official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine yesterday and I would give it about a 9/10. The accessories definitely make this figure. The only trouble is that I can't seem to get all the magazines in the pouches and I'm still trying to work them a little bit looser.....

yeah i know sideshow is sending me a new harness! the clip thingy magiggys are tight, the figure really deserves alot of credit, it is the futzzing of the black top, use some fabric tac adhesive spray it on the body lightly around shoulders and neck, heck i used tooth floss to tighten joints, also i added the black body suit from the sideshow storm trooper to bulk him up a bit or use black threading tape around biceps and arms and a little on chest . you might want to remove face mask, place it higher and sand it down a bit along with a good paint and wash of softer dark colors and then flat coat it with dull coat. By then it should resemble the face mask in proto type pictures.

im posting this in this thread too! (complete disapointment)

I am officially bowing out of collecting Sideshow G.I.Joe....as I opened my exclusive today and found myself more dissapointed than happy.

1.As feared, the joints are not that tight and the left leg is slighty loose
2.Missing the Fantasy Sword when I opened it (thanks alot Sideshow)
3.the Magazines do not fit or are practicully impossible to get in their homes (no I should not have to trim the mags just to get the dang things in)
4. Why cant he hold his Uzi straight???
5. Its definitely not worth $120

Initially looking at the piece, I thought very cool...but after futzing with him and missing an essential piece and the price.....2 thumbs down

Wow, who would have thunk that you would not like the figure. Box him up and put him on ebay for someone to enjoy.

Wow, who would have thunk that you would not like the figure. Box him up and put him on ebay for someone to enjoy.

I would agree...as the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure (although this is definitely not trash IMO). Or simply send it back to SS citing your concerns and missing pieces and someone else's WL could get converted when they fix the issues and include the missing piece.

Last edited:

who would want the figure missing the fantasy sword and cant get the magazines in the wasteful harness???

I like the figure,but its dissapointing at the same time and overrated...for the money...everything should go smoothly?

I am glad your happy about your figure, but I am not about mine

Sideshow will send you a replacement sword... I would definitely contact them. And for the harness... take it off, much easier to get the magazines in there after you do it. I've got them all in with minimal effort.

That's a bummer teemu. I can't say that it surprises me too much though because SS has been really falling behind in the 1:6 department lately but Snakes seemed to be a winner based on the photos and other comments I've been seeing.

At least the majority so far have been happy with him.

i like mine. i didn't have any problems with the pouches but i took everything off before i messed with the magazines. i don;t think he is an a+ figure as i have some gripes with him (the body is a little on the loose side and a little scrawny, tunic/shirt looks cheap and rides up like crazy, left forearm comes off too easily) but i am glad i picked him up. as far as price and 'worth' or 'value' goes idk. 1/6th scale prices from every company are shooting up like crazy. it basically boils down to i'm happy i bought him and i don't feel like i threw away my money.

Temu, You got to take the Harness off to get the mags in the pouches. atleast the first time, it also takes a little pulling ehre and there in the event the get stuck, hoever, once you've had them in there for a while, and the shape gets streached properly, they slide in and out eaisly, no fileing nor modding to the mags nessacary.

And for the record, with the pouches being as tight as they are, THEY LOOK FANTASTIC when you get the mags in there.

I gotta wait till thursday!!! :crying

Where are all the folks that picked up the whooly pully and goggles? I wanna see some conversions!!!!:D

Last edited:
I got mine a few days ago...Here is some pics with my crappy camera & crappy lighting...Sorry.
DSC09197.jpg

DSC09200.jpg

DSC09216.jpg

DSC09205.jpg

DSC09222.jpg

Dude's the figure is good to go, what if the prototype came out exactly as pictured and then the body was loose like the indiana jones figure. People always have to complain about this or that. I hve modded mine and even bought a second and i am thinking about buying a third to stock up, who else is making 1/6th snakes who????? NO ONE. So enjoy him or sell him, if you do not want him ill buy him just the way he is teemu how much do you want for him?

figure is really one of sideshows best. only a few flaws that can hopefully be fixed by future releases.

i think this has been mentioned before, but the knee pads are removeable too. they are held on with velcro. it pretty much makes the outfit and accessories 100% funtionable.

Got mine on Thursday, but didn't have a chance to photograph it until today. This has to be the best figure Sideshow has put out to date when you consider the detail and accessories. Any concerns about the new bodies being loose are put to rest with this figure; it not only holds poses well, it can hold them without a stand. With the upcoming Cobra figures and sneak preview of the RECON at Waypoint 12 environment, the G.I. Joe license looks really promising!

Based on the pose in the artwork of the 1985 figure (sans Timber)
3377554155_959d35f80d_b.jpg

Yo Joe!
3378371374_61912b1366_b.jpg

3378370896_e638333819_b.jpg

3378370446_e1f8fbfe1f_b.jpg

And there are a few more on Flickr

Back