official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you order this as well Coco? So far EF and I are getting ours on the same day (5/17)... since the world is all topsy-turvy now, maybe you'll get yours first.

I just picked Snake eyes up from my local store and I have to say I am VERY impressed with him, much more than I was with Indy. The joints are all pretty tight, although swiveling the elbows side to side is a little difficult since it feels stuck and I don't want to break anything. So here's one report of a tighter Pro body.

My only complaint so far is that his visor was glued on a little crooked, the left side is glued a little lower than his right, but I didn't even notice until I looked at it dead-on.

Here are my 2 cents. I opened my SE during my break and I futz around with the figure for a about 15 minutes. I have mixed feelings about this figure. First off the joints on mine are a little loose but not enough were he cant hold a pose, the arm joint were nice and tight, but the hip and leg ones are kind of weak. The visor on mine came detached. Since its just attached with glue on the nose and the ears, the one on the nose unglued. The visor has an indentation were the nose fits in, so even though you can move the visor up and down the visor would stick out because of the nose. Also, the mask was crooked on mine, fortunately I was able to fix it once I removed the glue from the cloth which was glued on to the nose. The gear as everyone pointed out, is fantastic. What hurts the figure overall is the pro body. The shoulders are too small and because the skin suit has no definition with the neck ( its attached by the neck with glue) it makes it look worse. I think this could be a fantastic figure with a little modification.

Just got my snake eyes today! I will open it later and post some pictures. Here's this one for now:

snakeeyes.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my 2 cents. I opened my SE during my break and I futz around with the figure for a about 15 minutes. I have mixed feelings about this figure. First off the joints on mine are a little loose but not enough were he cant hold a pose, the arm joint were nice and tight, but the hip and leg ones are kind of weak. The visor on mine came detached. Since its just attached with glue on the nose and the ears, the one on the nose unglued. The visor has an indentation were the nose fits in, so even though you can move the visor up and down the visor would stick out because of the nose. Also, the mask was crooked on mine, fortunately I was able to fix it once I removed the glue from the cloth which was glued on to the nose. The gear as everyone pointed out, is fantastic. What hurts the figure overall is the pro body. The shoulders are too small and because the skin suit has no definition with the neck ( its attached by the neck with glue) it makes it look worse. I think this could be a fantastic figure with a little modification.

I TAKE IT ALL BACK. This figure is great. I dont know what happened over night but the joints on the figure got a little tighter (Wel, enough that it was noticeable). After I put on all the gear and futz with him a little more, the more I liked the figure. Ill post pictures on the photo thread in a while. I have to go to the store and get batteries for my camera.

I TAKE IT ALL BACK. This figure is great. I dont know what happened over night but the joints on the figure got a little tighter (Wel, enough that it was noticeable). After I put on all the gear and futz with him a little more, the more I liked the figure. Ill post pictures on the photo thread in a while. I have to go to the store and get batteries for my camera.

I actually was wondering about this with a post in the Stormtrooper thread, wondering if it was heat/cold expansion and contraction during shipping, having gone from a warm warehouse to the cold bowels of a cargo ship, then into a warm home for display. Just a thought... :huh

After cancellations and all that, anybody think SE EX will go second chance?

I think so. I called Sideshow to get a return notice and they didn't act like it was sold out. I will be sending mine back for replacement today because the torso came apart (and I was so happy with the joints).:(

Dudes I thought I would hate this figure.......it is INCREDIBLE!!!! I added tooth floss with wax to tighten most loose joints, and also took the black stretchy under suit from a stormtrooper and out on snake eyes bare body first and then I added regular suit and gear to bulk him up a bit, Wow what a difference, I may need to send him back due to the fact the hands pop off, the clip holders have slightly torn because of trying to get in
Ammo clips into to holes where ammo goes. And some other odd stuff but over all I was totally cool

Back