Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
155 Million in three days. There will be a third one. Let's just hope Nolan is on board.

Nolan hasn't said anything yay nor nay that I've caught, I think he just wants to let TDK exist and not worry about going on just yet. He said with Begins, even though he threw the Joker card in at the end, he wasn't thinking about a sequel at the time and that it was awhile after the release that TDK started to form. Like Begins, this film is done so if it ends, it can be satisfying but if it continues it won't be cheesy either. I think Nolan's found the perfect way to setup a sequel where you can have one or not and either way it works, you're not too bummed if you don't get it, and if it's made, it doesn't feel forced and pointless.

good points. As much as I'd obviously love another one (there just is so much material) - as you said this one ended perfectly as is.

This is funny, the guy who tried to blackmail Fox's name is named Mister Reese (Mysteries), could end up being the riddler

Did anyone notice in the Hong Kong scene that when he shot the sticky bombs onto the building, he was shooting at a downward angle and then when he jumps off the crown-topped building he ends up flying right into the crown-topped bulding window, right below himself???

Whats up with that?? Just about the only mistake I saw. Did anyone else notice that? Or were there 2 crown-topped buildings??

Okay, this is driving me crazy but for those who have seen it more than once, who were the 5 deaths that Batman takes responsibilty for?

Ones we know:

Wuertz
Maroni
Maroni's driver

I don't think he killed Ramirez because she won the coin toss even though he clobbered her on the head.

Was Gordon wrong? Did he know more than we did?

Ideas?

There are quite a few unanswered questions in this movie.

-How Gordon faked his death
-How Bruce somehow used a fingerprint to get to a room overlooking the funeral
-How Joker escaped from the interrogation room
-Whatever happened to Lau
-WHY BATMAN DIDNT GO BACK AFTER JOKER IN PENTHOUSE
-How did Maroni and associates get released, now in nightclub
-How Harvey escapes hospital
-Why Harvey shoots driver
-How did Harvey escape flipped car, what happens to Maroni
-They showed Tumbler completely exploding, then it is intact entirely for him to escape in pod
-How was Joker loading thousands of places with barrels of explosives

All minor details, but details that people want answered none the less.

He just had people in on it with him. He needed to protect his family, and that's the plan they came up with.

Because Bruce tells Alfred to cross check the database with the 5 names he had up and look for an address that overlooks that street. Alfred is then calling it out to him when Bruce is on his way up the elevator.

You see the broken glass above his head when he's sitting on the ground. That glass is there from when Batman smashed his head into it. When he walks out with the guy he's got a piece of glass up to his neck.

Joker get's him out of the cell and you see him tied up on top of the huge pile of cash the Joker burns.

Probably a cut scene

You hear Dent talking to the mayor about this. How only the low level criminals would be held up and that all the big wigs would be the only ones that would be able to afford to post Bale. He then tells the mayor, "Think about all you could do in 18 months with clean streets."

Joker gave him the gun and helped give him the gentle nudge to go out and start some chaos

He flipped his coin and the guy was unlucky

He put his seat belt on before he shoots the driver. Maroni didn't. I'm guessing Harvey just crawled out and Maroni is dead.

-They showed Tumbler completely exploding, then it is intact entirely for him to escape in pod

I didn't see the Tumbler explode at all. I saw the RPG explode on it causing it to flip and careen out of control.

He wasn't. He was having the mob guys doing all the grunt work

All minor details, but details that people want answered none the less

All minor details, but details that people want answered none the less.

Bullet Proof Vest
Made sense at the time but now I forget/don't know.
Once he had a knife to the cop they wouldn't just leave them both in there.
He burned with the money (tho I thought it was wierd we didn't hear him scream)
Good Question
Bail
Joker let him go
The coin said so
Another good question
Not in the movie I saw
Heh, best question yet. Suspension of disbelief is a wonderful thing I guess.

I didn't see the Tumbler explode at all. I saw the RPG explode on it causing it to flip and careen out of control.

I did see the rear right axle snap off. I mean the tumbler was beat to ^^^^ and had a lot of pieces missing. But the batpod which was concealed under the outer structure of the Tumbler was secure.

Did anyone notice in the Hong Kong scene that when he shot the sticky bombs onto the building, he was shooting at a downward angle and then when he jumps off the crown-topped building he ends up flying right into the crown-topped bulding window, right below himself???

Whats up with that?? Just about the only mistake I saw. Did anyone else notice that? Or were there 2 crown-topped buildings??

Does anyone have an answer to this one??

Nolan hasn't said anything yay nor nay that I've caught, I think he just wants to let TDK exist and not worry about going on just yet. He said with Begins, even though he threw the Joker card in at the end, he wasn't thinking about a sequel at the time and that it was awhile after the release that TDK started to form. Like Begins, this film is done so if it ends, it can be satisfying but if it continues it won't be cheesy either. I think Nolan's found the perfect way to setup a sequel where you can have one or not and either way it works, you're not too bummed if you don't get it, and if it's made, it doesn't feel forced and pointless.

Threading on dangerous ground here. Nolan has said before (which I think I've read in articles etc) that he will not do a sequel unless he can top the movie before it. The majority give TDK good and favourable reviews, Nolan is going to be under tremendous pressure for the 3rd movie. How is he going to top what many people are already calling a fantasic movie.

Personally I would want a 3rd film, no doubt about it. It just got me wondering. I like how someone (sorry, can't remember who you were!) likened this whole thing to the 3 acts/parts of a magic trick like in "The Prestige".

Nolan hasn't done a sequel to any other movie before this, and now, thinking about a 3rd movie. Is he breaking his own rule? :D Maybe he does have something already planned up his sleeve. Is he going to push himself further?

Maybe like Gordon says "he can take it"..... Let's wait and see :D

In the meantime, I'm going to watch it again on Wednesday (only 2nd viewing), and then Hellboy II: The Golden Army after that. Movie Marathon! Got the week off work so its all good :banana

p/s:

I wanted to post this in the TDK thread but thought it could be spoilers because I saw some people discussing the differences between actual scenes in the movie and what we saw in the trailers and TV spots.

Was there ever a point in the movie where the Joker says "Good evening, Commisioner" followed by the lip-smacking and the neck "cracking"? I don't remember it in the movie.

Last edited:
Threading on dangerous ground here. Nolan has said before (which I think I've read in articles etc) that he will not do a sequel unless he can top the movie before it. The majority give TDK good and favourable reviews, Nolan is going to be under tremendous pressure for the 3rd movie. How is he going to top what many people are already calling a fantasic movie.

Personally I would want a 3rd film, no doubt about it. It just got me wondering. I like how someone (sorry, can't remember who you were!) likened this whole thing to the 3 acts/parts of a magic trick like in "The Prestige".

Nolan hasn't done a sequel to any other movie before this, and now, thinking about a 3rd movie. Is he breaking his own rule? :D Maybe he does have something already planned up his sleeve. Is he going to push himself further?

Maybe like Gordon says "he can take it"..... Let's wait and see :D

In the meantime, I'm going to watch it again on Wednesday (only 2nd viewing), and then Hellboy II: The Golden Army after that. Movie Marathon! Got the week off work so its all good :banana

p/s:

I wanted to post this in the TDK thread but thought it could be spoilers because I saw some people discussing the differences between actual scenes in the movie and what we saw in the trailers and TV spots.

Was there ever a point in the movie where the Joker says "Good evening, Commisioner" followed by the lip-smacking and the neck "cracking"? I don't remember it in the movie.

Yes, when gordon goes into the into the interrogation room, right before Batman goes in.

Yeah this movie would be hard to top, I personally don't think he can make a better Batman movie, everything alighted perfectly for this one. The third one won't be nearly as good, but if it is , WOW!

Wasn't the same building. Why/how could he have gotten onto the top of the building he is breaking into without Lao knowing? I think the buildings are just similar in design.

It was the same building. Batman was flying around in a circle to gain momentum to crash through the window. Had he just jumped down and in he'd bounce off not to mention he was probably assuming that a man like Lau would have bulletproof or tempered glass that'd need more force than anything to get through.

So, is it clear that Nolan and Bale are doing Batman 3? There was some talk about Bale being out if Robin was going to be in it, but that's all I've read.

Nolan, Bale, Freeman, Oldman and Caine are all signed on for three movies. Bale has said that he'd continue playing Batman for the rest of his life, he loves the character and as long as they'd have him he'd do it. Nolan on the other hand has said once his contract is met that he'd be done with the franchise. Since he is already wary about doing a third and he is contractually linked to one already I think its a safe bet that once Batman III is completed he'll be gone.

Back