Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome Munch! I love the little blood spaters and the card on the back is cool. In black it would be even more killer!

Was the pencil sharpened in the movie?? I thought it wasn't. That's how he stood it up. Either way, ^^^^^in' shirt!

That's awesome Munch! I love the little blood spaters and the card on the back is cool. In black it would be even more killer!

And the pencil wasn't sharpened.

Thanks, but the problem with Iron-ons is that they don't work well on Dark Colors. I originally tried on a purple shirt and nothing showed up.

As for the sharpened penicl, there aren't many unsharpened pencil clip arts that would work ;)

This answers Two-Face.

Can you tell us anything about how the Harvey Dent or Two-face makeup worked? Because Aaron didn't want to talk about it.

Christopher Nolan: Oh yeah? Well, the thing I will say which, depending who your audience is, certainly for film sophisticates, if you like, it's very apparent that it's done primarily using computer graphics. And that was a choice I made because I wanted the look to be so extreme as to be a little bit fanciful. When we looked at doing sculpts of the look, you know, in clay, of Aaron's face and how it would look degraded in different ways, uh, the more subtle the mutilation, the more horrible and depressing it was somehow, and it's the one area of the film where I felt that being a little more fanciful, being a little bit less uh, less real, realistic I should say, and having just a lot of interesting sculptural detail in it for the audience to look at, have a morbid fascination with--that was the term we were looking for. We don't want people to, you know, we don't want them throwing up their popcorn and we don't want them looking away from the screen. We want them to be able to engage with his character. So we wanted it to be a little bit fanciful.

After what I said, yeah, I have to agree.

Thanks, but the problem with Iron-ons is that they don't work well on Dark Colors. I originally tried on a purple shirt and nothing showed up.

As for the sharpened penicl, there aren't many unsharpened pencil clip arts that would work ;)

Have you tried the dark iron ons? I saw at Staples Iron on transfers that were made specifically for dark shirts...the examples were done on a Navy with black and greys that showed up....

Regarding the Tumbler - after he pulls away on the batpod he hits a switch and the Tumbler blows up. I thought that was pretty obvious.

From Goyer's statement that they have a theme and a villian in mind for the 3rd film implies to me that it's NOT Two-Face.

If "Fear" is the theme of Batman Begins and "Escalation" for TDK - what would be a perfect theme for 3?

Have you tried the dark iron ons? I saw at Staples Iron on transfers that were made specifically for dark shirts...the examples were done on a Navy with black and greys that showed up....

I saw some but they were like $12 for three pages, which is what these took. I got a pack of 10 for $10. So I guess you get what you pay for, but I already have SO many black shirts as it is.

Plus the Joker card would so up black since the printer won't pick up the slight yellowish tint on the back of the card.

Hey Buttmunch, did you see this shirt

1416382-3-jokers-magic-trick.jpg

https://www.redbubble.com/products/configure/4805653

From Goyer's statement that they have a theme and a villian in mind for the 3rd film implies to me that it's NOT Two-Face.

If "Fear" is the theme of Batman Begins and "Escalation" for TDK - what would be a perfect theme for 3?

It'll be Redemption as is usually done for these 3 part plays. Since they are carrying the mob thing throughout the last two look for the villain to tie in there. My thoughts is after The Joker has shown how public fear is an amazing tool, villains coming out of the woodworks with their own "personas" is predictable. A realistic version of the Penguin where the Danny DeVito raping of Batman Returns is thrown out and its more along the lines of the modern comic book tellings would suffice or Maybe even The Black Mask who really is sadistic and a mob boss and lives to destroy everything Batman. I could see him working out perfectly. He did try to make Gotham have one unified Mob where he was the head in the comics....

Bat636.jpg

blackmask6lw.jpg

TF05DCDRogueBlackMask3.jpg

Not to mention that Selena Kyle has "killed" The Black Mask twice.....which would be a good in for her to get into this franchise.

catwomakillsblackmask2mn0.jpg

catwomankillsblackmaskqn0.jpg

Knowing Black Mask, he'd find out about Harvey and put it out there that Batman didn't kill just to get Batman to fall by his own hands.

Black Mask would be perfect. Could definitely see him fitting in Nolan-verse, more so than other Bat villains. Might just be me, though.

Here is a shirt I just made that I will be wearing to SDCC. This was my first run, so I think the second will come out a bit better. :rock

Front:

dsc00385we3.jpg

Back:

dsc00387es8.jpg

Wear that to the Dark Knight/Batman panel.

Black Mask won't happen, TG. If Nolan does a 3rd, it will be more of a traditional enemy.

As for Two-Face's 5 killings, it's a bit screwed up. For it's the flip that gives life, or takes it.

The selection of Ras Al Ghul as the first major villain with the Scarecrow as a secondary villain would disagree with you Cloud my friend.

The old friend and comrade is the comics/cartoon/Batman Forever type of thing. Harvey and Bruce were never friends in fact two sides of a love triangle and a means to an end of being Batman for Bruce. You have to remove the old baggage to look at this correctly. Him being in Arkham isn't kidnapping, Harvey has lost it, he was broken. Gordon even says it, he kidnapped Gordon's family, killed 5 people apparently (I only counted three, Maroni in the accident, his driver shot and the cop) not sure who else and is a raving maniac about justice in an injust time....I'd say that qualifies him for Arkham even if it is tragic.

I suppose the friend part is right, but I do see them as comrades fighting the same battle in TDK. Harvey definitly qualifies for arkham/or prison for what he did, but hidden him so no one will know what happen to him is consider kidnapping.

He killed 3 confirmed people, 5 by Gordon's speech but editing may have removed a few. Locking away a murder of 3 people isn't injust and saving him face in front of the city is a kind act. Gordon went along with Batman's plan, they both wanted to preserve Harvey's rep for his sake and the city's, they're being friends to him.

I can see your point that this is a kind act and being a friend to harvey, but in order to preserve his rep they gonna hidden him and take away his freedom is wrong IMO. Even crazy, harvey still deserve his chance to serve whatever punishment he gets and his debt to society, (After all, he killed 1 corrupt cop and a mafia boss and driver for their involvement in crime against him) but this should be determined by the citizens of gotham, not just gordon and batman.

Someone say Black Mask?

dsc00324xx7.jpg

I've thought he would make a good Nolan villian because he hasn't been done and is lesser know like Ra's. Plus he is just a gangster with a mask on. The Mob has been a big part of these films so he would just seem like a natural character to tackle.

Back