official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just figured i'd add this. People in the horror section are already getting the priest, and the word is the prometheus body is no longer loose jointed. all nice and stiff joints :)

Good news. When SS starts selling pro's on their site I may pick one up to replace Indy's.

Everybody who has seen/handled this fig in person has done nothing but rave about it. Now that we have our 20 day notice for the Ex. The anticipation builds...

Not only is EvilFace correct, but Sideshow has openly stated that they will not be selling the Prometheus bodies loose.

when was this? In the last Q&A the only thing i heard about this specific question was that while there were no immediate plans to sell the pro by itself, they were a company, and as such, in the buisness of making money. And if they felt there was sufficent profit to be made by selling the pro by itself, they would do it. that Came from Scott Klauder Druing one of his spooktacular Q& A sessions. when did they decide it was not profitable?

that D.Martin guy got the SE figure already for his Cool Toy Review and said that it is not loose. cant wait for this guy now. hopefully this line puts out a lot of great figures.

when was this? In the last Q&A the only thing i heard about this specific question was that while there were no immediate plans to sell the pro by itself, they were a company, and as such, in the buisness of making money. And if they felt there was sufficent profit to be made by selling the pro by itself, they would do it. that Came from Scott Klauder Druing one of his spooktacular Q& A sessions. when did they decide it was not profitable?

Ask Sideshow:

Q: Will there be a Prometheus-type female body created at Sideshow as well? With the great announcement of G.I. Joe will those figures be utilizing the new Prometheus body type? Also will the Prometheus body type be cast in multiple colors, such as the Art S. Buck style was Black & White? And will it ever be able to be purchased as a nude, stand-alone figure?

A: There are currently no plans for a new female body platform, but it is something that is discussed periodically at Sideshow. The male Prometheus body will be cast in multiple colors, as dictated by the needs of the character it is used for, but there are currently no plans to release the nude Prometheus body as a stand-alone product. The same goes for the new Trooper body, as well as the ‘Hobbit’ body. We evaluate each figure as it goes into production to decide which body type will be used.
here's the link: Your May Fantacular 2008 Questions Answered - 05/13/08

And let's be honest, it wouldn't really be the first time Sideshow's made questionable decisions. A 1:6 Daniel Craig as Bond would be a good start (there's still the DVD release if they hurry), as would timely releases let alone villains for LOTR's dead 1:6 line, they let the 1:6 New Line Horror license go, made umpteen The Dead variants, some of which are (pun intended) still rotting on the website, thought Dinosauria would be an instant HIT! :lol, phasing out their 1:6 lines, etc., etc...

damn. Well, that officialy sucks hard.
Bah, it's not like buck bodies are hard to find on the interwebs, so given some time, the same will be true of the pro body.

damn. Well, that officialy sucks hard.
Bah, it's not like buck bodies are hard to find on the interwebs, so given some time, the same will be true of the pro body.

I found it equally disappointing. I'm sure many of us were hoping to swap several (if not all) of our figures to the Pro for line consistency and all around better poseability. Add to that the immeasurable amount of customs which could've been done with the Hobbit and Armored bodies as well... :(

They may eventually sell the bodies loose, especially if one day they completely retire the buck and no longer sell the buck loose.

I got my Harbinger figure this week (also on the Pro) and the body was good to go. No loose joints, posed well... so hopeful (with the report of early revies) that Sideshow turned it around in time.

i still plan to swap all my ol sideshow figures to truetypes and pro bodys respecfullt, dependnt of the character. for example, every luke I've got is going on a Pro.

as far as sideshow female figures go, i guess we could use the new triad Eva body.

Back