Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
must be. I just got back just an hour ago. Someone was there dressed to the tits in a batman begins suit.

Batman's getting hooked on the plane and flying off in Hong Kong was outstanding.

The two arch nemeses of any collector, money and space my friend. And if I get the Bats, I'll prolly want the Joker. And if I'm going to get them I might as well get the Iron Man as well. Plus I'm not a huge fan of the costume design.

The two arch nemeses of any collector, money and space my friend. And if I get the Bats, I'll prolly want the Joker. And if I'm going to get them I might as well get the Iron Man as well. Plus I'm not a huge fan of the costume design.

i hear you man! i've given up on space as an issue now... money... now that's a different story. and yes, if you get batman, you have to get joker... and if you are me, you also have to get the batmobile, and the batpod... and i'm sure more as Hot Toys continues to rape my wallet.

I just got back from TDK and got to say that movie was awesome...that is the joker we all wanted to see...the effects were insane...I agree the hong kong part with the plane was outstanding...My only gripe...the bat pod seemed very slow

I also enjoyed the shot of Joker in the back of the cop car, hanging out the window, especially with that ominous music in the background.

I F'ING LOVED THAT!
(Also, he was in the front seat but out the back window. I made sure I looked closely the second time I saw it today).

I want to be able to watch this movie at home, NOW! The theater experience is great but I would watch this movie over and over and over and over again.

I just got back from TDK and got to say that movie was awesome...that is the joker we all wanted to see...the effects were insane...I agree the hong kong part with the plane was outstanding...My only gripe...the bat pod seemed very slow

The coolest part with the pod was when the Joker said it looks like he missed and that whole damn semi flips up! Cool as Hell!:banana

Hmph, forgot about the tumbler and the Batpod. Having Batman on the batpod (is that possible?) with Joker standing in front of him like in the movie would make a very awesome display. *attempts to push the image from the mind while looking around to see where it could go*

The scene with Joker hanging out of the window of the cop car after the prison break that goes into a seemingly slight slomo was one of the most beautiful shots in a film I've seen in a long time.

Like I said, AWESOME! Great job, Heath, Christopher and Jonathan and Lee Smith, everyone else, heh.

I loved everything about the Joker. Heath's performance will be a tough act to follow from this point on and completely wipes out any performance of the character before him IMHO.

I'm not a huge Batman fan let start off by saying that.

If I had to pick one word to describe this film it would be OUTSTANDING!!

The feel of this film is far more serious and darker than the first and I liked it. The story was just really well put together and the acting was brilliant. Ledger was the best of them all and IMO deserves an Oscar Nom for his ability to take this role and twist it exactly as needed. Bale did an even better job this time around and Maggie Gyllenhaal did so much more with her role than Katie Holmes did in the previous film.

I loved how there where some serious violent moments but at the right time with the right taste. The dark moments where dark when it needed to be and lighter when it needed to be. In other words everything came together exactly as it should for a film like this.

The funny thing about the way Heath approached the Joker role and the things he says during the film is they're all true.

The scene with Joker hanging out of the window of the cop car after the prison break that goes into a seemingly slight slomo was one of the most beautiful shots in a film I've seen in a long time.

That's the one where right after that he starts grabbing guns finally going for the bazooka right?

If that's the one, I have to agree. The lightning, the music, the camera, the pose of the joker, that image is the one that I just can't forget, it was truly an amazingly beautiful shot. I'm going to see the movie again just for that shot.

I also loved, although not as much, the shot of the Joker talking through the cellphone while the pile of money is burning behind him.

He was up there, but we never heard screaming or anything. I completely forgot about him until aftet the film. So yeah, I think he got torched.

It is debateable.

He didn't move, but Batman survived the falll too, so it isn't out of the question. But I got the feeling he was dead. But my Grandma didn't. And since they never went over to check his pulse or whatever and we didn't see a body at the memorial, it is possible he could still be alive.

If I'm not mistaken, Eckhart is signed on for two films, so maybe Two-face isn't dead but Harvey Dent is. If that makes anysense.

I believe now also that Two-Face at least isn't dead. Like you said, we didn't see a body and they never checked the pulse, he may still be alive.

Not to mention the "memorial" there is never shown a body. One could argue in his present state their best move was to hide Harvey so that Gotham never finds out about Two-Face.

UNREAL! It was everything I imagined it would be, the score, the acting, the story, the drama, Chicago, etc, etc, etc. Nolan is a great film maker and the scenes with Ledger were pure electric!

I must say though this film had nothing to do with the entire traditional "Comic" mood, this was just an excellent "film" The drama was amazing and the acting just as good, Freeman and Caine were the icing on the cake...............again.

I've always said to win a "best actor" award you need to really "buy" into the performance, aside from all the makup I never even knew Ledger was there, he will win the best actor Academy Award, mark my words. His performance was both unique and memorable, he IS the next James Dean.

Watching this film in IMAX was simply stunning and would be a waste to see in ANY other way, even at home with all the goods. IMAX made this experience a permenant great memory for me, this film was almost damn near perfect IMO.

Top notch everything, movie of the year in my books. One last thing to add, the music almost everytime Joker was on screen was so mood setting its not even funny, its moments like that in cinematography that really help me appreciate a film more. Very moving.

5/5 no problem.

Back