official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Volks Neo Guy is an awesome body (I've got 3), but it's pretty damn loose and the joints pull out just about any time I move it at all.

I like so much, its hard to really stack it.

LOTR and GI Joe is probably on the same level as far as licenses go, but I've got 100s of 12" figures and only 1 PF (Lurtz).

What its starting to boil down to is "bang for the buck". Aragorn I can pick up now at a depreciated price. And 12" figures prices keep escalating.

I saw an Aragorn at $250 shipped, so he seems to have more of the "value" factor.

I could probably pick up the Joe line 6-12 months at 25% off.

What Joe has to offer is that I own virtually no Joe stuff right no, whereas I have every LOTR 12". So its got the "new" factor.

I like so much, its hard to really stack it.

LOTR and GI Joe is probably on the same level as far as licenses go, but I've got 100s of 12" figures and only 1 PF (Lurtz).

What its starting to boil down to is "bang for the buck". Aragorn I can pick up now at a depreciated price. And 12" figures prices keep escalating.

I saw an Aragorn at $250 shipped, so he seems to have more of the "value" factor.

I could probably pick up the Joe line 6-12 months at 25% off.

What Joe has to offer is that I own virtually no Joe stuff right no, whereas I have every LOTR 12". So its got the "new" factor.

So how goes that "picking Indy PF up at less than $200 shipped" philosophy working out? :p

So how goes that "picking Indy PF up at less than $200 shipped" philosophy working out? :p

Has it been the 6 months to a year yet? :p

I haven't been tracking its price, but I seem to remember about 50% of the people being disatified with his skin complexion, so I think I have a very good chance at nailing it for $200.

As I said, I've seen Aragorn crashing downwards to more than $50 below retail, its not unlikely that Indy will do the same. Indy PF is still available at SSC for retail, soon it will be Gift Cardable I'm sure.

So yeah, the philosophy looks good at this point.

Has it been the 6 months to a year yet? :p

I haven't been tracking its price, but I seem to remember about 50% of the people being disatified with his skin complexion, so I think I have a very good chance at nailing it for $200.

As I said, I've seen Aragorn crashing downwards to more than $50 below retail, its not unlikely that Indy will do the same. Indy PF is still available at SSC for retail, soon it will be Gift Cardable I'm sure.

So yeah, the philosophy looks good at this point.

Comparing Aragorn and his wonky likeness to Indy is apples and oranges. Even Boba is about $250 right now (but he's rotocast). Indy's in a category all his own, so I'd say only if you win one. ;) Generally those that were dissatisfied with the complexion were getting repaints and not getting rid of the statues in general. So I think he's fairly safe resting above the "below $200" mark. As for the Joes, I'll wait to comment about it until we see if any (Ex/Reg) are left for In Stock ordering once Snake ships. Personally, I'd rather be able to nab him at cost while the getting's good than wait and hope with only the solace that it saved me some cash should he be unattainable for less later.

Its not so much that I'm trying to maximize expendible income. For me its really about maintaining the integrity of my budget.

Yeah, I can break my budget and buy both Aragorn and Snake Eyes if I wanted without becoming destitute. But the point of the budget is to limit what I spend so that I can build a savings account for future things that may come up and/or comfortable retirement.

I can live with or without any of these figures, so if I'm wrong and the figures go up in price instead of down, its not really a big deal to be without them.

But in general, SSC 12" product goes down in value so I doubt I'd ever have to pay more than $120 for a Snake Eyes.

Its not so much that I'm trying to maximize expendible income. For me its really about maintaining the integrity of my budget.

Yeah, I can break my budget and buy both Aragorn and Snake Eyes if I wanted without becoming destitute. But the point of the budget is to limit what I spend so that I can build a savings account for future things that may come up and/or comfortable retirement.

I can live with or without any of these figures, so if I'm wrong and the figures go up in price instead of down, its not really a big deal to be without them.

But in general, SSC 12" product goes down in value so I doubt I'd ever have to pay more than $120 for a Snake Eyes.

I entirely understand. While I don't have budgetary issues, I'm starting to have space issues so had to figure out what goes better with what and that took a bit of juggling. Since my office is zombies and military, I scrapped my BR Joker and Two-Face for the Joes. I'd rather have figures I can display without an ADD appearance, than ones left to just rot in the box.

Yeah, that is another reason. I was recently reshelving my office and would kinda prefer, at this time, to fill the shelf that has the Lurtz PF than start a new shelf with Joes. Also, at this time, I don't really have any good background, dio ideas for Joes.

Just dropped SE. I still have CC on order incase my stance changes by then.

Didn't want to create a new thread, but I got to finishing a pretty basic kitbash of Flint tonight (the first 1/6 kitbash I've attempted, and he still needs suspenders of some type and a regular belt), and I'm pleased with him. Of course, now I will feel even more compelled to pick up the Sideshow Joes :(

You guys and everyone here that is up in arms about the snake eyes body. I think there is a viable solution to this in the original prototype pics it is obvious that it is not the promethus body. I have a strong hunch they used the armor body under neath the ATOC general kenobi has the waist are a very close match and the triple jointed torso can be seen slighly thru the original proto fabric. I wish i knew what fabric they used!!!!! originally

thanks

spekerol

You guys and everyone here that is up in arms about the snake eyes body. I think there is a viable solution to this in the original prototype pics it is obvious that it is not the promethus body. I have a strong hunch they used the armor body under neath the ATOC general kenobi has the waist are a very close match and the triple jointed torso can be seen slighly thru the original proto fabric. I wish i knew what fabric they used!!!!! originally

thanks

spekerol

no, beleive it or not it is the pro body under all that, they would be REQUIRED BY LAW to tell us if it were not the case, as it would constitue false advertising, and hence , illegal. it just proves that properly futz , he can look incredable.

also, if you look, the pro has the triple jointed torso
nekidbodiespt8.jpg

Back