Official Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish it'd worked to keep this guy on order, but too many things coming this year and I can't be irresponsible with my money like I've been the past couple years. I cancelled this right around when the Palpatine bust came out, I have to limit my over $200 purchases and Crumb was the first in a chain of things that'll go, I just recently pulled the trigger to cancel the Aragorn PF and at the moment, Anakin PF isn't far behind. I am working on getting a new job though, so if I can boost my income a bit I can have my cake and eat it too but with my current job I have to start being selective, play time's over. Look forward to seeing how this guy turns out. If I'm lucky, maybe he'll hit second chance and by then I'll have enough rewards points to put a good sized dent in the cost, I've got over $150 worth right now, and I'd be happy using them to get this guy.

I wish it'd worked to keep this guy on order, but too many things coming this year and I can't be irresponsible with my money like I've been the past couple years. I cancelled this right around when the Palpatine bust came out, I have to limit my over $200 purchases and Crumb was the first in a chain of things that'll go, I just recently pulled the trigger to cancel the Aragorn PF and at the moment, Anakin PF isn't far behind. I am working on getting a new job though, so if I can boost my income a bit I can have my cake and eat it too but with my current job I have to start being selective, play time's over. Look forward to seeing how this guy turns out. If I'm lucky, maybe he'll hit second chance and by then I'll have enough rewards points to put a good sized dent in the cost, I've got over $150 worth right now, and I'd be happy using them to get this guy.

Yeah, i have to do alot of cancelations too:monkey2 Not even sure if i can keep Salacious with Emperor bust, Red Skull PF and Hellboy II Samaritan coming this summer along with Luke and Han 12 inch figures.

I really hope I can work him into my collection somehow, I really like how it looks and the concept of having him sitting around somewhere in the house is too cool, but even with what I've axed already this year, i've got $3600 worth of stuff on PO and in a year, I get about $10,000 a year after expenses. That means to save any worthwhile money, I'd have to have no life other than collecting and I like to go out to dinner or the bars with friends and see movies so I gotta cut some stuff out, plust I have 2 bachelor parties and weddings to participate in this year. Thankfully I'm single with no kids or I'd probably be collecting nothing on my income. Though I am lucky I can get what I do now, which is why I've been reckless, enjoy it while you can, but I have to start the transition now.

I just canceled... I came to my senses and asked myself, "Why am I buying this? I've sold most all of the SW PF's and 1:1 busts I had, so why get this?" I didn't have an answer for myself, so... canceled. I hope it goes to a Freak on the Wait List.

I'm sad to read all you guys are canceling. I still think this is THE Sideshow Star Wars piece of 2008 thus far. The $320 shipped (from Dark Shadow) is simply an amazing price for a life-sized Star Wars character. A lot better than $5k+ for the droids, anyway. I think this beats out a PF figure any day... but I guess I'm biased, since the Jabba scene in ROTJ is still my favorite moment in all of Star Wars.

Well, the only reason I gave Crumb the axe was the Palpatine bust, otherwise Crumb would occupy that slot in the budget, but Palpatine is on my to 5 wanted 1:1 busts list and I can't miss out on him.

I just canceled... I came to my senses and asked myself, "Why am I buying this? I've sold most all of the SW PF's and 1:1 busts I had, so why get this?" I didn't have an answer for myself, so... canceled. I hope it goes to a Freak on the Wait List.

Flipper!!!!! :lol

I have canceled yet and don't plan to but we'll see. i wish i had ordered through DSC before they sold out to save some money though.

Flipper!!!!! :lol

Well, if you can call losing money on 90% of the items "flipping", then maybe, but I had owned all of them for quite a while before deciding to drop the Star Wars high-end stuff. The only Star Wars line I kept intact was the 1/6th figures.

I'd love to have this guy... but I honestly Have nowhere to put him. So it'd be just sitting in a box. Although someday I'd like to have one, always liked the little bugger.

I think it'd be fun to find wacky places to display him so when people come over it's a surprise. I figure he'd be a cool end piece on a fire place, depedning on how yours is setup, the fireplace at my house has a marble component that's about a foot out from the fireplace and a foot off the floor so it would work perfectly at my house now.

Just received:

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure (item #2219) from our Star Wars Life-Size Figure Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 20–25 days.

Sideshow Collectibles will be authorizing your credit card on file with us for this item upon its arrival. Please expect to receive another e-mail in approximately 15–20 days, which will notify you about the processing of your order.

I have the notice as well.. Now I'm going to have to find a lace to put him.

I'm thinking of building some sort of pillar for him to sit on...

I hope this guy doesn't skyrocket in value over the next few years... I would really like to have him one day. Just right now I have no place I could display him :monkey2

Back