been sleeping the equivalent of two human years, which is exactly how long the Prometheus crew slept on their way to LV-223. Kind of cool that they all slumbered about the same amount of time respectively prior to meeting each other.

According to it Weyland had his sights on 426 already.

Which doesn't make any sense because no one else will go to LV-426 for another 29 years after the events in Prometheus. And even then it's not another big budget expedition specifically set to explore there, it'll be the Nostromo aka a towing vessel that just happens to be in the vicinity.

No one even goes to LV-223 after Prometheus.

More plot holes. :slap

:lol

I noticed in the documentaries that it was determined that Engineers live about 100,000 years, so the one they woke up after 2,000 years would have been sleeping the equivalent of two human years, which is exactly how long the Prometheus crew slept on their way to LV-223. Kind of cool that they all slumbered about the same amount of time respectively prior to meeting each other.

Yeah, I thought about that, and totally cool. Its possible that the duo go to 426 and then eventually make it to"Paradise."

Sent from my 10.1

Yeah, I thought about that, and totally cool. Its possible that the duo go to 426 and then eventually make it to"Paradise."

It was also interesting that the script notes indicated that Engineers see great beauty in vastly more spectrums than the human eye can comprehend. They're constantly seeing so many more aspects to the universe than their black, grey, and white color scheme projected and perceived by humans would suggest.

So their planet and what they see as "paradise" could actually be dark and horrifying to human eyes....

It was also interesting that the script notes indicated that Engineers see great beauty in vastly more spetrums that the human eye can comprehend. They're constantly seeing so many more aspects to the universe than their black, grey, and white color scheme projected and perceived by humans would suggest.

So their planet and what they see as "paradise" could actually be dark and horrifying to human eyes....

Were those script notes included with the 3-D set or did you read it online?

They just showed flashes of the script during some of the commentary on the 3D set documentaries. I made sure to pause it at key points to read the pages. :D

Yep! Been dissecting the special features.

Also, love the semi references to Tyrell.

Sent from my 10.1

Back