Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Offical Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Other than the pleather, he looks pretty good. LOVE that they did the original boots and the working backpack. Helmet/masks still looks a bit strange, but is ok. Nice to include the original rifle.

Just drop the pleather. It is good that the pants aren't complete pleather, but yea just drop it.

Weird how I can no longer save pics from the Sideshow website to transfer them to Tinypic and post them here. :dunno

right click on the thumbnail and open in new window/tab.

I don't believe the vintage figure had a revolver, so no loss IMO.

Though not removable like the 25th anny version, it was molded to his leg:

Crimson%20Guard.jpg

I'm also surprised that with all the attention they spent on the boots, SSC forgot the spurs.

Looks like another home run. Sure the pleather wasn't the best idea if it ends up that shiny in production, but its not a deal breaker. Cloth would have been better, but what can you do. Its either this, Hasbro, or nothing and I'm not fond of nothing and Hasbro :lol

All in all looks pretty good,
Same as others, not a fan of the pleather.
139.99$ now, wow

Though not removable like the 25th anny version, it was molded to his leg:

Crimson%20Guard.jpg

I'm also surprised that with all the attention they spent on the boots, SSC forgot the spurs.

I no longer have the original figures, but wasn't it a flintlock on his leg?

Hmm. I gotta admit, I'm waffling a bit now. These pics make everything seem just a little better. Even the leather/pleather isn't bothering me as much. Thank goodness they didn't go for full on leather pants.

I no longer have the original figures, but wasn't it a flintlock on his leg?

The detail's a little soft, so I'm just going to assume it's a revolver.

I mean, why in god's name would he have a flintlock of all things?

Spurs would have been cool, but not a dealbreaker.

Here's Sideshow's....
28h3fqa.jpg

I'd be less critical if it was closer to this...
28h3fqa.jpg

Here's Sideshow's....
28h3fqa.jpg

28h3fqa.jpg

You have no plans to buy it anyway, so what do you care?

Is it perfect, no. But on the whole SS has done a stand up job with this line, I can live with a couple of gafs here and there

Ive always liked that SSC has put their own touch to each figure...not sure their aim has ever been to replicate the original characters as they were. I think this is a great figure and I believe everyone is going to be happy when they have the guards with CCC on the throne. I promise there will be several posters with their pics of the 3 together.....and throne.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:

Whos still haten on CCC now?

Ive always liked that SSC has put their own touch to each figure...not sure their aim has ever been to replicate the original characters as they were. I think this is a great figure and I believe everyone is going to be happy when they have the guards with CCC on the throne. I promise there will be several posters with their pics of the 3 together.....and throne.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:

Whos still haten on CCC now?

I still think its poop, all three together will look odd

In truth, no. (yes, come after me now, bring it). This would have been the line I would buy EVERYTHING of. It would have replaced my Star Wars addiction completely. That's how much I love the 80s G.I.Joe characters. I've looked at each release in person though and to me, there's so much more that could have been done in overall design and execution.

Open one out of the box, and then talk to me.

It is a ceremonial outfit. Same as some royal guards having swords.

I've heard that argument before, but I'm not buying it. There's plenty of precedence for the use of swords in a ceremonial outfit - practically every military in the world uses them. However, no one in the world, as far as I know, wears an antique pistol as part of a dress uniform.

Who's in charge of these guys? Oh yeah, the Crimson Twins :lol:lol:lol

In all seriousness, he looks cool.
100039press10001.jpg

100039press08001.jpg

Last edited:

I am real happy to get the CG, I can't stand the pleather and I don't much care for the helmet. I will order him, but that jacket is the worst, what are they thinking? I have never ordered on the first day, what time do they put up the presale?

I am real happy to get the CG, I can't stand the pleather and I don't much care for the helmet. I will order him, but that jacket is the worst, what are they thinking? I have never ordered on the first day, what time do they put up the presale?

Listen Ralphy with thoughts like that you just stay in the bathroom with that soap in your mouth alright bud...

lmao jk

You have no plans to buy it anyway, so what do you care?

Is it perfect, no. But on the whole SS has done a stand up job with this line, I can live with a couple of gafs here and there

I haven't bought the others but that doesn't mean I wouldn't have bought the Crimson Guard if it was designed better (and better in my "opinion" is closer to the original design). But no, as it stands now, I have no plans on buying THIS Crimson Guard because I think it looks terrible. Again.. my opinion.

Had Sideshow sculpted it truer to the 80s version, all you all would have loved it and so would I. That's an extra sale that Sideshow is not getting. That's ultimately what I'm getting at. I can understand some cosmetic changes with some of the Joes but Crimson Guard is just an absolute favorite of mine, which is why I'm so vocal about it compared to the other threads where I just don't even bother.

Open one out of the box, and then talk to me.

Yah, see... I've looked at all of these in hand and for the cost, it's not what I would have wanted. They ARE the best 12" G.I.Joes ever made, I will not argue that. But they're not the G.I.Joes I want. They're too different (Firefly) or not good enough (Snake Eyes). I'm glad you're all happy with the line, honestly, but I'm :cuckoo: like that. I love the toon and vintage toy line too darn much. Those are 12" figures I wanted. Maybe someday I'll get my wish.:pray:

Here's Sideshow's....
28h3fqa.jpg

28h3fqa.jpg

I still like the black mask more. If the helmet sides were connected like the original figure, then the extra red sections would look better.

Back