official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave takes awesome shots. But the thin arm complaints are still valid. Is it an epic fail? No. Is it perfect? No.

https://cooltoyreview.com/SSC_GIJoe_snakeeyes.asp
ChickenLittle_300x298.jpg

https://cooltoyreview.com/SSC_GIJoe_snakeeyes.asp

nelson_ha_ha.jpg
:cool:

Because this pose, especially, is the epitome of badass, right? :rolleyes:

45.jpg

The only chicken little is the one in the pic above doing the chicken dance with his scrawny little monkey arms and that bobblehead. :lol That pose emphasizes the shoulder issue and literally certifies the need for the sweater IMO.

The way that the hood comes down and meets the shoulders of the shirt bothers me also. It doesn't show the head outline from the neck very well.

That's what I keep focusing on too. It just doesn't look right. It almost looks like his head is on backwards because the slope of the shoulders to the neck and head looks more like it would from someone's back of neck and shoulders. Did that make sense?

From some poses/angles he looks like a 10 year old kid playing ninja and from some he looks like a full on badass ninja commando.

10 year old kid:

43.jpg

Badass Ninja Commando:

42.jpg

I think a lot of it is in the way the neck and shoulders are futzed. I think he looks pretty good. I've canceled my order, but I'm setting back $120 in case I decide to get him when he releases. Still up in the air on that right now.

I like how there is a slot for his silencer in his holster. Very cool.

30.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind how the pro looks in skintight clothing. It's fine to me. but, if once i get him, If it really really bothers me, I'll snag a Hot toys dutch body later on and swap him over to it.

but I'd sat the likelyhood of that happening is very very small.

Adding this link FYI if anyone cares. This is the V23 SE from the Valor Vs. Venom line. This had to be a heavy influence on SS's version. I consider it the best version of SE up until 25th Anniversary. He even has the punch dagger and boot knife. A great figure.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/05/snakeeyes23.shtml

That's a very nice snake eyes version, but my personal favorite is version 14:

snakeeyes14.jpg

double pistol hostlers, shin and forearm protectors, grenades, a knife on his back, body armor, several pouches..... the pro or any other body wouldn't look skinny with that outfit.:naughty

That's a very nice snake eyes version, but my personal favorite is version 14:

snakeeyes14.jpg

double pistol hostlers, shin and forearm protectors, grenades, a knife on his back, body armor, several pouches..... the pro or any other body wouldn't look skinny with that outfit.:naughty

Yes, also a very cool version.

i like this line for more of the box art work and the G I Joe ... the figures and the things i think of as a kids mean more

The only thing I don't like about v14 is the visor, everything else is great! Other than S6 v1, he's the SE that gets taken out and played with the most in my house, both by my sons and me :)

Cheers,
Doug

just figured i'd add this. People in the horror section are already getting the priest, and the word is the prometheus body is no longer loose jointed. all nice and stiff joints :)

just figured i'd add this. People in the horror section are already getting the priest, and the word is the prometheus body is no longer loose jointed. all nice and stiff joints :)

This is great news, Belloq is my next prometheus figure before Snake Eyes so if the body is tighter i may switch his and Indys that way i have a tight bodied indy and i don't really mind a looser Belloq.

Back