Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a concept for a poster image I came up with while making some with the Hot Toys figures.

concept_poster.jpg

That is an awesome fan poster! Really nice outfit too!

Sucks that Harvey isn't comming back. I suppose it is still possible that Nolan could change his mind since Heath was supposed to go on and Aaron wasn't. He could still flip that. Sounds like Aaron would still want to play Two-face if they asked him to.

Sucks that Harvey isn't comming back. I suppose it is still possible that Nolan could change his mind since Heath was supposed to go on and Aaron wasn't. He could still flip that. Sounds like Aaron would still want to play Two-face if they asked him to.

Aaron was on Kimmel last night and said he even asked Nolan during his contract renogotiations if Harvey was dead and he quoted Nolan telling him

"Harvey is dead" Case closed...

Question now is who does Goyer/Nolan have in mind for the next Villain.

Aaron was on Kimmel last night and said he even asked Nolan during his contract renogotiations if Harvey was dead and he quoted Nolan telling him

"Harvey is dead" Case closed...

Question now is who does Goyer/Nolan have in mind for the next Villain.

Wonder why Nolan is so determined to have Harvey dead? I mean if Heath were still alive, it would be OK, but since he isn't it seems that since Harvey's death was so ambiguious, he shouldn't be so "Harvey is Dead" unless they've got a great idea for Part 3.

I don't think there is any question now that a third film is coming. The only question is will Nolan stick with it or will he pull a Burton on us? Please don't let Michael Bay or anyone else get ahold of this franchise, it could end worse than Shumacher! :horror

I don't think there is any question now that a third film is coming. The only question is will Nolan stick with it or will he pull a Burton on us? Please don't let Michael Bay or anyone else get ahold of this franchise, it could end worse than Shumacher! :horror

Nolan doesn't strike me as the creative team member type to me, I can't see him taking a producer role or anything on this series. If the next Batman film is tied to Nolan's groundwork, he'll either direct or not be involved, I can't see him being part of it unless he's in command.

I don't think there was any ambuguity in Dent's death. His neck was broken and last time we saw him, he was laying lifeless.

And why would Gotham fake his funeral and honor him if he was later to turn up alive? This makes no sense to me...

Dent is dead, make no mistake about it.

And make no mistake that the franchise is firmly in Nolan's hands. He and Goyer have already discussed the theme and Villain for the next Film.

Chris needs time off, then do a few other Films as Aaron said last night. After that WB will expect an answer from him -- after they park a truck loaded with cash in his driveway. I doubt Nolan will turn down the money, knowing that will be enough to secure his Future projects.

I think he may want more from WB as well, some kind of Overall deal beyond Batman. He has the leverage right now and he knows it.

I'd say Nolan's on a roll, 3 great movies in a row, Begins, Prestige and now TDK. Man's one of the better directors working right now.

I'd say Nolan's on a roll, 3 great movies in a row, Begins, Prestige and now TDK. Man's one of the better directors working right now.

Indeed. The biggest hurdle will be his Confidence in any story they may come up with. He will not rush a Story that doesn't rise to the level of the other 2, and this takes time. The good news is David is also involved...

Indeed. The biggest hurdle will be his Confidence in any story they may come up with. He will not rush a Story that doesn't rise to the level of the other 2, and this takes time. The good news is David is also involved...

Absolutely, that's how I know he wasn't entirely committed to a Begins sequel, the quote I read basically said he hadn't been intent on doing a sequel but was open to it with the right story. He likes his visuals, but he's also very much a story-based filmaker and he won't start a 3rd film until he has a story that he's behind fully.

I don't think there was any ambuguity in Dent's death. His neck was broken and last time we saw him, he was laying lifeless.

And why would Gotham fake his funeral and honor him if he was later to turn up alive? This makes no sense to me...

Dent is dead, make no mistake about it.

And make no mistake that the franchise is firmly in Nolan's hands. He and Goyer have already discussed the theme and Villain for the next Film.

Chris needs time off, then do a few other Films as Aaron said last night. After that WB will expect an answer from him -- after they park a truck loaded with cash in his driveway. I doubt Nolan will turn down the money, knowing that will be enough to secure his Future projects.

I think he may want more from WB as well, some kind of Overall deal beyond Batman. He has the leverage right now and he knows it.

The problem was Batman was stopping the Joker from winning, but if Dent is really dead, the Joker DID win in the end. Batman BROKE his one rule! He killed Dent. Sure it was to save Gordon's son, but he could have saved Dent too. But that isn't the point. Batman's one rule is to not kill and he did. The Joker won. Plain and simple.

I viewed the funeral as a memorial to Dent. He is dead to the public, but secretly locked up in Arkham or somewhere to save his reputation as Gotham's White Knight. When he escapes in part three, he would ruin Harvey's reputation and thus allowing Batman to become the hero Gotham needs.

So really, Two-Face really needs to be alive or else how will Batman's reputation ever be cleared?

Maybe I should change my title to say :I Believe Harvey Dent is alive :lol

Harvey is dead. Harvey died as a result of the fall. Batman had to save the kid. It's very simple. I don't understand why people are having trouble grasping it...

The whole "Harvey died, but Two-Face LIVES!" is bull^^^^. Having Harvey dead, but Two-Face live is departing from the "realistic" core of Nolan's films. He doesn't have two lives, and he's not an amoeba. He's a man.

The problem was Batman was stopping the Joker from winning, but if Dent is really dead, the Joker DID win in the end. Batman BROKE his one rule! He killed Dent. Sure it was to save Gordon's son, but he could have saved Dent too. But that isn't the point. Batman's one rule is to not kill and he did. The Joker won. Plain and simple.

I viewed the funeral as a memorial to Dent. He is dead to the public, but secretly locked up in Arkham or somewhere to save his reputation as Gotham's White Knight. When he escapes in part three, he would ruin Harvey's reputation and thus allowing Batman to become the hero Gotham needs.

So really, Two-Face really needs to be alive or else how will Batman's reputation ever be cleared?

Maybe I should change my title to say :I Believe Harvey Dent is alive :lol

Nolan would have shown that to the audience after the Funeral to foreshadow the Next Film. He didn't... and it was Nolan himself who wrote Dent was dead in the script and told Aaron that Dent was dead. I think that settles it :D

Let's move on the the NEXT villain. :blackbat

Harvey is dead. Harvey died as a result of the fall. Batman had to save the kid. It's very simple. I don't understand why people are having trouble grasping it...

The whole "Harvey died, but Two-Face LIVES!" is bull^^^^. Having Harvey dead, but Two-Face live is departing from the "realistic" core of Nolan's films. He doesn't have two lives, and he's not an amoeba. He's a man.

I could be wrong, but I don't really remember that drop being that much higher than the one Batman dropped Sal Moroni from so he could live. Plus him surviving for me wouldn't be a departure from realism anymore than having half your face severely burned, but being able to get out of bed and kill people the next day.

It sounds to me like Dent is dead and won't be coming back, but I stand by saying that what we see in the movie is ambiguous enough that he could be alive.

It doesn't matter. Batman KILLED him by pushing him off that edge. Batman broke his one rule!

Batman did NOT break his one rule. Dent's death was accidental, Batman did not intend to kill him.

That doesn't matter. His role is don't kill, and he did. And it wasn't accidental, he tackled him on the edge of a building! What do you think he thought would happen? He would land on a pile of pillows? He broke his one rule, period. Joker won.

That is my biggest reason why Two-Face shouldn't be dead, athough I won't deny he isn't. I think Nolan made that clear to Eckhart. :lol

I didn't get any kind of message about Batman breaking his rule or that Dent's death indicated the Joker won. I thought the whole point was the Joker would win if Gotham saw it's "white knight" turned into a homicidal maniac, indicating that everyone is corruptable and there is no hope, etc.
Batman taking the blame was to keep Harvey's inspirational memory intact for the city, hence the Joker loses.
Harvey's death was accidental.

BUT, I totally agree with this -

I could be wrong, but I don't really remember that drop being that much higher than the one Batman dropped Sal Moroni from so he could live. Plus him surviving for me wouldn't be a departure from realism anymore than having half your face severely burned, but being able to get out of bed and kill people the next day.

It sounds to me like Dent is dead and won't be coming back, but I stand by saying that what we see in the movie is ambiguous enough that he could be alive.

Why have such a direct parallel between the two "falls" (three if you consider Batman's drop onto that nice soft car) if it's not intentional? I'm not saying Dent is alive, but they definitely hedged it a bit in case they decided to use him again.

I'd say that Dent is dead...

They should just move on and do another brilliant take on Batman's Rogue gallery. I still lobby heavily for a modern Nolan Mr Freeze. It can be done, I guarantee it. :D

That doesn't matter. His role is don't kill, and he did. And it wasn't accidental, he tackled him on the edge of a building! What do you think he thought would happen? He would land on a pile of pillows? He broke his one rule, period. Joker won.

That is my biggest reason why Two-Face shouldn't be dead, athough I won't deny he isn't. I think Nolan made that clear to Eckhart. :lol

I don't think he intended to kill Two Face so his rule still stands. If he didnt act, Gordon or his son would have been killed.

Back