Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it doesn't have a Harvey Dent sticker on the chest it ain't worth it. :lol

In all seriousness, I'm interesting in seeing that custom.

I'd gladly put it on if someone could find a good pic of it I could scale down and print out. It was different than all of the viral stuff, but if all else fails, I can try one of those.

:rock :rock :rock :rock

You need to make a custom detonator as well. :lecture

Ooo. That might be a tougher one. Will have to look into it.

Im gonna draw The Joker again, same style as Harvey Two Face. Mabye i'll draw Bats after that....we'll see.

The thing is that Hugo Strange's activities are a little farfetched for Nolan's Gotham.

If you take the entire Batman history yes - but then so are Ra's, Scarecrow's and the Joker's...

Taking Strange from Legends of the Dark Knight purely (which a lot of Nolan's movie seems to be referenced from - i.e. the "Doctor Crane isn't here right now" line) he's very believable.

One of the reasons is that the comic series is a spin off of Millar's Year One, which again (obviously) inspired Nolan's work.

"Lets put a smile on that FACE-A!"

(I liked my Two Face better)

TheJoker.jpg

Agreed. The fact that Jim Gordon's son is getting the spotlight is bad enough. Anyone know whether the son is the Pre Crisis Anthony Gordon or the Post Crisis James Gordon Jr? I never did remember hearing his name....

Jimmy. Barbara and James Gordon have a son and daughter named James and Barbara.

I thought Carrey did a superb job with the Riddler. If anything, it's Bane who needs justice.

I thought Carrey did a great job - but that Riddler would be horribly out of place in Nolan's Gotham.

Jim Carrey was ridiculous as the Riddler as have been 90% of the portrayals of the character. The best portrayal ever was in Loeb's HUSH where he was behind the scenes and his riddles were acted out by other parties. He was calm, cool, collected and waited for Batman to finally figure out that he was moving the pawns around.

Either way, The Riddler wouldn't be effective in Nolan's Gotham. My money is seriously on Black Mask, if you read the character's history and the fact that Nolan/Goyer were already considering the character they tie in perfectly.

It'll be Redemption as is usually done for these 3 part plays. Since they are carrying the mob thing throughout the last two look for the villain to tie in there. My thoughts is after The Joker has shown how public fear is an amazing tool, villains coming out of the woodworks with their own "personas" is predictable. A realistic version of the Penguin where the Danny DeVito raping of Batman Returns is thrown out and its more along the lines of the modern comic book tellings would suffice or Maybe even The Black Mask who really is sadistic and a mob boss and lives to destroy everything Batman. I could see him working out perfectly. He did try to make Gotham have one unified Mob where he was the head in the comics....

Knowing Black Mask, he'd find out about Harvey and put it out there that Batman didn't kill just to get Batman to fall by his own hands.

I've been mentioning Black Mask for quite a while in these threads now, glad to see more people digging the idea.

Along the lines of redemption, I wouldn't be surprised to see Two-Face escaping Arkham and acting as an anti-hero along the lines of Jason Todd in the "Under the Hood" storyline. Black Mask shows up trying to re-unite the mob, Dent struggling with his two face persona, killing criminals and cops alike, and Batman of course, providing the foil for both of them.

I am dying to hear what Goyer has in mind though.

Jimmy. Barbara and James Gordon have a son and daughter named James and Barbara.

I thought Carrey did a great job - but that Riddler would be horribly out of place in Nolan's Gotham.

Gotta make this super fast.

Now that I think about it...

I think Harvey Dent's alter ego should've been saved for the next sequel, thus giving him more character devlopment. If a casual movie goer never read up on him in the comics, he/she wouldn't know that Two Face is a mob boss with multiple personality disorder, an obsession with duality, which wasn't present in the film. Also, another important factor...the origins of how Two Face came to be, such as, his family history of mental issues, and showed streaks of immorality from time to time.Dent using meds to supress these problems.

Hey, don't know if you guys can help.

I saw a site sometime back, maybe weeks ago, of pics from TDK movie. There was a site where it had all these pics from the movie.

I'm looking for a pic where Batman grabs Joker by his coat and drags him over the table in the interrogation room. Anyone has this pic or can tell me where to get it? Thanks.

Anyone have any idea where I can get a 1:1 Joker switchblade? Is it an actual knife that was bought or something they created?

Thanks!

Anyone have any idea where I can get a 1:1 Joker switchblade? Is it an actual knife that was bought or something they created?

Thanks!

Awesome. Found an exact replica of the knife from the film. I even bought four to sell 3 on ebay.

"WanT to KNow hOw I gOT thESE sCars?!?!"

Back