Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh. The Extended TDK will work until the high-def audio tracks from the blu-ray come out.

It's a noble effort, for what it is.

Oh I'd say all but the last couple tracks turned out well, I wonder why they came out different from the others though. I'm glad people are able to make these though, it's a shame the studios / composers don't see the demand there is from buyers to have the full body of their work from the film. I know a lot of times it's that the composer creates a score CD as a representation of their work, which is why often various scenes end up mixed into one track. It works, and I understand and can support the artistic side of the choice, but from the side of wanting to hear every note we get in the film, it's dissappointing, especially because often what the audience like most isn't what the composer does and it never makes it onto the score.

At the very least they could put the "unreleased" tracks on iTunes or a similar online format, which would save them the hassle of printing physical copies of an "extended" edition. At least, that's my hope :(

Well, I'm glad you found and shared these with us, VERY much appreciated. Have you ever come accross extended scores for Pirates of the Caribbean? That's another score series where much of my favorite stuff is absent from the CDs.

Well, I'm glad you found and shared these with us, VERY much appreciated. Have you ever come accross extended scores for Pirates of the Caribbean? That's another score series where much of my favorite stuff is absent from the CDs.

I have some POTC, except an AWE extended. There are two different extended editions of both POTC and DMC (4 total). One with SFX and one without. Pretty cool to hear swords clashing out of nowhere :p

They are pretty easy to find, if you google. I think they are still out there. It's been awhile since I got them.

I have some POTC, except an AWE extended. There are two different extended editions of both POTC and DMC (4 total). One with SFX and one without. Pretty cool to hear swords clashing out of nowhere :p

They are pretty easy to find, if you google. I think they are still out there. It's been awhile since I got them.

Oh maybe you can dig em up for us, no rush bro:D

Thanks for the Batman stuff!:banana

Thanks, Curse is the one I want most, the end fight music from the Pirates cave is my favorite piece of music in the whole series.

I love film scores, I just wish more complete ones were out there.

Could I maybe get a little help on how to download these? For some reason they don't want to work for me.:duh

If you do the MEGAUPLOAD one, here's what you do.

1) Click the link.
2) At the top, there's a text field with an orange DOWNLOAD button, enter the text that says please enter _ _ _ here into the text field and click the download button.
3) On the next page, you'll see a column labelled FREE and at the bottom it'll say Please Wait _ _ Seconds To Download, once that time's up, a download button appears and you just click it and it starts the download to your PC.
4) Use an unzipping program to extract the files.

I really hate that the only way to get the "Hoist the Colours Suite" is in the box set. I love that tune.

Jack Sparrow doesn't belong in Nolan's franchise. If WB wanted to top TDK, simply in terms of Box Office (not movie quality), then they'll cast him. No doubt that movie would put butts in seats.

I'd consider giving PSH a chance.

But, Caine is senile. I mean, look at him -

tdkpremierekm0.jpg

I'll believe this when I hear WB or one of the Nolans confirm.

I think Depp as The Riddler would be a fantastic choice... Depp can play insane rather well, and as long as he went full out into the role and gave us something chilling... could be revolutionary. Hoffman as Penguin would be perfect too, I can see both of them in my mind pretty damn clearly...

I think Depp as The Riddler would be a fantastic choice... Depp can play insane rather well, and as long as he went full out into the role and gave us something chilling... could be revolutionary. Hoffman as Penguin would be perfect too, I can see both of them in my mind pretty damn clearly...

I'm thinking Depp in a darker side, like in Secret Window, would be interesting. Just like Ledger did with the Joker, and Depp as Sparrow, i think Depp could use his gifts as a physically expressive actor to create a chilling villain.

With Nolan's Batman films, you have to almost ignore the past performances of any actor and just know that Nolan picks them for their talents and knows that each choice can be shaped into his vision for the character.

Jack Sparrow doesn't belong in Nolan's franchise. If WB wanted to top TDK, simply in terms of Box Office (not movie quality), then they'll cast him. No doubt that movie would put butts in seats

What's wrong with Depp? And weren't you one of those who doubted the casting of Ledger initially?

You know, being able to hear the music from Begins clearly through the extended score, I'm amazed how many bits that I loved from TDK and didn't think were in Begins at all actually were but with the other sounds of the scenes, didn't come through as prominent where in TDK, the music was the emphasis at those times and not the scene noise. Very cool. I like the Begins score even more now, but I stand by my feeling that of the official released CDs, Begins is weaker than TDK, Begins CD only contains half the cool tracks to me.

What's wrong with Depp? And weren't you one of those who doubted the casting of Ledger initially?

Negative. I had full confidence in Ledger. He proved he was a chameleon well before TDK. Been a fan since Monster's Ball. He chose roles that challenged him. Hence, I am skeptical that Joker was to appear in the third film, since I doubt Ledger would have wanted to reprise.

And as for Depp, it's just personal taste. However, I do look forward to Bale opposite Depp in Public Enemies.

Last edited:
Eckhart (sp?) and Freeman are really the only two who look happy to be in that picture. :lol

I think Depp could be an interesting Riddler. I could see him being a serious and chilling character obsessed with puzzles and riddles and a pretty good character.

If you do the MEGAUPLOAD one, here's what you do.

1) Click the link.
2) At the top, there's a text field with an orange DOWNLOAD button, enter the text that says please enter _ _ _ here into the text field and click the download button.
3) On the next page, you'll see a column labelled FREE and at the bottom it'll say Please Wait _ _ Seconds To Download, once that time's up, a download button appears and you just click it and it starts the download to your PC.
4) Use an unzipping program to extract the files.

Thany you sir.:D

Back