official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Indy can hold his whip up over his head - which is a pretty awkward accessory to get posed just right. I'm sure ol'Snake Eyes won't have any problem with swords and guns.

I'm just trying to figure out the reason behind the lame aiming poses. The prototype images are what sparks interest with the production images guaranteeing sales to the retailers and helps to have us keep our preorders.

2610_press02-001.jpg
[/IMG]

SEprod1.jpg

So with that said, did somebody actually think those poses looked good?! :google

things that caught my eye:

1. the gear looks awesome
2. the body suit looks like it is a different material
3. the shoulders are way too narrow
4. the cover for g.i. joe #63 just re-affirms that zeck is the freakin' man.

still looks to be a good figure if not as jaw dropping as the initial photos. but im biased...it's se so he automatically has a place on the shelf.

ya know I could swear in the comics Snake Eyes was built like a brick ^^^^house.Braod ,muscular shoulders.Well defined physique.whether he's a ninja or not he is also caucasian and was special forces before he became a ninja.

ya know I could swear in the comics Snake Eyes was built like a brick ^^^^house.Braod ,muscular shoulders.Well defined physique.whether he's a ninja or not he is also caucasian and was special forces before he became a ninja.

totally...

89478-Snake-Eyes.jpg

sorry...

JoeReborn.jpg

always liked that bradstreet picture.

whenever zeck did se on the old school gi joe covers he was always pretty solid but he was never freakish or anything on the inside art. on the the devil's due stuff se looked almost superhero-ish.

I think you are rigth:

2652_2_0004.jpg

9-1.jpg

sc067.jpg

normal_se045.jpg

normal_seyb4.jpg

They should really start selling Truetypes on SSC site. I'd probably order one with every figure.
Seriously though, I'm less worried about the slouchy shoulders, which are a pretty easy mod, as I am the floppy joints. I know a lot of people have gotten some decent poses out of the Pro but my Indy would never be able to hold the action poses I'd want Snake Eyes in.

I'm just trying to figure out the reason behind the lame aiming poses. The prototype images are what sparks interest with the production images guaranteeing sales to the retailers and helps to have us keep our preorders.

2610_press02-001.jpg
[/IMG]

SEprod1.jpg

So with that said, did somebody actually think those poses looked good?! :google

For someone that defends sideshow tooth and nail, you sure don't know much about them. Every figure sideshow has produced had their picture taken with horrible a horrible pose and lighting.

As for the muscled boundness, every dude in comic books is ripped to the hill and wearing tight ass clothes. That doesn't translate to 1/6 well. He is a soldier, a commando and should have a athletic build. If he looks weak to you, slap him on a TT.

As for the muscled boundness, every dude in comic books is ripped to the hill and wearing tight ass clothes. That doesn't translate to 1/6 well. He is a soldier, a commando and should have a athletic build. If he looks weak to you, slap him on a TT.

a figure this overpriced should NEVER require a body swap. EVER.

Sideshow didnt fail at making a kick ass Snake Eyes, they failed at make a new kick ass base body.

:lecture

Sadly, Snake Eyes is a victim of a bad base body.

That can be said about a lot of things. To sideshow the body looks fine. I think the body looks fine. I'm sure most of the people that orded him and have better things to do than talk about toys on a forum think the body looks fine haha.

Sideshow didnt fail at making a kick ass Snake Eyes, they failed at make a new kick ass base body.

:lecture

Sadly, Snake Eyes is a victim of a bad base body.

I agree, but I also think that the problem is more evident with Snake-Eyes because of his lycra-like shirt, Cobra Commander on the other hand should look better, specially with his trench coat on.

Watch how all this crap about his skinny shoulders go away once he is release.
Snake Eyes is a ninja. His build is that of a gymnastic. Athletic build but very small frame. Just picture Snake Eyes as one of the warriors from the old 80's kung-fu flicks.

Do anybody remember Quick-Kick?

For someone that defends sideshow tooth and nail, you sure don't know much about them. Every figure sideshow has produced had their picture taken with horrible a horrible pose and lighting.

I guess it just never fails to amaze me that such an important aspect would be overlooked. I've seen several images across their liness that don't cast their figures in appealing poses. You think this one would be different, however, especially after they sorta went against the grain with the Indy photos, because like Indy, not only is it a launch piece, but posing it differently would also emphasize that they're fixing the "loose" issues with the pro. Additionally, being avid airsofters (some of them), they should have a handle on the proper ways of how to aim a weapon and what looks good and what doesn't.

never thought the bodyglove was neoprene. it's allways looked like spandex to me. anyways, provided his suit is removeable, and i'm sure it will be, just get a skintight sirt from somewhere like Triad tos, and put it on him to bulk him up a bit. medicom did this with the legs on comic wolverine, and it works just fine.

That would be a great fix....but as usual, the point with SS products is after dropping $110+ you hope you don't have to purchase a $30 wetsuit to make him look high-end.

Watch how all this crap about his skinny shoulders go away once he is release.
Snake Eyes is a ninja. His build is that of a gymnastic. Athletic build but very small frame. Just picture Snake Eyes as one of the warriors from the old 80's kung-fu flicks.

Do anybody remember Quick-Kick?

Will you stop that? Snake-Eyes is more of an elite combat commando than a Ninja (which was just a contrived addition to the character added later on to cash-in on the mid-80's Ninja craze). Soldiers (especially elite commandos) are not built like 12 year olds.

That said, I'm thinking this figure will look fine with some futzing. But Sideshow certainly hasn't learned how to properly futz, pose and photograph some of their product. :duh

Back