Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Offical Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Was Flea from the Chili Peppers ever a Joe? If so it might work for him.

Nah, he looks like CroCop:

CroCop_Favorite_Fighters_post_yours_here-s460x638-116455-580.jpg

LOL at Chuckles. This guy has a huge frown on his face.

Might actually work well for the Law and Order bash I was thinking about.

Sort of indifferent to the extra head. Its a decent sculpt, but just don't imagine using it for the CG.

I like how they played on the name "SIEGIE".

He kinda has a Russian theme to him.

I'll make the offer of a 1:1 swap of hands for this. My black trooper hands for your CG gloves. I really want to put these on all my troops.

I like it. The pleather not so much, but I can live with it. I'll order the two exclusives and probably pick up another six for my army builders fix.

The backpack is well done, and nice to see the original rifle. I'll have to get a few extras when they're parted out to complete the ammo cases of the 1/6 playsets.

I'll have to see if I can find a decent head that come close to the original Fred's head from the comic. Wade Collins anyone?

John

The original CG's had a bit of a Steve Rogers look to them. So just wait until HT releases the Rescue Captain America figure and buy an extra Chris Evans head. :)

crimson-guard-introduction1.jpg

In my personal opinion the GI Joe 1:6 line is one of the best from Sideshow. There are other lines from Sideshow that I collect also, but many times it's really a hit or miss on some of the stuff they put out there. Where as this Joe line has the most consistency and looks damn good.

Shiny crotch FTW! Which reminds me, I'll be interested to see how SSC handles Scarlett's leotard. :lol

It looks ok to me, however, why is the outfit so baggy?

I like it. It may not be an exact recreation of the 80's version but most of the SSC Joe figures have been updated in some way. I am looking forward to adding this one to my collection. I wonder when it will be shipping. Second quarter maybe?

ewwwww what a cheap ass figure.

Yeah but even the comic compeletely reversed the silver and black accents on the mask and I'd still consider it a "classic" look. If there was perfect uniformity on the mask between card art, figure, cartoon, and comic I'd be inclined to agree. To me SSC's version is a close enough approximation to the vintage character as a whole.

28h3fqa.jpg

cgvar.jpg

crimsonguardbig.gif

The cartoon and comic and toy artwork reflected the proper colors for the Crimson Guard mask. I think it would look better if the toy was like that as well.

Sideshow was going with this design I take it..

cg-12.jpg

But even this custom built costume is better than Sideshow's (a lot of it is the eye port)
comiccon-11-bill-4-247_480_poster.jpg

Preferred look:
17048%20-%20Baroness%20Cobra%20Crimson_Guard%20GI_Joe.jpg

Last edited:
Back