Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else get a kick out of Bat Manuel being the mayor? Surely that was done on purpose as a little inside joke.

And yeah, Bale's Batman voice was a bit overdone sometimes. Why do it when alone with Lucious? That was odd.

That's exactly what I was wondering. When that scene happened, I thought:

[Morgan Freeman voice] Now Mista Wayne, I know who you are. I made all your stuff! Why are you still talking like that?[/Morgan Freeman voice]

Did anyone else get a kick out of Bat Manuel being the mayor? Surely that was done on purpose as a little inside joke.

That was Bat Manuel?!?!? I didn't catch that! I knew I had seen him before though. Dude has some serious eyelashes! :lol Or eyeliner...something...

And yeah, Dr Miracle, I was appalled they did that. I think it would have been really cool if he had just been himself there. Would have made it more normal somehow. I guess the filmakers decided he has to be Batman at all times when in the suit. Not that reasonable to me somehow, that or that mask seriously chokes his throat! :D

just saw it. it was freakin' awesome!!! very dark. glad to see he didnt kill the joker. but unfortunately heath can never reprise his role.:monkey2 i thought two-face would be set up at the end so he can be the main antagonist in the next film. guess not. wonder who they'll use for the next film?

I was wondering why he was using the voice in company of people in the know as well. Then I realized again one key point. When he puts on the mask he is no longer Bruce Wayne. Kinda like how some pro football players are real quiet in interviews and once they are on the field they go crazy and scream and yell and straight punish people. I think it is the same as Batman. He puts his mask on and it is pure Batman. Like a shark smells blood.

ps. the only thing that ruined it for me was the fact that i was a little thirsty when i got there so i got a medium $5 soda(not too big but pretty big all the same) and i pretty much drank it all before we were a half hour into the film. needless to say, my back teeth were floating for most of the movie but there was no way in hell i was gonna get up to go to the bathroom. i was thinking of using the empty cup actually.

I was wondering why he was using the voice in company of people in the know as well. Then I realized again one key point. When he puts on the mask he is no longer Bruce Wayne. Kinda like how some pro football players are real quiet in interviews and once they are on the field they go crazy and scream and yell and straight punish people. I think it is the same as Batman. He puts his mask on and it is pure Batman. Like a shark smells blood.
bingo. you hit the nail on the head with that one. i agree.

FYI

Bob Kane has acknowledged that the Joker was inspired by Conrad Veidt's character -- a gentle-spirited loner with a carved-in smile -- in the piercing 1928 silent "The Man Who Laughs."

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock Five out of five!!!
Saw it last night and was great as expected. Two best scenes for me:
1. Joker and Batman in the interrogation room, "You ...complete me."
2. And then Batman fleeing from police at the end.

This was the first movie I have seen in a looooong time that left me leaving the theater satisfied that it had lived up to the hype. I hope it makes a pile of cash and crushes Spiderman 3 and those dopey Star Wars prequels.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock Five out of five!!!
Saw it last night and was great as expected. Two best scenes for me:
1. Joker and Batman in the interrogation room, "You ...complete me."
2. And then Batman fleeing from police at the end.

This was the first movie I have seen in a looooong time that left me leaving the theater satisfied that it had lived up to the hype. I hope it makes a pile of cash and crushes Spiderman 3 and those dopey Star Wars prequels.

I think that is a given. It's been all over the news today. Made a TON so far. $66 million I saw on one channel. That is short the Saturday evening totals also. Or Sunday. Huge guys! Huge!

just saw it. it was freakin' awesome!!! very dark. glad to see he didnt kill the joker. but unfortunately heath can never reprise his role.:monkey2 i thought two-face would be set up at the end so he can be the main antagonist in the next film. guess not. wonder who they'll use for the next film?

I would have preferred that actually, it would have allowed for more time with the Joker - who easily steals the show; and would have given a more satisfying end to Dent's arc. They spent so much of the film building him up as this white knight, that his tragic turn felt so incredibly rushed - very out of balance IMO.

I think Dent's arc was done extremely well. It helped that we saw glimpses of his darker edge before the accident (slugging the fall guy on the stand, Russian roulette with the coin and the captured goon). I preferred seeing Two-Face in this lesser capacity because it made his story all the more personal. Putting him center-stage as the main villain in a third film would've relegated him to a psychopath on a rampage. By doing it all in TDK, Two-Face's actions were more powerful and tied to Harvey's fall.

And his story was intertwined with Joker as it was this movie's take on what Joker tried doing to Gordon in "The Killing Joke"--except this time Joker really did win. Because of that, it really felt like Joker's was still an active player right up the very end. He made Dent fall. He proved he was right. He forced Batman and Gordon to cover up the truth. While he was most definitely the "force of nature" Nolan said he was going to be, his presence permeated the entire film.

I'm listening to the soundtrack over and over again. I love it!
I am contemplating seeing it again tomorrow just because I want to,
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Dark Knight..."

Have only skimmed the thread, but the things I didn't like:

The Batvoice. I bit overdone and even sounded processed. It was hard to understand him at times. However I had no problem with him using the voice while alone with Fox. Batman is a frame of mind for Bruce, there is no way for him to seperate the voice from the suit.

The sonar thingie. No point to this at all except to give Lucius a point of contention with Bruce. It also played to the theme of having checks and balances on morality - Bruce let Lucius be his conscious in this case. But it still seemed tacked on and the actual device didn't add much to the movie.

Gordon's family. Okay, guys name their sons after themselves, but who names daughters after their mothers? And notice we never saw little Barbara's face? Is there a plan for her to play a more significant part in the future?

And that's all I didn't like. I can see a 3 way struggle for best supporting actor with Oldman and Eckhart in there with Ledger. Outside the hospital with the Joker walking away we can see how completely Ledger created this character and immersed himself in it. Especially if that was a sole take on that scene, it's just a fantastic bit of acting.

I don't want Two-Face to be dead. I think they deliberately left it open. I was praying that Joker wouldn't die, especially that way and how they ended with him was perfect, if bittersweet since Ledger can't reprise him. But they recast Rachel, it will be difficult, but I think they can recast Joker.

And some have commented that they'd have rather seen Dent's story as a different film. But the post above about the Killing Joke is a brilliant observation - the Joker story couldn't have been told without Dent - Joker systematically drives him crazy.

When Batman kicked the Joker off the roof, my heart was racing. A big HOLY CRAP moment. Not only because I didnt want the Joker to die, but also because Batman just KICKED SOMEONE OFF THE ROOF!

So crazy how he was laughing all the way down.

"You know how I got these scars?"

"No, but I know how you got these!"

Badass!

Have only skimmed the thread, but the things I didn't like:

The Batvoice. I bit overdone and even sounded processed. It was hard to understand him at times. However I had no problem with him using the voice while alone with Fox. Batman is a frame of mind for Bruce, there is no way for him to seperate the voice from the suit.

The sonar thingie. No point to this at all except to give Lucius a point of contention with Bruce. It also played to the theme of having checks and balances on morality - Bruce let Lucius be his conscious in this case. But it still seemed tacked on and the actual device didn't add much to the movie.

Gordon's family. Okay, guys name their sons after themselves, but who names daughters after their mothers? And notice we never saw little Barbara's face? Is there a plan for her to play a more significant part in the future?

And that's all I didn't like. I can see a 3 way struggle for best supporting actor with Oldman and Eckhart in there with Ledger. Outside the hospital with the Joker walking away we can see how completely Ledger created this character and immersed himself in it. Especially if that was a sole take on that scene, it's just a fantastic bit of acting.

I don't want Two-Face to be dead. I think they deliberately left it open. I was praying that Joker wouldn't die, especially that way and how they ended with him was perfect, if bittersweet since Ledger can't reprise him. But they recast Rachel, it will be difficult, but I think they can recast Joker.

And some have commented that they'd have rather seen Dent's story as a different film. But the post above about the Killing Joke is a brilliant observation - the Joker story couldn't have been told without Dent - Joker systematically drives him crazy.

THANK GOD! Someone agrees with me that the Batman voice sucks ass. Still, it was a great film. Definitely a 4 star feature. Just not as good as the hype machine made it out to be.

When Batman kicked the Joker off the roof, my heart was racing. A big HOLY CRAP moment. Not only because I didnt want the Joker to die, but also because Batman just KICKED SOMEONE OFF THE ROOF!

So crazy how he was laughing all the way down.

"You know how I got these scars?"

"No, but I know how you got these!"

Badass!

Yeah. I also liked this exchange when he's dangling Maroni off the roof:

MARONI: A fall from this height won't kill me!

BATMAN: I'm counting on it!

Drops him.

:rock

Back