Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a BIG thanks to 42E, those that were responsible for creating all of the viral campaigning surrounding The Dark Knight. If you're reading these posts at all *hears ninja footsteps*, your work is amazing. To end the virals with rewarding fans like us with IMAX TICKETS (days before the national release no less), I can't thank you all enough ! :clap

Ok. Saw it in ATL last night.

The film was absolutely remarkable. I need some time to digest what I've seen before I go on any further.

And to critics that say the last 30 minutes do not "fit" with the rest of TDK, I STRONGLY disagree. The ending was just incredible. Loved those final few shots and Gordon's monologue. Really struck a note with me (especially with JNH/HZ in the background).

Mall of Georgia Regal Cinema, eh?

Must have been quite a haul for you to get there. Hell, I live in the ATL area and that is still a 1 hour drive.

Mall of Georgia Regal Cinema, eh?

Must have been quite a haul for you to get there. Hell, I live in the ATL area and that is still a 1 hour drive.

Yeah, 4 hours from Nashville! Needless to say, I was pretty drained by the time we got home. :sick

Crap in a hat! I'm sitting here reading posts thinking to myself....they shouldn't put that in the non-spoiler thread.

D'OH!!!!!!!!!!

Later!

MY REVIEW:

I just got back from an IMAX screening. No, I didn't bust a nut, and it isn't the greatest film EVER made, but it was pretty damn good. As a film, it gets high points on almost every level: The actors were great; the locations were spectacular; as was the cinematography; and Howard and Zimmer do it again with a top-notch score.

I liked BATMAN BEGINS, don't get me wrong.................

You pretty much sumed it up for me as well. Though I didn't feel this movie was any darker than the original Batman in 89. As for Two-Face, it's unknown if he is dead. He could have been KO'd by the fall.

And to critics that say the last 30 minutes do not "fit" with the rest of TDK, I STRONGLY disagree

I felt they could have done with out the scarecrow scene to be honest. His role was so minor and unimportant.

A small nitpick, why did batman keep on those lenses during the final joker fight? A little unnecessary if you ask me.
Question about the ending...why put the blame on Batman, when they could have put all the blame on the joker?

Also, was it me, or did bats get his ass handed to him by the poochies? :p

Last edited:
Lau was burned on top of the money pile, right? I can't remember if that was him or not.

Batman more or less tackles him, and both of them fall several floors and hit the ground. Harvey doesn't react or move after the fall. Why? Because he's dead.

Batman takes a lot of jumps and falls from tall buildings in this one. :lol

Jesus....The Spoilers are starting to get more confusing then not knowing and speculating at this point....
stars.gif

How many enjoyed the insane, pre-Two-Face Harvey with gun?

I thought Eckhart was rather meh, up until that scene.

Batman more or less tackles him, and both of them fall several floors and hit the ground. Harvey doesn't react or move after the fall. Why? Because he's dead.

Is that how it's left though, no one says he's dead. Seems ambiguous to allow them to either have him dead for a third act or bring him back, whatever they decide storywise.

Lau was burned on top of the money pile, right? I can't remember if that was him or not.

He was up there, but we never heard screaming or anything. I completely forgot about him until aftet the film. So yeah, I think he got torched.

So Two-Face doesn't die physically with confirmation in this movie?

It is debateable.

Batman takes a lot of jumps and falls from tall buildings in this one. :lol

He didn't move, but Batman survived the falll too, so it isn't out of the question. But I got the feeling he was dead. But my Grandma didn't. And since they never went over to check his pulse or whatever and we didn't see a body at the memorial, it is possible he could still be alive.

Is that how it's left though, no one says he's dead. Seems ambiguous to allow them to either have him dead for a third act or bring him back, whatever they decide storywise.

If I'm not mistaken, Eckhart is signed on for two films, so maybe Two-face isn't dead but Harvey Dent is. If that makes anysense.

WTF?? So there is no Joker (of course) or Two-Face in the next movie??!! Balls!

Joker doesn't die, but he is obviously dead :p

The only way Joker could be in the next one is recasting and I'm not sure anyone could live up to Heath's performance.

Oh, Rachel does die. Did anyone mention that yet? :confused:

Joker doesn't die, but he is obviously dead :p

The only way Joker could be in the next one is recasting and I'm not sure anyone could live up to Heath's performance.

Oh, Rachel does die. Did anyone mention that yet? :confused:

Towards the end, I wish they should have shown joker in arkham all tied up and in the shadows.

I think Eckhart did sign on for two films. So with that, dent died, but to-face lives?

Back