Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this in the Art section...but it cant hurt here...

TWO FACE! My style, so its cartoony!

TwoFACE_edited-1.jpg

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

So a question for you guys: Is there anyway that Dent can, plausiby, not be dead? I would really like to see more of Two Face in a Bat-sequel, but it just seems like there are too many potential plot complications to him not being deceased.

First off, what would the Wayne and Gordon do with him? Assuming it isn't a case of "we thought he was dead, but then he recovered and wandered off", which would really strain credulity, what could the screenwriters come up with as to what happens to Dent next?

The only thing that I can come up with that's at all believable would be for Dent to be left comatose and hospitalized, then recover at a later time. They certainly could not let him roam about freely.

So, as much as I hate to say it, I'm betting he's actually going to be dead.

I think we'll find him alive and safely tucked away in a secure wing at Arkham Asylum if there is a third film. Perhaps we'll even get a glimpse of Joker in his own cell too, along with a few other Rogues (Mr. Zsasz and Scarecrow spring to mind.)

I think they left the door open for Harvey but it certainly seemed like he was dead. They seemed to be talking about him as if he was dead but at the same time they made a point of showing that falling from a moderate height wouldn't kill someone earlier in the movie. I hope he's alive, he was my favorite character.

Well the key thing about treating him like he's dead is because that's how they want things in the public eye.

Batman is taking responsibility for every crime committed by Two-Face, Gotham and the world will not know about Two-Face, only Harvey Dent who suffered tragic burns and will likely be treated as dead.

The way it was done, which is clever use of the duality of the character, he can return for a third film, or he can be dead in this one, whichever way they want to go with things. If they play him living, he'll be locked away at Arkham or somewhere with few folks knowing his whereabouts and such.

Whatever scenario, the point was to leave the credibility of Harvey dent as Gotham's White Knight and keep the momentum of cleaning up Gotham, Batman knew if people found what Harvey had turned to, they'd lose hope because the most noble man in town had turned to a dangerous villain.

Whatever scenario, the point was to leave the credibility of Harvey dent as Gotham's White Knight and keep the momentum of cleaning up Gotham, Batman knew if people found what Harvey had turned to, they'd lose hope because the most noble man in town had turned to a dangerous villain.

Which would make a great story for the third film. Two-Face ruins Harvey's reputation and Batman has to step up and become the Hero Gotham needs. :rock

Which would make a great story for the third film. Two-Face ruins Harvey's reputation and Batman has to step up and become the Hero Gotham needs. :rock

Regardless of Two-Face being part or not, if Nolan makes a third act, that's where it's going. Batman is no longer the a-hole that brought on the escalation, but in everyone's eyes, he becomes the savior of the city, they all realize what he truly sacrifices and does for them and Bruce embraces that it his life, he's not a wife and kids man, but Batman until he can no longer do it because Gotham will always need him.

Dent would be hidden at Arkham not to mention that he blamed losing himself and everything he had with losing Rachel. I have a feeling that if he were alive which many think he is that he wouldn't go by Harvey Dent at all just Two-Face. He'd have to be absolutely hidden though because he still looks like Harvey, my guess is that if he is the third villain in the Batman Trilogy that he'd be focused on completing his justice flips with Gordon and that he'd be performing shadow terrorist styled acts to keep Batman busy and allow him to get closer to Gordon.

Regardless of Two-Face being part or not, if Nolan makes a third act, that's where it's going. Batman is no longer the a-hole that brought on the escalation, but in everyone's eyes, he becomes the savior of the city, they all realize what he truly sacrifices and does for them and Bruce embraces that it his life, he's not a wife and kids man, but Batman until he can no longer do it because Gotham will always need him.

I dislike this actually. Batman is more than a hero, he is a legend and he can't be the celebrated Spider-manesque hero like he was in Spider-Man 3...he needs to be at odds with the Police Force except for Gordon and he needs to maintain that feel of being almost supernatural to keep the standard criminals in line and focus on the Supervillains.

Dent would be hidden at Arkham not to mention that he blamed losing himself and everything he had with losing Rachel. I have a feeling that if he were alive which many think he is that he wouldn't go by Harvey Dent at all just Two-Face. He'd have to be absolutely hidden though because he still looks like Harvey, my guess is that if he is the third villain in the Batman Trilogy that he'd be focused on completing his justice flips with Gordon and that he'd be performing shadow terrorist styled acts to keep Batman busy and allow him to get closer to Gordon.

Which leads to something that supports him being offed in TDK.

In this movie, Harvey's life is full circle. Two-Face was not a villain to the city, just a man bent on righting some wrongs he couldn't cope with any other way, and died tragically to that end, so that arc is complete.

However, you can easily add to his story arc by changing the character in lockup or whatever post TDK events happen, where he is no longer just bent on vengeance against the wrongs done to him, but on attacking everything more like the old cartoons and such.

I think it's a credit to Nolan and his writing team how they handled the character, and the duality of him really lends to being able to end his story or continue it if done right, which they have. People will accept whatever course a third film suggests for Harvey, dead or alive.

if harvey survived and is tucked away at arkham or some island paradise owned by BW, then its pretty much kidnapping and wrongful imprisonment. I dont have a problem with batman doing that, but for gordon to be involved in that its kinda hard to swallow. besides, how long they gonna do that? till 2 face dies of old age? kinda a cold way to treat a once friend and comrade. for dents sake I hope he's dead.

The old friend and comrade is the comics/cartoon/Batman Forever type of thing. Harvey and Bruce were never friends in fact two sides of a love triangle and a means to an end of being Batman for Bruce. You have to remove the old baggage to look at this correctly. Him being in Arkham isn't kidnapping, Harvey has lost it, he was broken. Gordon even says it, he kidnapped Gordon's family, killed 5 people apparently (I only counted three, Maroni in the accident, his driver shot and the cop) not sure who else and is a raving maniac about justice in an injust time....I'd say that qualifies him for Arkham even if it is tragic.

if harvey survived and is tucked away at arkham or some island paradise owned by BW, then its pretty much kidnapping and wrongful imprisonment. I dont have a problem with batman doing that, but for gordon to be involved in that its kinda hard to swallow. besides, how long they gonna do that? till 2 face dies of old age? kinda a cold way to treat a once friend and comrade. for dents sake I hope he's dead.

He killed 3 confirmed people, 5 by Gordon's speech but editing may have removed a few. Locking away a murder of 3 people isn't injust and saving him face in front of the city is a kind act. Gordon went along with Batman's plan, they both wanted to preserve Harvey's rep for his sake and the city's, they're being friends to him.

He killed 3 confirmed people, 5 by Gordon's speech but editing may have removed a few. Locking away a murder of 3 people isn't injust and saving him face in front of the city is a kind act. Gordon went along with Batman's plan, they both wanted to preserve Harvey's rep for his sake and the city's, they're being friends to him.

4. I think we saw him kill four. The crooked Cop, Maroni's driver and in the crash Maroni and his assistant (who opened the door). I can't confirm the door-opener was in the car, but I don't see why he would open the door and let the car go away leaving him there.

My guess is Rameiz died in one version, but they put the living one in the film and just didn't fix Gordon's line.

Here is a shirt I just made that I will be wearing to SDCC. This was my first run, so I think the second will come out a bit better. :rock

Front:

dsc00385we3.jpg

Back:

dsc00387es8.jpg

Back