Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As cool as it was, it wasn't very realistic. If they went a more realistic route it would have looked more horrifying. Maybe even haunting IMO. Also, less CGI, too.

Probably would have given me nightmares compared to what they did go with. :horror

Yes, I agree. It also seems that the gas wouldn't have burned him that bad. If I was Bats, I would have been slapping his face like crazy trying to put out the flames.

The reason I know that, is the final few seconds the BAAA BUUHHHHH BAAAAAA.....reminds me of Hellrasier, or something, I love it.

Its not the chase with the Batpod...I didnt hear ANY music there....so I guess its Bruce when he's driving through the city in his car....very meh moment for such a fantastic score....ah well.

Two-Face is a tricky look. I think they wanted to be faithful to the horrible look cartoons, comics and such have built for his look.

I think his burn was comparable to Anakin is Revenge of the Sith, and the only elements of his scarring I thought made it seem a bit unrealistic were the more fully exposed eye and the tendons and ligaments of his mouth. If it had just been chareed as bad as the rest of what they did, would have been fine. I know the eye at least was to capture the comic style look, but with all his other wounds being skin and superficial, seems unrealistic having muscle tissue around his eyes and mouth burnt away and even some bone showing. Overall though, I think it still works fine, it's nit pickable, but it's not so far-fetched looking that you can't watch it and not be distracted by it; you only pick up on it when you critique the movie, but just watching it as is, you just see a cool, living character.

Yes, I agree. It also seems that the gas wouldn't have burned him that bad. If I was Bats, I would have been slapping his face like crazy trying to put out the flames.
You guys are just nitpicking. I thought it looked amazing and extremely natural. It was some of the best CGI/make up effects I've ever seen. It was both faithful to the look in the comics as well as fitting well into Nolan's universe.

You guys are just nitpicking. I thought it looked amazing and extremely natural. It was some of the best CGI/make up effects I've ever seen. It was both faithful to the look in the comics as well as fitting well into Nolan's universe.

Hardly, never knew red skull had a brother.

IMO, The best scene with two face was when Dent had Ronan tied to the chair, and brought out the coin to decide his fate (life/death), for at that point, we saw the imergence of his other personality big bad harv/Two-Face.

Hardly, never knew red skull had a brother.
When I think of Two Face, I think big eye, exposed teeth, and nasty skin condition. Check, check and check. There have been man interpretations over the years, and those have all been consistant. Anyway, you have to admit, it was better than half of Tommy Lee Jones with a pink rash.

Okay, this is driving me crazy but for those who have seen it more than once, who were the 5 deaths that Batman takes responsibilty for?

Ones we know:

Wuertz
Maroni
Maroni's driver

I don't think he killed Ramirez because she won the coin toss even though he clobbered her on the head.

Was Gordon wrong? Did he know more than we did?

Ideas?

I don't see how Batman would take the fall for the comissioner and the judge. Those were Joker's not Two-Face's. Copy cat Batman too since he was killed before Joker even issued the unmask yourself ultimatum.

Commisoner Loeb
Brian (AKA copycat Batman)
Judge Cerillo
the two cops whose last names are Harvey and Dent (Thomas Dent? and Patrick Harvey) I forgot the first names

Batman wouldn't take the fall for them, it was clearly known the Joker was responsible, the deaths he offered to take the fall for were ones at the hands of Harvey, he didn't want his name damaged in the eyes of Gotham. Gotham hated Batman, adding to their hate wouldn't change things for him, and taking the heat would salvage Harvey's reputation and leave him as Gotham's white knight and continue to inspire. Batman made the sacrifice to be the outcast, to protect a city that despises him, to be on the run, to put everything ahead of himself. TDK was about Bruce truly becoming Batman and embracing the life it entails. He lost the woman he loved, he's lost hope for a normal life, and by the end, he sees all the purposes Batman must serve to do Gotham best, and that means being a true outlaw while still fighting crime.

Batman wouldn't take the fall for them, it was clearly known the Joker was responsible, the deaths he offered to take the fall for were ones at the hands of Harvey, he didn't want his name damaged in the eyes of Gotham. Gotham hated Batman, adding to their hate wouldn't change things for him, and taking the heat would salvage Harvey's reputation and leave him as Gotham's white knight and continue to inspire. Batman made the sacrifice to be the outcast, to protect a city that despises him, to be on the run, to put everything ahead of himself. TDK was about Bruce truly becoming Batman and embracing the life it entails. He lost the woman he loved, he's lost hope for a normal life, and by the end, he sees all the purposes Batman must serve to do Gotham best, and that means being a true outlaw while still fighting crime.

AH, ok. Yeah, I was confusing myself too thinking about it now. Sorry:eek:

Who were the two cops then? Wuertz and ?

AH, ok. Yeah, I was confusing myself too thinking about it now. Sorry:eek:

Who were the two cops then? Wuertz and ?

Ramirez.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

I think he could be blamed for the deaths of Harvey and Dent since he could have revealed his identity.

NEGATIVES

-RACHEL DAWES: Looking back, I have to put her here too. I was never attached to the character. I was surprised to see her die, but I didn't care. I cared more for Harvey though and it was interesting to see her death contribute to his descent. I also wish Maggie was cast in the first place instead of Holmes.

I agree with this. The character was highly based on the viewer already seeing the first film. Also it took me about half the movie before I figured out it was the Katie Holmes character from the first film. Oops. :banghead

As great as this movie was, I thought the most powerful part was the last 5 minutes.

The relationship between Gordon and Batman that Bale and Oldman are creating is just really touching and I enjoy any scene with them together, but that last one was just so powerful. Gordon embracing Batman totally, no longer worried about what Batman being in Gotham means, like escalation, but just embracing him as their savior, and Batman embracing his destiny, combine that emotion with the visuals of the batpod ride and it's just amazing, I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it, it had me pumped leaving the theater.

Yeah, I can buy Ramirez but it's a little disappointing if he did kill her since he let the Joker go when he won his coin toss.

That still leaves one more and it cannot be a cop since he says two cops?

Can we assume that Dent is the last one? He did die as a result of Batman knocking him over the edge.

I guess Gordon says 5 deaths they cannot sweep under the rug.

As great as this movie was, I thought the most powerful part was the last 5 minutes.

The relationship between Gordon and Batman that Bale and Oldman are creating is just really touching and I enjoy any scene with them together, but that last one was just so powerful. Gordon embracing Batman totally, no longer worried about what Batman being in Gotham means, like escalation, but just embracing him as their savior, and Batman embracing his destiny, combine that emotion with the visuals of the batpod ride and it's just amazing, I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it, it had me pumped leaving the theater.

Totally. Could not agree more. People will talk about Heath but this is the scene I loved the most as well.

Back