Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure the coin wasn't scratched up until after the explosion, in fact I think it was damaged in the explosion. I think he tossed it to Rachel when he was arrested and both sides were clean.

I guess I just don't like my Batman hurting innocent people, bad guys and villains are fine. I'm wondering which is worse, being killed by a lunatic like Joker, or killed on accident by Batman while pursuing Joker, who instead of stopping permanently he keeps his conscience clean by not killing which in turn allows Joker to escape and people die by Joker's actions as well as Batman's in apprehending Joker (again).

It actually is on the TDK score to an extent, it's a mix of tracks already on there for the most part, I might try and piece it together for better quality with software on my PC.

The number 1 bit of music for me that wasn't on the score from the movie is the part where Batman shoots the darts from his arm at Joker and flips him over the building, they have the music leading up to that moment and right after, but not that part, which sucks cuz it was the best part.

My favorite part of the ENTIRE score is on the #2nd track. Right before the 6:00 mark. Its from the scene in the parking garage with the Citizens For Batman. It's all chaotic sounding, representing the crazy vigilante group ... then BAM. Right at the 6:00 mark the sound is dround out to the official Batman theme, as he makes his precense felt on the screen and starts taking out the vigilantes.

One of my favorite pieces of music from over the body of the two films is in I'm Not A Hero. First time you hear it in TDK is when Bruce is making his plans for the Hong Kong trip, and it's the same music that scores over in Begins when Bruce is finalizing work on the Batman suit and his weapons before his first night out in full costume, just something cool and powerful in it, especially the way it builds up.

i have very few compaints about this film and how it was executed, but i do get the impression Nolan has saved a couple of joker scenes for closure in the third film now that he cant continue with heath...

I'd guess if Nolan had no intention of using Joker in a possible 3rd film, his closure in TDK would have been more solid, you'd have seen him locked in Arkham or something to give the audience a stronger sense that the threat was subdued.

he evidently wanted to continue the joker story, but i feel leaving the joker hanging there wasnt the end, i expect they filmed a scene post harveys death with batman confronting the joker rounding off everything that happened...
well i hope so, so sad that heath died

Well, I imagine there was more intended for Joker, but I can't imagine it with Batman, at least not with other scenes first. I'm certain the end of TDK is what it was meant to be, so with that, Batman's a fugitive for now, he'd never get near Joker while Joker's in custody.

It actually is on the TDK score to an extent, it's a mix of tracks already on there for the most part, I might try and piece it together for better quality with software on my PC.

The number 1 bit of music for me that wasn't on the score from the movie is the part where Batman shoots the darts from his arm at Joker and flips him over the building, they have the music leading up to that moment and right after, but not that part, which sucks cuz it was the best part.

Actually, several pieces in that track are missing from the score. Trust me, I've been listening to the score for a couple months.

Here's another one with new stuff towards the end - https://www.megaupload.com/?d=60ZNFCQW

Actually, several pieces in that track are missing from the score. Trust me, I've been listening to the score for a couple months.

Here's another one with new stuff towards the end - https://www.megaupload.com/?d=60ZNFCQW

Guess I'll have to listen to it carefully, I've been listening to the score a lot too, pretty much either going in or coming home from work every day I throw in my mix, sometimes both times of commute, it's just therapeutic to listen to for me.

Great find on that latest track, has the music from the action part of the Scarecrow scene :rock

Something I wish had made its onto the TDK Score -

TDK End Credits Music - here

Thank you for finding that man!!:banana

Maulfan and scubasteve, do you guys agree that minutes 1:13 to 2:10 in the end credits are the beginning of track 8 (Like a Dog Chasing Cars) from the soundtrack album?
I knew when I watched the credits a few weeks ago I heard a little bit of Dog Chasing Cars. :D

Thank you for finding that man!!:banana

Maulfan and scubasteve, do you guys agree that minutes 1:13 to 2:10 in the end credits are the beginning of track 8 (Like a Dog Chasing Cars) from the soundtrack album?
I knew when I watched the credits a few weeks ago I heard a little bit of Dog Chasing Cars. :D

I'd have to check, but I'd say 80-90% of the credits track is made up of the exact or subtle variations of tracks on the regular score CD. I wish the credits and the SWAT battle tracks from the extended cut were cleaner, non-movie recordings like the rest, but the dialogue and the SWAT track you hear Joker's coat flapping, kinda kills it a bit.

I know a number of folks dislike the Zimmer-Howard scores to Begins and TDK, but to me, the music is some of the best movie music in a long time, I love it.

Well it's kind of interesting given the Joker's status for a potential 3rd movie. Originally the Nolan / Goyer draft for the proposed trilogy has the 2nd movie being all Joker, w/ Harvey Dent coming into play aiding Batman and Gordon in taking down the mob and this new force the Joker. The 3rd film was supposed to be the "trial of the Joker", and Joker was supposed to escape custody, and Dent was to be scared in Nolan's 3rd bat-film, becoming Two-Face.

It seems that they kind of combined those two movies into one. Because, we got the Joker escaping GPD custody in this one and having to be chased, we got Joker playing a part in scaring Dent, and we got Two-Face.

Maybe they meshed the two because a) they wanted to tell a different story for a 3rd film, about Batman's redemption or whatever or b) maybe Heath, who prior to this was never a big fan of comic book movies didn't want to reprise his role so they decided to bust it all out in one shot, cause some serious actors don't like to reprise a role as they feel there is no new challenge or c) maybe Nolan condensed it all because maybe this was his last Batman film.

Back