Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$203 million in 5 days?!? Holy mackerel, Batman!

So let's recap - widest release (4,366 theaters), biggest opening weekend ($158.4M), biggest July opener ($158.4M), biggest PG-13 rated opening ($158.4M), biggest single day ($67.2M), biggest opening day ($67.2M), biggest Friday ($67.2M), biggest Sunday ($43.6M) and fastest to $200M in five days ($203.8M).

I don't remember the last time I was so happy for a movie's success. Maybe Hannah Montana or something...

Got this and another Wayne Industries bond from a "viral friend," today. :chew

29767844510115202950gd7.jpg

29767864810115210610xk3.jpg

29767879210115215780cj5.jpg

So very sad that the virals are over :( :monkey2 :(

maybe he'll get killed in the 3rd film, then no one knows besides alfred. Thats what I disliked about the previous Batman films, too many people know who he is.

Back to the TF subject. Sucks he is dead, seen a pic of the text stating he broke his neck in the script. Now we'll have to settle with some sub-par bad guy.

Who the Joker?

Had the day off yesterday and saw it again at a 2:30 showing. The theater was PACKED. 2:30 on a tuesday afternoon. wtf?

All of the night time showings for the IMAX are still sold out in my area for the rest of the week. This is insane!!! Speaking of insane, I will probably watch it AGAIN tomorrow since it's my day off. Plus I'm not at Comic-Con:monkey2

Hoping to see it again soon. INSANE box office for this thing! Amazing too!
I got my Art of DK with screenplay book in today, and have read it all! Now I know every word a bit better, and learned of some missing scenes. Cool stuff!
Anyway, that and listening to the score also, so I am back in mode. Can't believe it has been less than a week....unreal!

I just found out that there was a riot at my home town theater opening night at midnight.:lol Stupid people. They rushed the doors as it opened and caused a big tussle in the lobby and they had to call the police out.

Glad I wasn't there. I would've been hacked if I'd stayed up til midnight for nothing.

I just found out that there was a riot at my home town theater opening night at midnight.:lol Stupid people. They rushed the doors as it opened and caused a big tussle in the lobby and they had to call the police out.

Glad I wasn't there. I would've been hacked if I'd stayed up til midnight for nothing.

"You see- I'll show you... when the chips are down, these civilized people...they'll eat each other."

Glad you missed that tussle! :D

Saw it again tonight - the theatre was packed! I keep reading people wanting more Joker - I want more Two - Face! The way he yells "Look at me!" at Gordon....chilling. I hope they bring him back for the third film, he really was great.

"You see- I'll show you... when the chips are down, these civilized people...they'll eat each other."

Glad you missed that tussle! :D

Yeah...that is kinda ironic. I hope they all felt like idiots when they saw the movie and that part came up.

And if the theater was packed at 2:30 showing on a Tuesday afternoon guess I'm not going tomorrow like I had intended. I hope to one day be rish enough to be able to go see a movie and buy every damn ticket for that showing in advance so I can have the theater to myself.

Saw it again tonight - the theatre was packed! I keep reading people wanting more Joker - I want more Two - Face! The way he yells "Look at me!" at Gordon....chilling. I hope they bring him back for the third film, he really was great.

Over 60% of people polled said they saw it again to see Heath (again.)

Got this and another Wayne Industries bond from a "viral friend," today. :chew

29767844510115202950gd7.jpg

So very sad that the virals are over :( :monkey2 :(

I wish they would have cutomized it with the jokers scribble face. It's just a plain old BB with a thug/clown name. I don't think the virals are 100% over, they may do something for the dvd/Br release.

Thye should bring two face back, because we didn't even see the 'real' depth of Two-Face.
He was more a...dare I say, Venom role. Not talking Dent here, Two face.

I'm going for my third viewing Friday. For me, it's not to see any one part of the movie again, Heath did great, but he doesn't carry the film. It's the collective of all the performances, the visuals, the score, it's just a great package of fun, adrenaline filled entertainment that is addicting.

I spent a good thirty minutes or more on the phone today, trying to explain to someone I knew (not to be named lest they be derided for life) why they need to see this movie now! They were not going to go, they said...doubts.
I am way past all that crap. SEE IT FOLKS!
What more do you need? $200+ million in five days? Packed houses in mid afternoon on weekdays....nuts! It's like 1989 on crack!

I'm going for my third viewing Friday. For me, it's not to see any one part of the movie again, Heath did great, but he doesn't carry the film. It's the collective of all the performances, the visuals, the score, it's just a great package of fun, adrenaline filled entertainment that is addicting.

Well said. :clap

I can't imagine anyone still having doubts about this movie. This many people can't be wrong. Jeez.

I can't imagine anyone still having doubts about this movie. This many people can't be wrong. Jeez.

The movie has it's flaws, and it's not for everyone. I think reviewers have come to make watching a movie too much of a "job" and don't have the kinda fun that the audiences do. Audiences are eating up the fun of this movie, they're not looking for oscar performances or high end editing, if you give them a great rollercoaster, they'll buy a ticket and enjoy that they threw up on the ride, and Nolan's created a film that is thriving off that mentality. This movie taps into just about every emotion you could want a movie to tap into, and that gives it a strong allure to people who are judging it by the experience of seeing it, not critics who pick apart the elements.

Back