Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best guess is that it includes Batman's entrance in TDK and the little bit that played during the ensuing fight.

One of the highlights of the film, if you ask me.

Ya, I love how that one bit of music from Begins entrances him as he uses the hydraulic weapon to take out the rifle, just coolness.

Hopefully, with Prologue right before Buyer Beware, if it is the Scarecrow scene music, it flows seemless from the first track to the second like Why So Serious and I'm Not A Hero on the first disc, as it does in the movie.

So many tunes stand out, especially "I'm Not A Hero." To me, that song has become Batman's theme, not just Nolan's vision, but all incarnations. Zimmer/JNH did a wonderful job.

I'd say I'm not a Hero, and A Dog Chasing Cars are two very defining pieces for Batman. I love that unstoppable force vibe from Chasing Cars that's used in the SWAT scene, it just underscores the action on the film perfectly, he will not give up, he cannot quit, he can't have limits, he will do what he must.

Still one of my favorite bits from Begins or TDK is that pounding drum bit at the very end of the film as the pod races off into the street light with Gordon's monlogue, same bit as when he first finds the batcave.

Perhaps the first 10 tracks of Disk 2 is the entire movie soundtrack in order, although I don't know how that work capacity-wide on a single CD.

I hope that low hum/bass from Joker's escape in the cop car is somewhere on the disc. Very small part, I know, but I'd like to have it. One of the best scenes in TDK :)

I don't think it is. Sadly, I think this 2 disc set will comprise all the bits from the film, but not in film order, with some tracks containing multiple, spread out scenes. We'll see. I have the score from this past summers Hulk move and it's a 2 disc set to get all the music from an under 2 hour movie, TDK couldn't be less than 2 discs.

Still one of my favorite bits from Begins or TDK is that pounding drum bit at the very end of the film as the pod races off into the street light with Gordon's monlogue, same bit as when he first finds the batcave.

That music, cape flailing, light consuming him, title pops up, great scene!

I hope that low hum/bass from Joker's escape in the cop car is somewhere on the disc. Very small part, I know, but I'd like to have it. One of the best scenes in TDK :)

Well the music is essentially there on disc one, I'm not sure if it's a score element or sound FX bit, it was really like almost the sound of the explosion stretching all the way back to joker from the warehouses, very strange but perfectly scores his little moment of victory.

Gawd, I can't wait to have the full film on BR. Every once in awhile, I'll pop the prologue into the player, and I'm just astonished by the quality. I have a pretty vast BR catalog, but the TDK prologue stands out amongst them all in terms of audio/video quality.

For those who enjoyed TDK and haven't upgraded to BR, it's time to start thinking about it!

That scene is what makes passing on the HT pod hard for me, it's one of my all time favorite shots in a movie and I want to replicate it.

I went with the pod for now, over the Tumbler. That would make an awesome shot to replicate, especially with your APS skills (as long as we get the wired cape) :)

Gawd, I can't wait to have the full film on BR. Every once in awhile, I'll pop the prologue into the player, and I'm just astonished by the quality. I have a pretty vast BR catalog, but the TDK prologue stands out amongst them all in terms of audio/video quality.

For those who enjoyed TDK and haven't upgraded to BR, it's time to start thinking about it!

TDK and Begins will be my first BR purchases, I'll be getting an HD TV and BR player this winter.

About time they dish this out. I wish all movies would have a complete score but this will suffice for my Batman-Zimmer craving.

That scene is what makes passing on the HT pod hard for me, it's one of my all time favorite shots in a movie and I want to replicate it.

Agreed. That was one of the most dramatic, awe-inspiring scenes of any movie in recent memory. You just knew that all of the pieces of the puzzle were suddenly being brought together - that Two-Face would be born, Rachel would meet a fate that so many of us who remained spoiler-free hoped and hypothesized; that the Joker would emerge the victor and that Batman would fail. So much happening at such a break-neck pace... which is exactly what that score illustrates. TDK certainly made the batpod more iconic, in my opinion, than the tumbler, with all of the crucial scenes of which it was a part (the chase/rescue from "Agent of Chaos" being my personal favorite... as well as the tractor trailor flip scene; one couldn't help but gasp in awe as the pod ascended the wall, pivoted, and reversed position).

Oh, and some of the "The Ferries" music can be found on the "A Dark Knight" track. Still, while the main score released was largely a collage of the more popular or widely-used tracks, it will be nice to have more scene-specific releases. Largely the entire second disc seems superb. Can not WAIT! This is what I would have liked to have been released originally. One could hope that if it's successful we might see a Special Edition BB score someday in the future.

Oh, and the BR release is definitely going to be the highlight of my BR collection... which I can start accumulating after November 19th next month when my girlfriend buys me a BR player for my b-day. :rock

Last edited:
The Dark Knight has reached a worldwide total of $997.6 million ($528.6 million domestically, $469 million internationally) and should be able to cross the $1 billion mark with the re-release in January.

WB's Oscar-push site -

https://warnerbros2008.warnerbros.com/#/movies/thedarkknight/foryourconsideration/

Here's a link to d/l the background music -

https://www.zshare.net/audio/5110690410013148/

Entire film script -

https://warnerbros2008.warnerbros.com/assets/images/TheDarkKnight_Script.pdf

And you can pre-order the new, extended score for a bit cheaper, here -

https://www.thedarkknightscore.com/

There is a cool "making of" vid on that site, with some cues I've never heard before.

Last edited:
I think we're going to be hearing something soon on the third movie. Just from some hints dropped.

heathjoker_fyc_wb.jpg

The packaging is superb. It's housed inside of a "book" with high quality pictures (similar to the original limited edition except this is hardcover). It is quite a bit larger than a standard CD case. The outer case has the bat symbol "cut out" and serves as a slipcase for the booklet. One disc on front cover, other disc on back cover. Lots of the cues I have never heard before (possible because the SFX overshadowed them in the film). The remixes are very nice, as well.

I would say this set is as close to definitive as it gets, until people start ripping the actual tracks from the DVD/BRs.

Sounds good, I noticed in the walmart preview that there are cues in the parking garage scene that I couldn't discern in the theater and didn't even translate through on the bootleg.

Is the book nice, lots of cool pictures and interesting text?

Back