official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone cares, here are pics showing my pistol silencer problem:

https://img148.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00974w.jpg

The wood background one is mine, the white background is from Toy Anxiety highlighting the piece I am missing.

Well that sucks monkey balls. What is it about you that Sideshow doesn't like?! Or are you just naturally a $#!+ magnet? :huh :lol Per capita, I think you have the worst luck with your stuff. :p

Well that sucks monkey balls. What is it about you that Sideshow doesn't like?! Or are you just naturally a $#!+ magnet? :huh :lol Per capita, I think you have the worst luck with your stuff. :p
maybe he is just too excited to get this stuff. he agressively rips everything out of the box and ^^^^ breaks and pieces go flying across the room. try running a vacuum around your place BM and then sift through the bag. i bet you'll find a goldmine of accessory parts.

I sold my exclusive and bought a regular version from Monkeydepot. Cant wait to get this stone cold sunavab1tch

maybe he is just too excited to get this stuff. he agressively rips everything out of the box and ^^^^ breaks and pieces go flying across the room. try running a vacuum around your place BM and then sift through the bag. i bet you'll find a goldmine of accessory parts.

That doesn't explain 2 left arms for 1025 or two left feet for his 805 either.

Snake Eyes is the first 1/6 figure I have removed from my shelf after initial assembly. I spent some time futzing with him yesteday and removing a lot of the gear like so many others here. I have to say, I really do prefer him stripped down to just the one gun/one blade and scabbard. Kept his smaller blade strapped to his leg, one grenade and two extra ammo clips in pouches on his chest strap. Nice and simple. Now I have found the pose he can stay in, at least until Storm Shadow shows up!

But, the fact that I removed him from shelves, means I'm definatlely hooked on this line. Can't say I will buy everything SS shoves at us, like the diorama. But I will have every figure, as long as there are not total disasters offered up. Don't really see that happening, as I personally am extremely excited by each of the four (or five) offerings so far.

Can't wait for a trooper variant for Comic-Con!

:D

Quick heads up to anyone in the UK that ordered from Forbidden Planet they have dispatched my Snake Eyes today and he should be here next week.

Snake Eyes is the first 1/6 figure I have removed from my shelf after initial assembly. I spent some time futzing with him yesteday and removing a lot of the gear like so many others here. I have to say, I really do prefer him stripped down to just the one gun/one blade and scabbard. Kept his smaller blade strapped to his leg, one grenade and two extra ammo clips in pouches on his chest strap. Nice and simple. Now I have found the pose he can stay in, at least until Storm Shadow shows up!

But, the fact that I removed him from shelves, means I'm definatlely hooked on this line. Can't say I will buy everything SS shoves at us, like the diorama. But I will have every figure, as long as there are not total disasters offered up. Don't really see that happening, as I personally am extremely excited by each of the four (or five) offerings so far.

Can't wait for a trooper variant for Comic-Con!

:D

I agree with you on the environment. I'm not sure I want to be spending $200 every other figure to get their environments and posing some in and some out looks odd on the shelves. I had to pick up an extra Indy to pose on Belloq's Ex and made that the centerpiece of the shelf because it worked. Likely if they come out with more (like a Tanis Maproom), I'll have to pass for sheer space limitations. That very fact made Snake Eyes' environment and future Joe environments easy to pass on.

Well, at first, I definately wanted the diorama. Especially since Timber is included, and I'm not up to making a bash of my own Timber. Although theirs does look small, and we'll have to wait to see more images. After less than a week, I've changed my mind on the matter, and am definately leaning toward just figures. I want to pack my shelf with Joes and Cobras! Maybe if the dio is $50 or less, which it wont' be, I'll pick it up.

Environment doesnt do anything for me. If i feel the need to have a background, i will build my own.

so have the majority of people swapped bodies on this figure? If so, is truetype the best to use? and where can i get one cheap? The stock body looks way to frail from these images.

so have the majority of people swapped bodies on this figure? If so, is truetype the best to use? and where can i get one cheap? The stock body looks way to frail from these images.

Actually, IMO, the TT made him more lanky. Especially with the shirt. And I wasn't looking forward to picking up a TT every time a figure comes out to make them all in scale either. The Pro works fine. You just need to find an angle/pose that compliments the body.

Actually, IMO, the TT made him more lanky. Especially with the shirt. And I wasn't looking forward to picking up a TT every time a figure comes out to make them all in scale either. The Pro works fine. You just need to find an angle/pose that compliments the body.

I was thinking that i would find a way to "pad" the stock body. Maybe some gauze or something. I need to get my fig. in hand first.

I was thinking that i would find a way to "pad" the stock body. Maybe some gauze or something. I need to get my fig. in hand first.

Actually, some of the HK 1:6 retailers on ebaY have loose "underarmor" shirts they're selling. One or two of those would go a ways in beefing him up a bit. Not sure how it'd effect poseability though.

Actually, some of the HK 1:6 retailers on ebaY have loose "underarmor" shirts they're selling. One or two of those would go a ways in beefing him up a bit. Not sure how it'd effect poseability though.

I might look into that once the figure gets here. For some reason I think snake needs some bulk

Here is a pic of snake on a TT:
comp1.jpg

The main problem is that on some poses there is a noticeable gap between the shoulders and the chest, and the shirt I'll put a body armor on top of his shirt to see if that hides the gap.

I might look into that once the figure gets here. For some reason I think snake needs some bulk

Yeah, I'd wait. I picked up the Commando sweater as a "just in case" thinking the same thing (thanks to the barfy prodo pics) but after completely removing the shirt and repositioning it, he's fine and now I have an extra sweater for another kitbash.

I still can't say I'm 100% deadset on body swapping, but it does look good on a true Type. Mine should arrived tomorrow so I'll have to wait a little longer. I did get a couple extra accessories from Toy Angst and I've got to say the sword is awesome! The details in the handle and the serated bit on lower end of the blade really make it look awesome. To me this sword is just about as iconic as the mask. "85 all the way! :rock

Yeah, I'd wait. I picked up the Commando sweater as a "just in case" thinking the same thing (thanks to the barfy prodo pics) but after completely removing the shirt and repositioning it, he's fine and now I have an extra sweater for another kitbash.

Thanks for the advice. I hope its just the pics that make him look crack skinny.

Thanks for the advice. I hope its just the pics that make him look crack skinny.

No, it's the Pro that makes him look like a crack whore. The arms are as skinny as an Ethiopian. At least a TT has more definition, Bigger forearms, biceps, broader chest and torso that fills out the loose nylon shirt and makes him look more like a man than a tween.

No, it's the Pro that makes him look like a crack whore. The arms are as skinny as an Ethiopian. At least a TT has more definition, Bigger forearms, biceps, broader chest and torso that fills out the loose nylon shirt and makes him look more like a man than a tween.

But again, you are going to have to change all the Joes if you care about scale. I think most here care about height scale..

Back