Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that they brought Scarecrow back for that little glimpse. It felt a bit like something that might happen in one of the comics.

Same here, that's how I saw it as well. It felt like a comics scene, starting off the issue with a random fight with one of Batman's rogues gallery.

That's just the way that actor looks... :lol

He always looks like he is drowning in eye makeup. He's just a hairy dude, guess that lends itself to waaaay too many eyelashes. :rotfl

this is the first movie i'd give a perfect rating. i for one think we'll see Two Face in the next film. someone already mentioned the obvious checking for life signs, but did anyone else see that the coin landed face up after he flipped it for himself??? and i think they'd lock him up in Arkham under a different name so nobody in Gotham knew about him.
~~i've seen it three times already and i'm thinking about seeing it again today.

this is the first movie i'd give a perfect rating. i for one think we'll see Two Face in the next film. someone already mentioned the obvious checking for life signs, but did anyone else see that the coin landed face up after he flipped it for himself??? and i think they'd lock him up in Arkham under a different name so nobody in Gotham knew about him.
~~i've seen it three times already and i'm thinking about seeing it again today.

This is just me thinking, but I think Chris Nolan may have something under his sleeve for the third movie.

"It's all part of the plan."

And I also can't help thinking about that quote from "The Prestige".
"Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called "The Pledge". The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn". The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige"."

Were I saw TDK! Metreon IMAX in San Fran:

metreonimaxtdkuu5.jpg
Just got back from the 3:30 a.m. show there a bit ago. It was packed.

Dayumn, now THAT was a movie.

TDK hauls in 66.4M

From Nikki Finke - DHD

SATURDAY AM: The Dark Knight's Friday opening was even bigger than first thought, according to final numbers -- $66.4M in North American gross from a record-setting wide release of 4,366 theaters. That includes the $18.5M in midnight-to-3AM shows from a smaller pool of 3,040 venues. Now Warner Bros has smashed the record for the biggest midnight show ever (better than the $16.9M set by 2005's Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith then playing in 2,915 venues), and the biggest single day ever (better than the $59.8M set by May 4, 2007's Spider-Man 3 in 4,252 venues, including midnight shows).

I saw it last night and all I can say is, WOW!!!!!!! This movie surpassed all my expectations. Everything about it was perfect. The 2 hrs waiting in line for good seats was definitely worth it.:D

Great quote UT, I love that movie. I definitely feel like the way this one ended is setting up for the next one.

I like the idea of having a lesser known bat villain in the next movie. Some one like black mask would be cool. I don't know much about him, but he seems like a pretty awesome bad guy.

OMG! Just got back! What a bad ass movie. I went in and expected awesome and it delivered in every way possible. This was the Empire Strikes Back of Comic book movies. This will stand the test of time and be known as if not the best right up there!

Just got back from the movie.

I'd give it a solid 8/10.

The movie would have been much better if it didn't have Batman in it.

I loved everyone else, including Bruce Wayne, but Batman was a let down.

I'd say leave the series here. Any more films and they'll ruin it.

Ahhhh horse ^^^^. :rolleyes::lol:rolleyes:

I agree with most of this.(bats was fine but joker stole the show)

This was a great movie and a must buy on Blu-ray. But i didn't cum in my pants like most of you seem to have. :)

Iron Man only beats it out slightly for me. So all the movies i've seen so far this year have been good and no bombs. I hope Clone Wars and HBP can compete with these spring/summer movies.

Saw it a second time last night. Was fun seeing things coming with the crowd. The pencil trick, Nurse Joker, the street shooting and seeing how many shots the non-madeup Joker was in (Look behind Gordon while he is out there watching the buildings as BW is entering that building, and Joker is RIGHT BEHIND HIM all the time. I kept seeing the scarred face in shots! What balls! I never realized at first viewing...), and just plain enjoying it again.

Great stuff!
And yeah, Bale's Batman voice was a bit overdone sometimes. Why do it when alone with Lucious? That was odd. Anyway, still a cool movie. I really enjoyed the finale and the night vision eyes. Reminded me of the white eyed Batman in comics. They even got that look in there too! Wonder if HT comes out with a variant of that now, lit...would be wicked!

Movie holds up to repeated views! Great stuff! Ledger was great, but he was not alone in this story! This was pretty much the Two-Face origin film after all, and he was superb in every shot. Great job on all counts.

Glad to see this movie racking up the dough! :rock

Back