official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People who have 'The Dead' Harbinger report that the joints are fine, in this thread at least they have reported no problems.

People who have 'The Dead' Harbinger report that the joints are fine, in this thread at least they have reported no problems.

The Dead figures are on the Buck body and not the Pro as far as I know. That's why there aren't any reports of loose joints.

EDIT: Scratch that. The Harbinger is on the Pro. (I don't buy those so I had no idea)

Hi!

Ok.My Prometheus body joints were fine.....Except the Hip Joints (very loose),And For me these are the most important joints for an 1/6 figure because if these joints are loose the figure loses stability,balance and could not put the figure in any position I wanted without the base..Therefore the body swap is justified besides the Hottoys True-Type body looks much more natural and realistic than this prometheus crap.

If the hip joints were not very loosen I did not attempted the body swap..But seeing and comparing now the results I do not regret at all and I.m completely satisfied :D

Hi!

Ok.My Prometheus body joints were fine.....Except the Hip Joints (very loose),And For me these are the most important joints for an 1/6 figure because if these joints are loose the figure loses stability,balance and could not put the figure in any position I wanted without the base..Therefore the body swap is justified besides the Hottoys True-Type body looks much more natural and realistic than this prometheus crap.

If the hip joints were not very loosen I did not attempted the body swap..But seeing and comparing now the results I do not regret at all and I.m completely satisfied :D

So you recommend the Snake Eyes figure?

Yes..Of course,This is a great and faithful representation of one of the most charismatic Joes.But if your Snake eyes hip joints were "loose" (like mine:banghead) I recommend a body swap ASAP.

Assuming you can live with the Ethiopian skinniness and orangutan arms. Personally, I'd rather my figure have loose hips. They're easily tightened.

Well, I just got in 3 TT, so if need be I can swap. But that would be a kick in the nuts... the Pro on my Harbinger figure was fine, so fingers crossed.

Assuming you can live with the Ethiopian skinniness and orangutan arms. Personally, I'd rather my figure have loose hips. They're easily tightened.

I made the body swap but swaping the Prometheus legs too.Besides My true-Type has diferent and biger chest part than showed in this tutorial (Caucasian true-ype edition).Therefore he dos,nt look skinny (Ethippian )and he has not orangutan arms.¿¿??.
In my oppinion my Snake eyes looks much better now (more natural and realistic)

Tutorial:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showpost.php?p=832469&postcount=100

By the way thenammagazine ¿How did you tightened the hip joints?

Regards

Have cancelled my Exc SE, can't justify an extra £40 for the punch dagger :(
Hopefully some one here will get converted, finger Xed for you chaps :)

Cheers,
Doug

I made the body swap but swaping the Prometheus legs too.Besides My true-Type has diferent and biger chest part than showed in this tutorial (Caucasian true-ype edition).Therefore he dos,nt look skinny (Ethippian )and he has not orangutan arms.¿¿??.
In my oppinion my Snake eyes looks much better now (more natural and realistic)

Tutorial:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showpost.php?p=832469&postcount=100

By the way thenammagazine ¿How did you tightened the hip joints?

Regards

he does the same thingI do, as well as many people on the web do to various gijoe amnd marvel legends toys. you use super-glue. you put a droplet of superglue on the joint, and you move the joint constantly for 5-10 minites, letting the super glue dry inside the joint. this bulks out the joint, making the joints fit together tighter, thus making the figure have tighter joints. it's annoying to d, but it works :)

Made my indy's hips perfect :gun

he does the same thingI do, as well as many people on the web do to various gijoe amnd marvel legends toys. you use super-glue. you put a droplet of superglue on the joint, and you move the joint constantly for 5-10 minites, letting the super glue dry inside the joint. this bulks out the joint, making the joints fit together tighter, thus making the figure have tighter joints. it's annoying to d, but it works :)

Made my indy's hips perfect :gun

Ok,the superglue tip..:rolleyes:Yes. I did the same with my DogAlien 3 joints.I.ll do this with my prometheus hip joints in order to use the body for a custom or something.

Regards

the pro body looks pretty good as a replacement for the short bodied figures on the buck. got any sideshow starwars? Luke Or Darth Maul would benifit from the pro once you fix the hips.

the pro body looks pretty good as a replacement for the short bodied figures on the buck. got any sideshow starwars? Luke Or Darth Maul would benifit from the pro once you fix the hips.

Yeess! Good Idea!!

I can use the body as replacement for my Darth Maul (As soon as I fixed the hip joints)

Thanks for the advice Bro!!:D

why the heck are we glueing parts to stay in place? we should not have to be glueing anything for $120

Back