Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough, but then I still think there should have been more remorse on Batman's part. He broke his one rule, but he did it to save someone. Is that fair? Is that justified? Had he not saved Dent from the Joker's bomb earlier, none of that would have happened. Should he have gone after Dent in the first place, and thus saving Rachel by mistake? There are a lot of things to consider that I just don't think were done justice by the ending Nolan gave us. For such an amazing film, it is all the more confusing why Nolan ended it the way he did.

I LOVE the ending, the way it ended was perfect to me... I just wish, like you, that he would have been a bit more eaten up for letting the situation get out of control like it did. But, no movie is perfect.. :D

I don't know I also see it as a instinct act.. he had to do it.. his goal was to save the kid at all cost by tackling two face...

BTW have you guys paid attention to what Eckhart has been saying? has he ever mentioned that TWO-FACE is dead? or has he only been saying dent?

I LOVE the ending, the way it ended was perfect to me... I just wish, like you, that he would have been a bit more eaten up for letting the situation get out of control like it did. But, no movie is perfect.. :D

The VERY ending was great. Just this whole Two-face showdown played out wrong in my opinion. Heck, Two-face shooting himself might have been a better way to kill him off. He did flip for himself afterall!

But really, other than these few minutes, the film is perfect. Is is without a doubt a masterpiece regardless.

There is always hope for a special edition recut :naughty

I don't know I also see it as a instinct act.. he had to do it.. his goal was to save the kid at all cost by tackling two face...

BTW have you guys paid attention to what Eckhart has been saying? has he ever mentioned that TWO-FACE is dead? or has he only been saying dent?

:confused: I don't know.

I am one of those that views them as two seperate people. What I saw, I saw Harvey Dent die, but not Two-Face. Harvey died with his reputation. But Two-face is still alive and kicking.

But he did say he isn't comming back... yet.

An interview from a couple of days back.
Aaron Eckhart on Two-Face
Source: Heather Newgen
twofacegone.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Indeed. It's just wait and see I guess. This is the curse and beauty of a Nolan directed film. :monkey2

:lol No kidding. But at least his death was vague enough that it wouldn't be a major stretch to bring him back. I'd actually like to see him a few months or years later and see what his face would look like after it healed. :horror

The script in the art book states: "Dent lies at the bottom of the hole, his neck broken. DEAD".

He is dead, Batman did not directly cause his death, nor intend to kill him. He had to act and Dent's death was accidental. As someone else mentioned, there was no way for Batman to know he would die - the height of the drop looked very similar to that of Maroni's. A fall depends a great deal of how you land, not how high the drop is.

Batman had to act, and DID NOT break his one rule.

The script was also written before Ledger passed away meaning the vision Nolan had for part 3 has changed completely unless he is willing to recast Joker which I really doubt it. Nolan could easily change his mind and bring back Two Face. To say Two Face is 100% dead or 100% alive is ridiculous.

They did ask Harvey Dent though, not Two-face. To get picky, they are two seperate people really. But he does say he isn't returning either.

But to me it sounds like he was saying the actor's character is dead here regardless of whether the character was Dent or Two-Face. "No. I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, "You're dead" before I could even get the question out of my mouth. "Hey Chris, am I?" "You're dead!" Alright, cool."

It would be cool to see Harvey down the road after his face healed.

Nolan's Batman is pretty fast and loose with his "one rule." Its a fluke that the first Tumbler chase in BB didn't result in the deaths of half a dozen police officers.

"I won't kill you but I don't have to save you," apparently applies not only to Rha's Al Ghul but to all villains, cops, bystanders, old ladies crossing the street, etc. :lol

Nolan's Batman is pretty fast and loose with his "one rule." Its a fluke that the first Tumbler chase in BB didn't result in the deaths of half a dozen police officers.

"I won't kill you but I don't have to save you," apparently applies not only to Rha's Al Ghul but to all villains, cops, bystanders, old ladies crossing the street, etc. :lol

Yeah, I had that problem with BB and TDK as well. Batman is extremely reckless and brutal against anyone who gets in his way. How hard would it have been to tell the SWAT teams that the clowns were hostages? Not hard at all.

But that would've made for a boring climax.

That's what I disliked in the movie, Batman throwing SWAT team members out of a window with a cord wrapped around them to keep them from falling to their deaths. I agree telling the SWAT team that clowns were hostages wouldn't have worked, but they could have found another way to do it.

But they didnt die. He needed to get them out of the situation as quicly as possible. Beating them sensless wouldnt stop ALL of them.

Maybe Nolan told Eckhart that he's dead because he knew he would be vague about the question if asked. Nolan is a frickin magician when it comes to movies. Perhaps he just told him that so we the audience won't consider him coming back. Eckhart did tell the press he was going to be Two-Face in the film before Nolan wanted him to so maybe thats why he told him he's dead.

Or maybe I'm lying to myself because I don't want to believe he killed of Two-Face. I was really hoping that Goyer and Nolan learned the lessons of film past and not kill off villains. Two -Face would have been the perfect villain for film 3 IMO. :mad::mad:

Or maybe I'm lying to myself because I don't want to believe he killed of Two-Face. I was really hoping that Goyer and Nolan learned the lessons of film past and not kill off villains. Two -Face would have been the perfect villain for film 3 IMO. :mad::mad:

Thing is though, in Dark Knight, Two-Face didn't really earn villain status. That's what Two-Face is in the comics, but in Nolan's film world, if Harvey is dead, then Two-Face ammounts to a tragic hero. Harvey Dent was a hero to Gotham, took a tragic turn to the dark and suffered a tragic fate because of his fall from grace. The only true villain of TDK was Joker, who didn't die, so Nolan didn't kill the villain, but unfortunately because of Heath's death, Joker will likely play little to no part of a 3rd film.

Back