Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:banana:banana:banana

Man this movie is doing serious business. It reached $200 million in 5 days, a record!!

https://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7524

Don't know if this has been posted up before but I guess it would be kinda relevant here.

BatmanLosses.jpg

"The night is darkest before the dawn, the dawn is coming"!

Things are going to get worse before they get better :D

Hey, don't know if you guys can help.

I saw a site sometime back, maybe weeks ago, of pics from TDK movie. There was a site where it had all these pics from the movie.

I'm looking for a pic where Batman grabs Joker by his coat and drags him over the table in the interrogation room. Anyone has this pic or can tell me where to get it? Thanks.

It's ok, I managed to locate the picture. I find this picture pretty hilarious actually, Joker being dragged like a rag doll.

Faceoff.jpg

Credit: enewsi.com (put the logo in cause I wanted to crop the picture to remove the enewsi.com logo/watermark but the full effect is lost when part of Joker's limbs are cropped off. And I'm just using MS Paint for the quick fix)

Don't know if this has been posted up before but I guess it would be kinda relevant here.

BatmanLosses.jpg

"The night is darkest before the dawn, the dawn is coming"!

Things are going to get worse before they get better :D

Seeing them all together makes me realize even more now how little Keaton and Clooney look the part of Bruce Wayne.

I saw TDK today, what a boring stupid movie! With some poor acting scattered troughout the movie. Most overrated movie of all time? Well it definately has to be in that contest.The only thing that kept me awake was Heath Ledger who should have been in a worthy batman movie. His Joker did not fit within this movie (a poorly written suit/crime drama) at all, he was almost a surreal character and i liked his performance. So yeah Ledger was good but what else? Bale's bat-voice was even worse here. And that suit i thought it might be ok but it's not, it looks like trash (or catman). Must also be the most uninspiring portrayal of batman ever. Harvey Dent had some of the most poorly written character development i have seen in a long time, totally incoherent. I liked Begins more and that one was mediocre in my opinion. This movie is pretentious, boring, bland, generic and not exhilerating at all. That this movie is considered to be so great by so many people makes me lose my faith in mankind!

Also, this is not batman. In nolan's vision half of the batman universe would be unfit for his "realistic" vision, that should tell you something. Nolan's realism, i would rather call it boringnes.

Last edited:
I saw TDK today, what a boring stupid movie! With some poor acting scattered troughout the movie. Most overrated movie of all time? Well it definately has to be in that contest.The only thing that kept me awake was Heath Ledger who should have been in a worthy batman movie. His Joker did not fit within this movie (a poorly written suit/crime drama) at all, he was almost a surreal character and i liked his performance. So yeah Ledger was good but what else? Bale's bat-voice was even worse here. And that suit i thought it might be ok but it's not, it looks like trash (or catman). Must also be the most uninspiring portrayal of batman ever. Harvey Dent had some of the most poorly written character development i have seen in a long time, totally incoherent. I liked Begins more and that one was mediocre in my opinion. This movie is pretentious, boring, bland, generic and not exhilerating at all. That this movie is considered to be so great by so many people makes me lose my faith in mankind!

Also, this is not batman. In nolan's vision half of the batman universe would be unfit for his "realistic" vision, that should tell you something. Nolan's realism, i would rather call it boringnes.

You really just don't get it do you?

Compare this film with the one in your sig. Talk about bland and drawn out. :eek:

thats why it made 200 mill + in little as 5 days? I'm sorry but about a gazillion other people in the world disagrees with you. so if anything, nothing is wrong with mankind but I don't know about you.

You really just don't get it do you?

You really just don't get that there is nothing to get do you? Try some Tarkovsky if you want to ''get'' anything. This is just a generic hollywood bore.

Compare this film with the one in your sig. Talk about bland and drawn out. :eek:

The one in my sig is fun, non-pretentious and an ode to a vanishing species of apes called gorillas. It's also a miracle that a single CG gorilla has more character than all of TDK's combined.

thats why it made 200 mill + in little as 5 days? I'm sorry but about a gazillion other people in the world disagrees with you. so if anything, nothing is wrong with mankind but I don't know about you.

Wise men have always said the masses are idiots, why do you think nazism flourished? Because masses are idiots.

I find it very hard to believe that you did not have one ounce of enjoyment out of the film. I respect your opinion, though.

Ya, no need to rip on people's opinions. This movie and the Nolan series are not for everyone.

If the man doesn't like it, then he doesn't like it.

WBJoker01.jpg

WHY SO SERIOUS? :D

Good on him too, he won't be facing the same problem like I'm having. Figuring out how I'm gonna pay for the HT figures, plus considering the Tumbler and the Batpod!

Wise men have always said the masses are idiots, why do you think nazism flourished? Because masses are idiots.

I'm not trying to play Devil's Advocate here, but I think this is a pretty asinine thing to say. You mean to tell me, that even the most staunch, pretenious critics, who earn a living nit picking movies that found The Dark Knight brilliant are all wrong. All 95% of the 200+ reviews? Now I've always believed that the majority of crap that Hollywood turns out are for the idiot masses, but those movies are movies like 10,000 B.C., Love Guru, Epic Movie, etc. Movies that are universally despised by critics, but somehow still bring in the box office. How can you possibly say that a movie this successful, and one of the best reviewed movies of the year is for the idiot masses and that you are somehow the only one above it all? I accept it's your opinion, but your quote above is absurd, and 95% of professional critics would agree.

I did, Ledger's Joker was very interesting to me, the rest i didn't enjoy to say the least.

I have to agree with 8th Wonder. The Joker was a breath of fresh air for character acting. His scenes were spell binding. Everything else in this movie was soso.

Batman himself in the movie was ridiculously boring. Bruce Wayne was a tad bit interesting but I really don't like this version of Wayne. Michael Caine was there because he had to be. It was nice seeing Freeman in a bigger role. Dent was very 2d. The mayor should not have been in the film.

Joker was amazing and will not be forgotten for a long time, but part of this fame will be because he was a big fish in a small pond of a film.

professional critics are over-rated. In the end its your own opinion is what matters.

My only issue with most of them is that they're useless for a film goer to assess the likelihood of enjoying a movie. They speak about each movie measured up to some standard and where it falls short or not. If reviews spoke more to the experience of watching the movie and how scenes affect the audience, it'd be more useful, it doesn't do anything for me to read about editing techniques and things like that.

I'm with you Maulfan, I never pay attention to critics because they aren't very good at predicting if I will like the movie or not.

Back