Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just watched TDK, to be perfectly honest, I think it is overrated. That's not to say I didn't enjoy watching the movie, but it was not a great movie as everything you heard on the media IMHO. (best batman movie, heath oscar nomination...etc,etc) the action sequence, though I feel is better than BB, is still hard to follow and at time just plain boring, the sonar thing is laughable, batman's lit-up eyes thingy make him look more like a power ranger than batman. and what is up with that batman on the bat-pod face off with joker scene? he screams then he crash? then faints? what is BM trying to do? tell joker to get outta the way because he's got no brake on the pod? small nips aside, its a good sequel. and joker was fun to watch.

just watched TDK, to be perfectly honest, I think it is overrated. That's not to say I didn't enjoy watching the movie, but it was not a great movie as everything you heard on the media IMHO. (best batman movie, heath oscar nomination...etc,etc) the action sequence, though I feel is better than BB, is still hard to follow and at time just plain boring, the sonar thing is laughable, batman's lit-up eyes thingy make him look more like a power ranger than batman. and what is up with that batman on the bat-pod face off with joker scene? he screams then he crash? then faints? what is BM trying to do? tell joker to get outta the way because he's got no brake on the pod? small nips aside, its a good sequel. and joker was fun to watch.

I fart in your general direction. :fart

There was a lot less Joker than I was expecting, actually, and a lot more Harvey Dent. Although the Joker's shadow hung over many of the scenes and plot points in which he wasn't directly involved.

What's this I hear about Joker "hidden" in some scenes and Scarecrow dressed as a cop on the ferry?

My favorite looking Batman on screen, is still Clark Bartram from Batman: Dead End.

still_08.jpg

still_11.jpg

072403_batman2.jpg

He embodies what Batman should look like, based on the comics. Strong build,
and a spandex suit. None of the body armor and hi-tech mumbo jumbo.
I'm not saying it is logical, wise, or even makes good sense, but it is the
most faithful to the comic interpretation and look of the character, and to
me appears more intimidating than Bale in the armored and helmeted suit.

Now as far as the best Batman movie, that is hands down TDK.

JS

Last edited:
I missed Katie Holmes as Rachel. Rachel's death would of had more of an impact if it was Katie in the role still, for me anyway. Gyllenhaal just didn't connect with Bale the same way.
i agree. didnt like gyllenhaal's performance one bit. her performance seemed forced like she was trying to be like Holmes too much. the death would have impacted me more if holmes was playing the role. she did such a good job in BB.

My favorite looking Batman on screen, is still Clark Bartram from Batman: Dead End.

still_08.jpg

still_11.jpg

072403_batman2.jpg

He embodies what Batman should look like, based on the comics. Strong build,
and a spandex suit. None of the body armor and hi-tech mumbo jumbo.
I'm not saying it is logical, wise, or even makes good sense, but it is the
most faithful to the comic interpretation and look of the character, and to
me appears more intimidating than Bale in the armored and helmeted suit.

Now as far as the best Batman movie, that is hands down TDK.

JS

Batman: Dead End is so overrated by fanboys. I remember the first time one of my friends saw it and I told him how highly people thought of it and his response was: "That movie was meant to be serious.":lol:lol:lol (and yes I am aware you said it was just your favorite "looking" Batman.)

the gordon death shocked me. at first i thought they were faking but then they told his wife and everything. i was all like, WTF?!?!? then he comes out of nowhere and saves batman and kicks some ass and i was all like, SWEET!!!

the gordon death shocked me. at first i thought they were faking but then they told his wife and everything. i was all like, WTF?!?!? then he comes out of nowhere and saves batman and kicks some ass and i was all like, SWEET!!!

Me too! I was thinking about how it cant be true because theres still some scenes with Gorden they didnt show, but then I thought Nolan may have just added him in there to throw us off....It was a total shock.

One dude yelled "^^^^ YEAH!" when he came back. Oldman was amazing!

i was only kidding. why so serious.

besides, BB is about on the same level as TDK IMO.

The only thing I prefer in Batman Begins over The Dark Knight is the overall atmosphere. I would have liked some rain and some actual bats in this movie. Plus Gotham looked too nice in this film. As an overall film, this movie in my opinion makes Batman Begins look like a piece of ^^^^ and I really like Batman Begins.

I have to agree with you about Batman Dead End... it's a decent short, has some good in it... but it's not the amazing thing that a lot of fanboys make it out to be... at least IMO. The Batman was ok in it, but it really does hammer home the fact that a literal translation of the comics costume would not be believable at all for a Billionaire to be running around at night in. It's not intimidating at all.

Back