Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's a "slurper"? :dunno:lol

More power to you if you think Prometheus is the prequel ALIEN deserved.

No big deal...

Last edited:
^^^ for the record I enjoyed the movie overall.

BUT I'm still able to laugh at what I think is relevant humor. :)

likening movies that you don't like: AVPR, for example. :lol

I like AVPR because of Wolf (there I said it :lol) however I accept that the whole thing is one big mess.

As much as people don't like it, Prometheus is a Ridley Alien film deep down so next time you watch Alien think back to Prometheus about how it all started.:wave :lol

I like AVPR because of Wolf (there I said it :lol) however I accept that the whole thing is one big mess.

As much as people don't like it, Prometheus is a Ridley Alien film deep down so next time you watch Alien think back to Prometheus about how it all started.:wave :lol

I haven't seen AVPR... Does that make me a bad fan?

Sent from my 10.1

I noticed in the documentaries that it was determined that Engineers live about 100,000 years, so the one they woke up after 2,000 years would have been sleeping the equivalent of two human years, which is exactly how long the Prometheus crew slept on their way to LV-223. Kind of cool that they all slumbered about the same amount of time respectively prior to meeting each other.

To continue with the notion that 2,000 Engineer years = 2 human years then for the Engineer who woke up it'd be like if the crew of the Prometheus entered hypersleep and then when they arrived at LV-223 David woke the crew with a fully formed T-800 Terminator at his side and said, "Look what I made, now I'm like you so can you make me live forever?"

Crazy.

To continue with the notion that 2,000 Engineer years = 2 human years then for the Engineer who woke up it'd be like if the crew of the Prometheus entered hypersleep and then when they arrived at LV-223 David woke the crew with a fully formed T-800 Terminator at his side and said, "Look what I made, now I'm like you so can you make me live forever?"

Crazy.

Engineer would have been pwned if that had been the case :D

I would've loved it more if they killed the Predator at the end and won. It would've made up for how terrible they treated the Aliens.

The Aliens in Cameron's film often get that label as being cannon fodder - but for cannon fodder they sure did wipe out quite a lot of soldiers in just one battle.

^ Exactly. They were a serious threat. Yes there was a lot, and yes the marines took out a ton, but it wasn't "yawn...aliens...meh". Even when they died, they killed many marines. Drake, Vasquez, Gorman...ect.

The AvP-R aliens just killed homeless people, and children. Woopy doo. They barely posed as a threat to anyone. The Predator stepped on one's face, and it didn't affect him at all. Stupid Predator Fanboy tards.

The Aliens in Cameron's film often get that label as being cannon fodder - but for cannon fodder they sure did wipe out quite a lot of soldiers in just one battle.

So did the aliens in AVPR when they took out the National Guard fleet, they were still cannon fodder though. Luckily the behaviour of the aliens in Aliens set up nicely for the big reveal of the Queen.:rock

Back