Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid Predator Fanboy tards.

:rock

tumblr_m99s2xtKbo1rsw1yf.gif

:rock

So did the aliens in AVPR when they took out the National Guard fleet, they were still cannon fodder though. Luckily the behaviour of the aliens in Aliens set up nicely for the big reveal of the Queen.:rock

They really weren't. And the National Guard put up no fight. Scene was over in 30 seconds.

Plus, the Aliens were killed by CHILDREN. That's so insulting.

So did the aliens in AVPR when they took out the National Guard fleet, they were still cannon fodder though. Luckily the behaviour of the aliens in Aliens set up nicely for the big reveal of the Queen.:rock

I don't like queens or the Queen. Aggggg Alien fanboy here.

Sent from my little pocket-machine using Tapatalk

They really weren't. And the National Guard put up no fight. Scene was over in 30 seconds.

Plus, the Aliens were killed by CHILDREN. That's so insulting.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the use of the aliens in AVPR, they got **** all over.

I know the aliens in Aliens were badass but they still acted as cannon fodder to make the marines look badass and they set up the Queen nicely.

I can understand some people's annoyance at Aliens for making the alien buglike and killable but objectively speaking its not like its inconsistent or unbelievable in any way. And Alien 3 did a good job of making the Alien ''invincible'' again.

I can understand some people's annoyance at Aliens for making the alien buglike and killable but objectively speaking its not like its inconsistent or unbelievable in any way. And Alien 3 did a good job of making the Alien ''invincible'' again.

tumblr_ma1smkhXCV1rsud01.gif

Canon fodder are just nonsensical things that are just there to die from our heroes. The Battle Droids are canon fodder. The Starship Trooper bugs are threats. Ya know what I mean?

I care. Just because the ugly and horribly designed Predalien put up a fight, doesn't make it OK they destroyed the Alien.

Cameron did cheapen them...but it was the logical place to go. He didn't ruin the creature, but he did inspiring people to believe Aliens are just canon fodder, meh who cares, shoot them all, crap.

If you think of Aliens as the continuing story of Ripley rather than the alien - is it all in any way forgiveable?

The story of that film made sense for her character. There was no way she was going to go back to LV-426 at all unless it was under military protection. Hence guns, and thus yes, of course, aliens are going to get shot and killed.

If you think of Aliens as the continuing story of Ripley rather than the alien - is it all in any way forgiveable?

The story of that film made sense for her character. There was no way she was going to go back to LV-426 at all unless it was under military protection. Hence guns, and thus yes, of course, aliens are going to get shot and killed.

Exactly. The AvP films weren't. Hence, a worse offender.

Back