Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That growling Batman voice is fine when used sparingly like in Begins, but when he goes into full speeches it does get obnoxious.

That growling Batman voice is fine when used sparingly like in Begins, but when he goes into full speeches it does get obnoxious.

Well, he used it throughout Begins so it was consistent. It's a continuity thing. If he had started changing voice intonations people would bich about that. But in some scenes it could have been projected better.

I thought the tribute at the end was odd. I was expecting it after "The Dark Knight" came on the screen, not almost a minute after. It was a pretty much a blink and you'll miss it, too.

Just saw this at Imax. Best movie I have seen in a long time. I was completely enthralled from the minute it started until the final credits. Can't wait to see it again. :rock :rock :rock

I saw it today, and I really liked it. Just a couple things...

1. Scarecrow was (arguably) the main villian in BB and the fact he only got 5 minutes of screen time, I thought was lame. They should of had him play more of a role or actually just left him out altogether. He deserved better.

2. I missed Katie Holmes as Rachel. Rachel's death would of had more of an impact if it was Katie in the role still, for me anyway. Gyllenhaal just didn't connect with Bale the same way.

Also, did Batman choose to save Dent over Rachel? I got confused there. Or, did he tell Gordon to save Rachel? Or did the Joker give the opposite addresses?

Heath Ledger was excellent as the Joker. He is the definitive Joker in my opinion.

Overall, I give it a solid 8 out of 10. And, I think I like it just as much as Iron Man. I'll see it again at IMAX next weekend. And, hopefully absorb more of it. But, as of now I liked Batman Begins more.

Finally, I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this or not. But, I am pretty sure that the inmate who threw the detonator off the ship is ZEUS (aka Tiny Lister) from the old WWF days, the movie with Hulk Hogan "No Holds Barred", and Deebo from "Friday"...

zeus-1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Saw this on another board, its from the Concept Artwork of the Dark Knight book. Its a concept of the Joker! Wow! Texas Chainsaw meets Joker? I kinda like it. Would have loved to see what they would have done with it!

jokerconcept.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

I think some of the story was cut out. This film actually should have been TWO full movies, so it wouldn't have been so compressed.

Wow! Saw this on another board, its from the Concept Artwork of the Dark Knight book. Its a concept of the Joker! Wow! Texas Chainsaw meets Joker? I kinda like it. Would have loved to see what they would have done with it!

jokerconcept.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Yeah, from what I read over at SHH, WB wanted it a bit toned down. They probaly wanted little to no blood too. I love WB.

Also, did Batman choose to save Dent over Rachel? I got confused there. Or, did he tell Gordon to save Rachel? Or did the Joker give the opposite addresses?

Joker lied, vice versa.

I'm glad they didn't go overboard with Joker's grin, I was a bit concerned when I saw the first pictures of Joker. So I don't know if I could have sat through the movie if Joker's mouth looked like that. And I'm glad they didn't really show any blood. I think sometimes scenes can be handled just fine without it. For instance the scene when Joker had the knife in that one guys mouth telling the "why so serious" story, they could have shown him cutting the guys face, but I think the way they did it was just fine.

I read this on another forum.

People I've said the Riddler too have wondered why, what could he do? Well, the answer is this:

The source of the Riddler's need to leave clues and riddles at the scenes of his crimes was two-fold. One: To prove that he's the smartest man in the battle. Way above the cops, and above Batman. Two: He is compelled to tell and seek the truth. A lie is a puzzle, a riddle unto itself. He can not lie, and he can not resist a puzzle.

Now what does that mean: Well:

In the movie, Batman and Gordon agree to cover up Dent's crimes as Two-Face by pinning them on Batman. A lie. The Riddler's main threat to Gotham, aside from his crimes? Letting Gordon and Batman know that he knows, and he's perfectly willing to reveal it to the people of the city, undo all the good Dent did.
Sounds like a good idea.

Christ, that Joker concept is terrifying. Looks like teeth.

The Batvoice. I bit overdone and even sounded processed. It was hard to understand him at times. However I had no problem with him using the voice while alone with Fox. Batman is a frame of mind for Bruce, there is no way for him to seperate the voice from the suit.

The sonar thingie. No point to this at all except to give Lucius a point of contention with Bruce. It also played to the theme of having checks and balances on morality - Bruce let Lucius be his conscious in this case. But it still seemed tacked on and the actual device didn't add much to the movie.

The voice bothered me when I first heard it in Begins but I've come to really like it. I think you're right when you say it is processed... I think they're putting some of it in the subwoofers. Noticed it when I was watching the BB BluRay and I imagine they do the same thing in DK.

I loved the sonar thing because of the rift it drove between Fox and Batman. It really showed another moral code Batman was willing to break. I think it was a reference to phone tapping etc. that we're experiencing right now. It's also tied to a theme that has been in the Batman myth since Dark Knight Returns where Bruce toys with certain fascist ideals. Is it okay to become a fascist if you're doing it to protect people? A theme also raised by Dent when he is a dinner with Bruce and Rachel. Romans used to welcome dictators in times of need.

Bruce needed to find Joker and Dent as fast as possible and basically tapping everyones phone at the same time was the best way to do it. I love that in the end we're not sure that Fox will ever forgive Bruce.

I also noticed that no one posted on the reporter. You know Anthony Michael Hall! I don't even think he has his license Lisa!

The Art of Dark Knight book was on sale at the Arclight even though Amazon says it isn't available yet.

I picked it up and it is GREAT. It's got the shooting script in screenplay format and it makes for a great read. So fun do check moments that breezed by.

It also details the creation of the new suit, Batpod, Joker, Etc. Funny that the new suit was supposed to be quicker and lighter but that in reality the costume is heavier than the original.

Art of Dark Knight

In the script, by the way, it says at Dent is definitely dead and that his neck is broken. That's not to say that they couldn't change since the end of the film was a touch vague.

Dent was the more important target.

The Art of Dark Knight book was on sale at the Arclight even though Amazon says it isn't available yet.

I ordered it today from the new Borders.com site (at 40% off ) and it is listed as "usually ships within 24 hours."

Finally, I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this or not. But, I am pretty sure that the inmate who threw the detonator off the ship is ZEUS (aka Tiny Lister) from the old WWF days, the movie with Hulk Hogan "No Holds Barred", and Deebo from "Friday"...

Don't forget that he was the President in The Fifth Element.

Dent was the more important target.

Yes, but Batman told Gordon he was going after Rachel. Joker lied because he wanted him to lose the person he'd choose first.

The bat sonar thing was cool in how they found the Joker with it. But I really didn't like him using it as a way to see in the final battle. Too Daredevil for me. I did like that it gave him white eyes tho. :D

Maybe this has been brought up, but anyone notice how Harvey was looking at Nurse Joker and could totally see the white face but didn't react until he took off the mask? "Hmmm, that nurse has white makeup and rotting eyeshadow...wait, it's the Joker!!!"

Even with that the hospital scene was probably my favorite of the entire movie.

Also, I was really surprised where they took the story in the end. I find it very interesting that they chose what they saw as right for the city over the truth. That should lead to some interesting problems in the third one.

One of which being that everyone knows that the acountant/lawyer/whatever he was knows Batman's true id, and now that the entire city thinks he's a cop killer they'll want him to expose Bats.

I agree with the sentiment that this is going to be really hard (impossible?) to top. But I'm really looking forward to 3 if for no other reason than to see a new Batmobile. :cool:

Back