OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2009 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First we got Pitu the Barbarian!

Then we saw the mighty Pitulactus!

Now we get the ultimate in curly hair horror!

George A. Romero's

picture.php

:horror :horror :horror

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Ok. Still the kit Sold out. not sure what your point is. You stated it was not sold out. and your wrong.

:lecture:lecture:lecture While I'd normally agree on other products, in cases like this, where total orders are uncertain, I don't think they assemble them in the thousands. If last year's kit hadn't been sold out, there were hella freaks during last years spook who would've jumped on them DURING Spooktacular. So I have no doubt that if they hadn't sold them out, they could've easily put them back up. Sorry Ktjn, P!tu's right on this one.

:lecture:lecture:lecture While I'd normally agree on other products, in cases like this, where total orders are uncertain, I don't think they assemble them in the thousands. If last year's kit hadn't been sold out, there were hella freaks during last years spook who would've jumped on them DURING Spooktacular. So I have no doubt that if they hadn't sold them out, they could've easily put them back up. Sorry Ktjn, P!tu's right on this one.

Yeah, but it dosen't state Sold-Out on the Spook 08 product page, unlike 07 which states S-O. So dosen't that mean uncertainty with stock when labeled with a "Wait-List"? :confused:

Yeah, but it dosen't state Sold-Out on the Spook 08 product page, unlike 07 which states S-O. So dosen't that mean uncertainty with stock when labeled with a "Wait-List"? :confused:

In any other case, I'd say you've got a point. It's not like we haven't seen items sold out then suddenly magically appear in a "Guess what we just happened upon in our warehouse - Spooky 2nd Chance!" In this case, no, you're reaching. Why? I don't know. Think about it, it's not like SS is stockpiling a bunch of irrelevant Spook '08 kits hoping to skyrocket their private stocks with them. Can you see a kit or two fetching a grand on ebay? :huh There's nothing in that kit that's worth thousands man. Have a gander at their contents. There's an outdated hardcover catalog that they shipped with just about every order during X-mas last year. Glasses they gave away for free. A nifty poster. A card that gave you access to specials that weren't that special and haven't been around for 11 months. A cool coaster, but eh, it's a coaster. Those buttons won't be worth $10k anytime soon. The shirt? Not really. Hell, I can't even wear mine without reenacting big Lou's transformation scene. :lol Being realistic, the only thing that those kits would have now that's got any real value, is nostalgia.

In any other case, I'd say you've got a point. It's not like we haven't seen items sold out then suddenly magically appear in a "Guess what we just happened upon in our warehouse - Spooky 2nd Chance!" In this case, no, you're reaching. Why? I don't know.

If going by that, since nobody really wants a old 08 kit, why even bother putting up a "Wait-List" reserve for it?

As for me reaching, reaching for SS to put a low ES on these ;) :D. It's a bunch of promo items, but if it means lesser entries in the contests and giveaways I am all for it.

If going by that, since nobody really wants a old 08 kit, why even bother putting up a "Wait-List" reserve for it?

As for me reaching, reaching for SS to put a low ES on these ;) :D. It's a bunch of promo items, but if it means lesser entries in the contests and giveaways I am all for it.

I think 'wait list' is a catch-all for things that sell out. They are just automatically put into 'wait list' status, just in case people cancel, etc. Then, someone has to manually go through inventory and figure out which items are very unlikely to ever come back into stock, then manually close the wait list/cancel current W orders for that item/etc. I assume that the Spook Kit from '08 has just been overlooked during that process. I'll let them know that it's causing a fuss and that it should be closed ;)

Back