Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Can you tell me what happend?"

"Welllllll....Harvey Dent kidnapped me, my sister, and my mama, and was gonna kill us cuz' his girlfriend died or something, then he flipped a coin and said "imma gonna kill you little kids cuz I mad" and then Batman came and pushed him off da roof, then ran away."

"Hmmm.....ok?"

So a question for you guys: Is there anyway that Dent can, plausiby, not be dead? I would really like to see more of Two Face in a Bat-sequel, but it just seems like there are too many potential plot complications to him not being deceased.

First off, what would the Wayne and Gordon do with him? Assuming it isn't a case of "we thought he was dead, but then he recovered and wandered off", which would really strain credulity, what could the screenwriters come up with as to what happens to Dent next?

The only thing that I can come up with that's at all believable would be for Dent to be left comatose and hospitalized, then recover at a later time. They certainly could not let him roam about freely.

So, as much as I hate to say it, I'm betting he's actually going to be dead.

The ending is just incredible. And the heroic theme in the music coming back at the end made it perfect.

Just like the end of Batman Begins, on the rooftop.

Gordon: I never got to say thank you
Batman: And you'll never have to

And this time:

Gordon: Thank you
Batman: You don't have to thank me

You already see the trust that Gordon has for Batman.

- Giving Batman first dibs at the crime scenes

- Having the Bat-signal on and waiting for him and yet, understanding if he doesn't show up because "hopefully he's busy"

- Allowing Batman to interrogate Joker (I wonder how long Batman was waiting in the shadows)

Good stuff, good stuff.

So a question for you guys: Is there anyway that Dent can, plausiby, not be dead? I would really like to see more of Two Face in a Bat-sequel, but it just seems like there are too many potential plot complications to him not being deceased.

First off, what would the Wayne and Gordon do with him? Assuming it isn't a case of "we thought he was dead, but then he recovered and wandered off", which would really strain credulity, what could the screenwriters come up with as to what happens to Dent next?

The only thing that I can come up with that's at all believable would be for Dent to be left comatose and hospitalized, then recover at a later time. They certainly could not let him roam about freely.

So, as much as I hate to say it, I'm betting he's actually going to be dead.

He was breathing. It is very, very subtle though. Could still go either way at this point, but with Ledger's death, they might need to shift over with Two-face. It would make a great story with Two-face comming back and destroying Dent's legacy and the trust in the police force, thus allowing Batman to return to the light in their eyes.

Personally, I would almost rather Dent actually be dead. With the story they fashioned, I can't see him wanting to continue as he is. I can't imagine Nolan's Two Face going on a crime spree or anything. The only thing I would be behind, would be a The Long Halloween story.... Where Dent starts taking out criminals himself, and bad cops.. But I don't know if it would really work.

I honestly think that the next film would do best to deal with a few issues that could aid in the use of more awesome villains. Batman would be at that point very much at home being who he is, deep into his work. Why not do a GOOD Mr. Freeze story, while dealing with Bruce losing himself to the Batman. Freeze is the ultimate workaholic. He pushed himself too hard to save his Wife and bad things happened.. He takes revenge on the company he worked at, for taking away his funding and ruining his chance at healing his Wife... so he turns to crime to fund it, and in doing so is an example for what Batman can never be. Giving Bruce some perspective on how to find balance in his life and do his job well. You could also throw Riddler in there if you wanted, no need for a big backstory for him... just a vain guy who wants to be in the big leagues... obsessed with the need to be recognized for his crimes... he leaves riddles to prove he is smarter than Batman. Easy.

good ideas DA. i like how the joker had no backstory. it worked perfectly. especially when he kept telling different people how he got his scars. which story is correct? we'll never know. why do we always need an origin story for bad guys. it eats up so much film time. a tragic character like freeze would benefit from a good back story but characters like joker, penguin, and the riddler dont need them.

Saw the film today and really liked it.

Heath did an outstanding job.

I really liked how in Batman Begins they set up the next movie by giving you a teaser with the Joker card. I wish they would have given us a small clue to what is instore for the future. we know that Gotham will be traking down batman but other than that we arn't sure of villians.

I was hoping to see two-face but after watching this film I hope that he is infact dead and that they go with another villian.

My first choice would be Mad Hatter but I think Riddler and possibly Penguin could work in this type of realistic series. I do not see Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy fitting in this new Gotham setting.

I love the ending the most, it was indeed tragic and triumphant at the same time.. and I like the fact that batman does not need a "thank you" for his deeds.. as I think he feels that he owes it to his parents to clean up and protect gotham

I really liked how in Batman Begins they set up the next movie by giving you a teaser with the Joker card. I wish they would have given us a small clue to what is instore for the future.

I remeber reading somewhere that that was not a teaser, but alittle homage to the old movie.

I posted this in the Art section...but it cant hurt here...

TWO FACE! My style, so its cartoony!

TwoFACE_edited-1.jpg

Hey....what if Gordon's kid tells the other kids on the playground what happend to Dent?

Exactly. That's just one of the many issues that could come up in the next movie. Not just Gordon's kid, but anyone who saw Harvey walking around or raises questions about it (he obviously wasn't trying to sneak around after he left the hospital). I think that's what makes the ending of this movie so great. Normally you know the hero made the right decision in the end and there is closure. With this movie you don't know how the cover up will end up affecting those involved, and the city.

To me it feels like Gordon and Batman end up making the same mistake they made earlier in the movie. They tried to decide what's right for the city themselves (by completely backing Dent) and it goes very wrong. The same thing could happen again.

I also liked how they (with the sonar scene) explored a little of Batman's paranoia and willingness to break ethical rules in order to "protect" the city. As he says, "I only have one rule." I really don't think that he destroyed the sonar program, or if he did, he'll make another and just not tell Lucius.

Man, the more I think about this movie the more I love it.

Exactly. That's just one of the many issues that could come up in the next movie. Not just Gordon's kid, but anyone who saw Harvey walking around or raises questions about it (he obviously wasn't trying to sneak around after he left the hospital). I think that's what makes the ending of this movie so great. Normally you know the hero made the right decision in the end and there is closure. With this movie you don't know how the cover up will end up affecting those involved, and the city.

To me it feels like Gordon and Batman end up making the same mistake they made earlier in the movie. They tried to decide what's right for the city themselves (by completely backing Dent) and it goes very wrong. The same thing could happen again.

I also liked how they (with the sonar scene) explored a little of Batman's paranoia and willingness to break ethical rules in order to "protect" the city. As he says, "I only have one rule." I really don't think that he destroyed the sonar program, or if he did, he'll make another and just not tell Lucius.

Man, the more I think about this movie the more I love it.

Yeah. All this stuff is what keeps the movie spinning in my head instead of being able to to just dismiss it.

Bruce and Gordon make a lot of tough choices in this movie... because their task is so difficult, you're not sure if they are right or wrong but they have to live with their decisions nonetheless.

Well, it's like the Joker says, things have been changed forever, there's not turning back. Gordon, Dent and Batman all made choices for the sake of helping Gotham, and each must embrace the consequences of that choice and can either embrace and do what they must inspite of things, or forsake it and suffer the consequences, which was Harvey's fate, he embraced the dark instead of continuing to do what he had been despite the fate of him and Rachel. Gordon and Batman know if they don't persevere, the city is lost, so they vow to do what must be done and believe in a better Gotham.

So, is it clear that Nolan and Bale are doing Batman 3? There was some talk about Bale being out if Robin was going to be in it, but that's all I've read.

Nolan hasn't said anything yay nor nay that I've caught, I think he just wants to let TDK exist and not worry about going on just yet. He said with Begins, even though he threw the Joker card in at the end, he wasn't thinking about a sequel at the time and that it was awhile after the release that TDK started to form. Like Begins, this film is done so if it ends, it can be satisfying but if it continues it won't be cheesy either. I think Nolan's found the perfect way to setup a sequel where you can have one or not and either way it works, you're not too bummed if you don't get it, and if it's made, it doesn't feel forced and pointless.

Back