official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, beleive it or not it is the pro body under all that, they would be REQUIRED BY LAW to tell us if it were not the case, as it would constitue false advertising, and hence , illegal. it just proves that properly futz , he can look incredable.

they aren't required to tell us...

sideshow quite often shows prototypes that bear little resemblance to the final product...

and many manufacturers change out products quite often even during the runs of a figure...

in fact they already lied about the body when they said he would have his tattoo...

You guys and everyone here that is up in arms about the snake eyes body. I think there is a viable solution to this in the original prototype pics it is obvious that it is not the promethus body. I have a strong hunch they used the armor body under neath the ATOC general kenobi has the waist are a very close match and the triple jointed torso can be seen slighly thru the original proto fabric. I wish i knew what fabric they used!!!!! originally

thanks

spekerol

it's definitely not the armor body...

but i'm also not entirely sure it's the pro either...

they aren't required to tell us...

sideshow quite often shows prototypes that bear little resemblance to the final product...

and many manufacturers change out products quite often even during the runs of a figure...

in fact they already lied about the body when they said he would have his tattoo...

It's the difference between showing pics of a prototype and a production sample. I'm certain there's a prototype disclaimer somewhere on the product pages stating potential discrepancies between prototypes and finished products. If the figure had a different body with the production sample, it would've been a different story as that would've been false advertising.

It's the difference between showing pics of a prototype and a production sample. I'm certain there's a prototype disclaimer somewhere on the product pages stating potential discrepancies between prototypes and finished products. If the figure had a different body with the production sample, it would've been a different story as that would've been false advertising.

exactly....

but companies even manage to get away with that sort of thing too by simply calling it a "running production change"...

or by not advertizing the body type as a selling point...

exactly....

but companies even manage to get away with that sort of thing too by simply calling it a "running production change"...

or by not advertizing the body type as a selling point...

If that's ever the case, I'm sure you can get your money back. Even PayPal has the "Product not as advertised" in their dispute options.

If that's ever the case, I'm sure you can get your money back. Even PayPal has the "Product not as advertised" in their dispute options.

yeah but giving you your money back is pretty much the extent of their liability and most people won't bother with the hassle to try... that's why these companies feel free to do this sort of stuff...

that's th thing though, then the original pics were posted, it listed the Pro as the body, with those pictures of the figure present. it's the same body then as it is now, if anything is different, it's the shirt.

Nam's right, they can change things thanks to the " prototype disclaimer" but they CAN'T Say the picture shows us the pro body if it dosn't.

i just always wait for in hand reviews before buying anything...

saves me a TON...

because generally i find that i've either lost interest or the item wasn't worth the price...

It's hard to believe most if it. One man's trash is another's treasure (Medi's Maul is a prime example). Plus, how do you know it's legit? There was a YouTube vid of Indy where the guy was shaking the pro and the limbs were flipping around like a marionette. I really think he modified it because from the many I've seen first hand, none were that floppy.

It's hard to believe most if it. One man's trash is another's treasure (Medi's Maul is a prime example). Plus, how do you know it's legit? There was a YouTube vid of Indy where the guy was shaking the pro and the limbs were flipping around like a marionette. I really think he modified it because from the many I've seen first hand, none were that floppy.

Actualy...mine was. but i fixed him with generous application of super-glue

I've decided to get this through BBTS. CTR's shots showed that properly futzed and posed this figure does look pretty decent.

The body used for the prototype pics is not the prometheus, I challenge any of you to make your snake eyes look like this on a pro:

snake_eyes_14.jpg

Last edited:
The body used for the prototype pics is not the prometheus, I challenge of you to make your snake eyes look like this on a pro:

snake_eyes_14.jpg

So if thats the case...doesnt that Make it false advertising?? and getting something different of the actual product

So if thats the case...doesnt that Make it false advertising?? and getting something different of the actual product

Maybe that's why they changed the pics.

I'm almost sure he was on a True Type, look how similar the arms and shoulders look in the body swap pics that monkey depot published:

2610k.jpg

snake_eyes_14.jpg

Not really. You haven't been charged, you can see what it comes with now and you can cancel the item at any time.

The body used for the prototype pics is not the prometheus, I challenge any of you to make your snake eyes look like this on a pro:

snake_eyes_14.jpg

It's the Pro alright.
When they post images of a new figure for preorder, it's always a prototype, not a production figure. That means not only are they meticulously hand painted but they also have to shrink and recast the head and accessories to approximate what the production will look like. Heads, hands, and I'm sure accessories have to be sculpted slightly larger and these are shipped to China so they can make the production steal molds, when the plastic cast from these molds cools, they shrink down to the right size.
But when Sideshow solicits their figures, they don't have the molds ready. So they have to shrink down the parts themselves in California and make the prototypes.
I'm sure the issue here is that the Production Snake Eyes head and visor didn't shrink down as much as they would've liked or predicted.

snake_eyes_14.jpg

Actually, though we all wondered about this PAGES ago :)lol), the more I look at that pic, the more I see the Pro. The shoulder cover between the torso and shoulder, the weird midsection of the Pro and especially around the elbows. Even the head looks quite similar. I think the difference is that this figure has been immaculately futzed and photos taken to show it's strengths. Unfortunately, the production photos just showed its weaknesses. In hand pics from other reviewers have proven this.

snake_eyes_14.jpg

it's a pro. look at the shape of the abdomen separation. also, i'll be happy o make mine look like that when i get him in hand.

Back