Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Offical Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Yeah, not bad. Helmet is still off, but I'll take it. Pic #6 that shows the helmet from the back looks terrible.

Fred head looks good.

Weird how I can no longer save pics from the Sideshow website to transfer them to Tinypic and post them here. :dunno

Gloves are the eyesore for me. I can deal with the pleather.

Are the pants full cloth? They seem shiny around the knee area.

Yeah, not bad. Helmet is still off, but I'll take it. Pic #6 that shows the helmet from the back looks terrible.

Fred head looks good.

Weird how I can no longer save pics from the Sideshow website to transfer them to Tinypic and post them here. :dunno

Just open the gallery image you want in a new window and save from there. :wink1:

this looks great as expected!

I feel like . . . crying . . . so much 1:6 GI JOE ARAH goodness.

It's a damn good time to be a 1:6 GI JOE ARAH collector . . . even with all the naysaying & whining.

With an assist from Nam, some selected images:

mbnwq8.jpg

2ngezno.jpg

29gacl.jpg

28h3fqa.jpg

The aforementioned weird helmet shot. Too hexagonal. :dunno

30x7ats.jpg

2jcacet.jpg

33xvtbk.jpg

fc02s0.jpg

2lxhu0j.jpg

I feel like . . . crying . . . so much 1:6 GI JOE ARAH goodness.

It's a damn good time to be a 1:6 GI JOE ARAH collector . . . even with all the naysaying & whining.

YES. What Joe figure has disappointed? Don't give me Firefly. That's a badass figure.

I called it. Cloth pants. Fred head, and bayonette rifle. Looks kickass.

Agreed! Don't mind the NRD either to be honest all the things that keep everyone from going overboard with ordering.

Do you actually own any of the figures? I've been wowed every time I've opened the box of one of the SS G.I. JOE figures. Got to agree with you on "not thinking it was possible for SS to screw up the Crimson Guard."

In truth, no. (yes, come after me now, bring it). This would have been the line I would buy EVERYTHING of. It would have replaced my Star Wars addiction completely. That's how much I love the 80s G.I.Joe characters. I've looked at each release in person though and to me, there's so much more that could have been done in overall design and execution.

The Cobra Trooper and Viper though are the strongest ones so far.

You should go back to collecting Ewok plush toys. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Hehe I do and will! But I'm constantly looking at each release of the Joes waiting for one to bring me back in.

--

WELL . . .

It sucks to be you . . . YUB . . . YUB.

The same could be said with the same rationale/perspective for the entire line of SW figures, but I digress.

:lol

I won't argue that, but Star Wars has been aimed at a more film-accuracy. Joes, are kind of their own stab at it and I suppose that's what I never liked about it.

how can anyone say this Line is a dissapointment?? These are the best and most detailed G.I.Joes ever made,especially based on the 80's property..

These are the most detailed and "best" Joes ever made, but I don't want to collect a line that's only based or inspired by the 80s property. I WANT the 80s property in its exact and most perfect form, if that makes sense.

I understand the vast majority who will disagree and dismiss this logic of mine, but that's just how I am. And this also extends to the portrait sculpts of the humans who are just... not appealing at all. They don't capture the character well enough in my opinion.

As for the new shots of the Crimson Guard, there are some angles that I thought "hmmm... this could be okay" but then there's other angles that are pretty bad.

Oh well. Sucks for me I guess but my wallet thanks me. I'll try and refrain from posting on this subject further.

10/10 here.

Might do a body swap to bulk up the chest if the leather sleeves allow for it.

Agreed! Don't mind the NRD either to be honest all the things that keep everyone from going overboard with ordering.
the NRD is only for orders of 2. same as always.

figure looks alright. i still like the Viper better. pleather still sucks. i like how the pack opens and can hold some of the gear. glad they are including the "action feet" with almost all figures now.

Looks pretty classic to me, right down to the pockets on the boots. Just needs some black gloves.

gi-joe-twg-crimsonguard.jpg

If it looked like the vintage art, no amount of shiny red pleather would keep me from ordering these.

The snout is wrong... it's more like the techno viper.

Techno-Viper_88.jpg

Sort of indifferent to the extra head. Its a decent sculpt, but just don't imagine using it for the CG.

Trying to think of what Joe that head might work well for in a custom...one of the generics? Repainted redhead it would work well as a Ripcord.

If it looked like the vintage art, no amount of shiny red pleather would keep me from ordering these.

The snout is wrong... it's more like the techno viper.

Yeah but even the comic compeletely reversed the silver and black accents on the mask and I'd still consider it a "classic" look. If there was perfect uniformity on the mask between card art, figure, cartoon, and comic I'd be inclined to agree. To me SSC's version is a close enough approximation to the vintage character as a whole.

28h3fqa.jpg

cgvar.jpg

crimsonguardbig.gif

Sort of indifferent to the extra head. Its a decent sculpt, but just don't imagine using it for the CG.

Trying to think of what Joe that head might work well for in a custom...one of the generics? Repainted redhead it would work well as a Ripcord.

Chuckles. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Or if you're into PrideFC/UFC, you could bash a Mirko Filipović figure. :lol

Back