official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visor is the same, just has a differnt paint wash on it.

Lol, chicken littles indeed. Bunch of whiney brats, like the rest of this board has become.

If the visor is the same maybe his head is smaller now:

2610_press06-001.jpg
2610press26001ye4.jpg

Doesnt look that much different to me, futzing will make a difference.
Chicken little is officailly in the G I Joe section :duh

I agree... The mask just needs some drybrush work and it's fine. The lighting is different it seems, or the material is slightly different... but I expected that to happen. Really, I think it looks perfectly fine.

I think maybe the shoulders are just throwing off the proportions a little now, and makes his head/visor seem a bit bigger to me. I can see now with the photos side by side that the visor is still the same. Either way, I am not going to jump ship on this one, I have been waiting too many years for this figure. I am sure he will look awesome in person. :peace

I doubt it would go much past a dozen or so figures at any rate. 1/6 lines aren't like 4" toys, they're not gonna go 50 figures deep.

Tell that to Star Wars...

The shoulders do look a little thin - but he's got so much gear on him, it's throwing the proportions off. Perhaps some '80s style shoulder pads?

Last edited:
LOOKS TOO SKINNY..WHY CANT SIDESHOW PUT A MUSCULAR BODY UNDER IT LIKE HOT TOYS...:rolleyes:

2610_press06-001.jpg

I don't think I'd want him on the muscular body. It looks cool...there endeth the coolness. You can't get any decent poses out of it without busting the joints to pieces (my first Rambo suffered that fate - didn't come with the little articulation warning :( ).

However, that said, dear lord I certainly hope that ***** "pistol-aiming" pose is Sideshow's photographer not knowing how to aim a gun properly and not an issue of weak-assed pro shoulders unable to support the weight of a pistol at full extend. If that's the case we won't even be able to pull off any cool sword poses, let alone have him holding his UZI the way he should. Who the hell aims like that anyway?! :huh Christ, he looks like Danny DeVito's Martin aiming the Desert Eagle at the end of Get Shorty. :lol That said, I really don't see much of a difference between the two other than that the production shots seem to be hastily prepped vs. the proto shots which look like they took a lot of tender loving care to pose.

For those that want more upper body mass, you could possibly swap out the Pro body for a Hot Toys True Type body (depending if the body suit comes off). The broader shoulders and tighter joints of the TT should help the overall proportions.

I know it adds to the cost to an already expensive figure, but it's another option.

Star Wars is its own unique animal thanks to the completists and diehards who will buy just about anything.

That stupid "learn to use the force" fan/ping pong ball toy is proof of that! :rotfl Any idiot who buys that thing to try should be a candidate for legal sterilization. :p

looks like the same damn figure to me. guess i dont see what everybody else sees. the proto just had better photography and more futzing. the sky doesn't fall over ol' Craw here. the only thing i'm worried about is how that pro body is gonna be.

What's bothering me a bit about it is that his chin seems to disappear. I think it's the suit bunching up around the chest and neck area--it doesn't look as tight fitting and tailored as the proto. It may just be the poor angle of some of the pics.

Still looks good though. I had to cancel him a couple of months back in favor of the Indy line. I'll see how my expenses go this year and I may pick him up through an e-tailer.

What's bothering me a bit about it is that his chin seems to disappear. I think it's the suit bunching up around the chest and neck area--it doesn't look as tight fitting and tailored as the proto. It may just be the poor angle of some of the pics.

Still looks good though. I had to cancel him a couple of months back in favor of the Indy line. I'll see how my expenses go this year and I may pick him up through an e-tailer.

I think it's just the angle on some of the pics, in this one the chin looks well defined.

2610_press03-001.jpg

I think may be making him look off is his pants and gear are up to high on his waist on the new pics. Futzing will salve it no prob. And some of his gear is not located in the same place in the production pics as in the proto. You can see from the pics from behind his gear is way to high in the production pics, almost up to his arm pits.
SnakeEyesFullBody.jpg

SnakeEyesBack.jpg

SnakeEyesVisor.jpg

Thanks for the comparison shots, King. I agree that messing with the uniform elements will solve a lot of these issues. I have to agree with some others though, that the shoulders look a little scrawny. That could just be poor photography, though as it seems the production photo shoot is of a much lower quality than the proto photo shoot. Once in hand, I can fix whatever I need to with him but I'd rather not have to.

Well if you have Indy, you know that the shoulders on the pro are too sloped, so that may be unavoidable.

Back